UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Play sets compatible with Minimates?

I remember reading somewhere over here about the display of minimates and Heroscape tiles and environments and that they fit in fairly well. I know Heroscape is coming out with a Marvel set sometime this year so that'll fit. Megabloks probably fits more so than Lego as most of their sets aren't even building blocks just more dynamic plastic pieces. Imaginext did have modern sets (like the customized fire station that was shown when minis initially came out) but I don't recall seeing any thing as of late. I imagine some of the plainer set pieces from Playmobil would work like rock and plants items but I don't see them in brick and mortar stores.

Are there any other toy lines with playsets or pieces that might make interesting backgrounds for minimates?

I know that the old Bat Cave / Wayne Manor works really well with minimates.

I used it in my old desktop theaters for backgrounds. here is an example .

mmdtttohp26.jpg?t=1177339817

the office cubes also work well another example

041229dtt9to52.jpg?t=1177339712

and even the lil bratz high school works

mmdtttohp54.jpg?t=1177339885

but I think the best of the best was the harry potter toys from a couple of years ago...

mmdtttohp34.jpg?t=1177339954

All the ones that were mentioned are ones with which I am familiar. I use the Mega Bloks Spider-man sets (I have seen the Spider-man 3 sets too--planning on nabbing those when they hit clearance). I am also glad to see the old Batman: Animated Series Batcave works welll--I have a broken up one on hand, and I was planning on using the metallic part with my Chemical Warehouse sets, the cave wall part with parts of the C3 Batcave (since the C3 cave doesn't work as a unit anyhow!), and the mansion part either with the mansion pieces from the C3 set, for repaint it into an Avengers mansion or a JSA brownstone HQ. Of course, now that the Hall of Justice look is en vogue for the current JLA, I may try to get a broken up Hall of Justice from the Super Powers run, repaint that as a Justice League backdrop.

Has anyone tried using the Justice League Watchtower set for minimates? I have one in box that I have not gotten around to setting up. I was planning on using it for my 'mates because it doesn't really work with the Justice League Unlimited line because the figures are so clumsy. I am also thinking of altering my Justice League Javelin 7 to work with mates.

There are some Mega Bloks "Pirates of the Carribean" sets that look promising for use with Aquaman and Ocean Master (and Black Manta, if they get around to him!).

• 2 weeks later...

There's a really cool playset on eBay right now called "Punisher's Warehouse" from the Marvel World line which apparently is manufactured by Famosa Co. in Spain. The figures themselves are just over 3" tall so it might be a little out of scale but the building itself looks almost too cool to pass up. Granted this one is a little overpriced...

Click here to check out the auction with pics

SHE-THING: Have you seen this set?

Here's a direct link to the Famosa website. There are two more playsets shown: The Baxter Building and some kind of ninja environment. They don't say how tall the figures are anywhere but on the back of the packaging which you can see in these eBay auctions it says they stand 3.34" (8.4 cm) tall so I suppose they're closer to Playmobil figs (or 3" Minimates) in height.

It would be nice to see some comparison pics with Minimates in there for reference. Maybe we could convince She-Thing to source these out in Spain and take some pics? :biggrin:

I have a good friend that lives in Spain, I could prob source these fairly easily if they are not so off the scale they look bad.

I'm worried that 3.3" is too big to work with mates though.

T.

I have a good friend that lives in Spain, I could prob source these fairly easily if they are not so off the scale they look bad.

I'm worried that 3.3" is too big to work with mates though.

T.

TBT if you are serious about the hook up, please let me know...I NEED that baxter building

I am not worried about scale. The 5 inch batcave worked perfectly for them and this looks waaay better

TBT if you are serious about the hook up, please let me know...

Agreed, although I'd love to see some comparison pics first if possible.

I sent an email to Famosa asking if I could order from their site directly and if not, if they knew of a North American retailer that carried their Marvel World line. I couldn't seem to find one though - does anyone know of one or has anyone seen these playsets in a brick 'n' mortar store?

[Ady: Fujis found them first. *LOCK*]

Curses! *Shakes fist in rage*

And I thought I had a good scoop stolen from Raving Toy Maniac. :P

Who would have thought "Playsets compatible with Minimates" would also have a discussion on these? :P

That crafty Fujis. I'm going to have to pay more attention to what he's up to.

Damn I love those famosa playsets! I want them. Too bad you can't order them and ebay is just a drag. Wish I had family there.

They even have an abomination, that's what I'm talking about! Kinda sad we don't have him in minimates form. :(

FYI, Im checking my sources this weekend, will report back

Cool. I sure hope someone can procure a middle man for people that want these sets!

That crafty Fujis. I'm going to have to pay more attention to what he's up to.

No one suspects the butterfly... ;)

Sorry to double-post like this...

I was just checking the Famosa website and it seems that they are located outside of Spain as well. Here are where they are located as well as contact info. I just want to make sure that we can get these sets for the members that are interested (and it seems there are a few).

Spain

• Madrid - famosaspain@famosa.es

Onil - famosaspain@famosa.es

Valencia - play@pbpes.com

Ibi - consumidor@feber.com

Portugal
  • Lisbon - famosaportugal@famosa.es
Italy
  • Milan - famosaitaly@famosa.es
France
  • Paris - famosafrance@famosa.es

Germany

• Hannover - famosagermany@famosa.es
United Kingdom
  • Nottingham - famosauk@famosa.es
Puerto Rico
  • San Juan - famosapr@famosa.es
Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong - famosahk@famosa.es

I have already sent an email through the main site (no response yet) and I just sent one off to the UK email address. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear anything.

Has anyone had any luck with their contacts in Spain?

Damn I love those famosa playsets! I want them. Too bad you can't order them and ebay is just a drag. Wish I had family there.

They even have an abomination, that's what I'm talking about! Kinda sad we don't have him in minimates form. :(

They have Kang as well AND got Loki & Thor already. <_<