UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Minimates Movie Poster Contest!

luke314pi

The Minimates Movie Poster Contest

poster.gif

At the Fall 2005 toy show, we were treated to some great movie poster designs by Art Asylum starring minimates. The inclusion of minimates in the posters gave them a unique style that was striking and memorable. With the talent pool we have here on MMV, I know we can make some posters that are just as good or better!

For this contest, you will create your own movie poster starring minimates! This poster must be based off an existing movie poster. You can find posters for almost any movie online. Some good references are imdb.com and allposters.com. You are free to create your posters using any media, including photography, hand-drawn art, and digital art.

Rules:

1.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your movie poster in this thread
2.) Please post a link to the original movie poster with your entry
3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post.
4.) Only one entry per person.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Sunday June 24th at 11:59 PM CST.
Voting begins once the Contest Gallery has been posted on June 25th and ends June 28th at 11:59 PM CST.
Winners will be posted on June 29th.

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, who you feel created the best design.

1.) Best Design
2.) Second Best Design
3.) Third Best Design

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts
During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Luke314pi

Prizes:

This contest includes some very special prizes:

1.) First of all, all three top entrants will have their posters featured in the upcoming Punisher Minimate Justice PC Game! For more information about this game, please visit the Punisher Minimate Justice website.

title-1.jpg

2.) The entrant who places first in the vote will receive a custom Ultron minimate by Luke314pi! Ultron plays a major role in Punisher Minimate Justice, and this minimate is identical to the one in the game.

ultron.jpg

3.) Finally, all three contest winners will have their choice of one of the following minimate packs:

Colossus / Nightcrawler
Punisher / Blade
Spider Woman / Riot Attack Spider-Man
Kitty Pryde / Beast
Indiemates Box Set

The first place winner will choose first, and then the second place winner, and so on. Once a prize/slot has been selected, it will not be available from the next winner.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread or send a PM to Luke314pi.

Contest Prizes are brought to you by Luke314pi. Have fun with this contest!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it necessary to include the Minimates logo at the bottom like AA did for most of those toy show posters?

No, that is completely optional. I would say to make it resemble the original poster as much as possible.

Behold! I have finished:

CLOCKWORK2.jpg

and the original:

MoviePoster-ClockworkOrange.jpg

So, whaddaya guys think? Hope someone at AA/DST sees it and gets some ideas. I'm just glad I managed to finish it before someone else did their own Clockwork Orange, I can't be the only one that thought it'd be funny to see the word Kubrick on a Minimate poster.

Ok folks so here's my entry.... This was actually done with a a real minimate with LED's inserted to give the light sources, the only photoshop trickery is pasting it onto the background of the original poster.

*Edit* I just posted some WIP pix in my custom thread.

post-7-1181930455_thumb.jpg

And the original poster...

post-7-1181930520_thumb.jpg

T.

Love it TBT. Nice work on the LEDs.

I'm hoping to get my entry done over the next week as I have so much free time now.

Just hope no one posts the same poster as me before I make it.

So after chatting with TBT the other night I was convinced to go at my project for this contest and crank one out. I killed 2 birds with one stone as I got the finally do the custom from my favorite movie!! Now I give you...

crow_ver2.jpg

and heres mine...

minicrow.jpg

hope you all enjoy!

Jeff of the Minis

Graham already posted a poster from this film, but i have been working on mine all week. Also made with Paint and a crappy mobile phone camera. If only I had Photoshop or the GIMP or anything better than Microsoft Paint!!!

Here it is:

danfinal2.jpg

Feedback appreciated as this is my first custom/art piece.