UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Go Hunting at SDCC

57149_129712_1.jpg

Join "The Hunt" and Win Big at SDCC!

This year’s San Diego Comic Con will have more going for it than mere celebrities, exclusives and premieres… it’ll have the ultimate Minimate-themed scavenger hunt, too! Kicking off this year in the glorious San Diego Convention Center, “The Hunt: A Minimate Adventure” will pit determined teams of con-goers against each other as they compete for the respect and admiration of their peers… and there’s prizes, too!

Click here for more info!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stupid fun event with stupid super-cool prizes at stupid convention in stupid California stupid i'm not going to be there stupid...

Hopefully anyone from the board who is there has fun and brings home the silver and gold.

Guess I need to practice separating my body from my astral form a la Dr. Strange so I can attend. I wonder if this "Hunt" Minimate will be a blank with a logo or some sort of actual character? And does the winning team have to split all the minimates released this year, or does each member get them? How would that work for the Gold and Silver Spidey?

I will need to assemble a team, if they let me play.

Did any one else hear A-Team music when they read this post... :D

T.

Dude I so totally did!! I pass along much good karma to all board members who are in on this and cant wait to hear about it!

Jeff of the Minis

I will need to assemble a team, if they let me play.

Did any one else hear A-Team music when they read this post... :D

T.

Okay, we're renting a big black van and I'll get the red stripe decal and the spoiler kit ready! I love it when a plan comes together.

OK so Team "Coy Totems and Idols" is officially entered.

Watch out folks TBT, Nervous and the Shanester are ready to kick ass :D

T.

p.s. yes it's a wierd name but it there is a logic behind it :)

No no people, don't you realize what DST is trying to do? They are trying to finally rid the world of all us overly-enthusiastic Minimate fanatics. They're so tired of all the relentless badgering for this Minimate or that Minimate, that they are finally ready to wipe us all out.

I'm picturing some cavernous conference room on one of the top floors of some tall building in Timonium. In it, DST's upper management decides the best way to cure the plague of Minimate devotees.

• Radioactive substance embedded in the plastic? No, nobody wants to deal with the Nuclear Regulatory Comission.
  • Poison-coated packaging? No, we wouldn't want to hurt all those nice stockboys at Target.
  • Create little homicidal Minimate-shaped robots and randomly substitute them for regular Minimates? This way the more Minimates a person buys, the more likely it is that they will get one of the little killing machines. No, that won't work either. Just think of the R&D time, I wan't these annoying fans gone now!
  • Create a contest that only the most obsessed fans will enter. And make them do it in person, so we can look them in the eyes before we kill them. Eureka!
What contest prize would draw the most Minimate maniacs to their doom?? Gold and Silver Spideys of course! That kind of temptation would crack the reservations of the most die hard cynic. With that kind of bait, DST will be able to get rid of all of us. Posting on the MMMV would slow to a crawl.. There would be, what, only two people left? Probably just Jules and that new guy from Australia.

I'm sure after the deadline is over, all the participants will gather in one of the exhibition rooms upstairs for the award ceremony. Just before the winning team is announced, the lights will dim down. In darkness, the DST staff will slip out the back, and the room will fill with mustard gas. Or Chuck will say "Execute Order 66" and all the DST volunteers will whip out their light sabers and start hacking off limbs. Or maybe giant metal spikes will come down from the ceiling. However it happens, it won't be pretty.

This is just your friendly neighborhood Ivan, spreading a word of caution. I don't want all my MMMV friends to die. So if you are a wise Minimate fan, you won't enter this contest. You don't want to die, do you?

No no people,...

... You don't want to die, do you?

Very funny and very scary rant, and it's not th first time I've heard some of these conspiracy theories...

So we'll see you at the Con then? :)

T.