UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

QC issues, Anyone else getting a lot of wrong arms?

TBT!

Guys,

Whilst I love the improved quality of the paint jobs it would be great if DST could get the people in the factories to put a matching pair of arms on the figures.

I've had at least 2-3 BSG figures with both of the same arms and now my Jean Grey has two right arms also.

Is anyone else getting this is am I just scarily unlucky?

T.

I've not had a backwards arm for ages. The last one I had was on the AFX Iron-Man 2 pack.

TBT have you had a word with DST yet mate?

I just shot their Cust service an email and will let you know what they say.

*EDIT* I just got a reply saying the person is "out of office til Monday"

T.

I think the last backwards arm that I got was on my C3 Robin, before that... I can't remember. I think it was one of my Silver Surfers. Any way those two were the only ones that I have ever gotten and fixing it was easy. Sure the arm swings both ways now, but I'm fine with that :tongue:

I just shot their Cust service an email and will let you know what they say.

*EDIT* I just got a reply saying the person is "out of office til Monday"

T.

Fingers crossed for ya mate. I know someone on here got a very satisfactory result recently. Hopefully the same'll happen for you.

out of my cylon 5 pack,4 of them had two of the same arms.the fifth one had two left legs :thumbsup:

That's appalling. Have you taken it back to Suncoast?

The knee on my VARIANT Sentry broke 20 seconds out of the box. I emailed DST customer support explaining the issue, and was told to send the figure back to them (at my expense) to get a replacement, which I did that same week. Four months later, no replacement figure, and emails go unanswered. DST sucks butt.

One of my Booster Golds had 2 left arms. This is the reason I always buy a case. You can make the ideal minimate from all the best pieces and use the rest for custom fodder. And if you run into a problem with 2 of the same appendige, you have another handy to swap with. Makes life easier, but more expensive.

I must say it's pretty damn ridicoulous. I think it's more apparent to those that buy in bulk. :P

These issues are why I have at least 3-4 sets of each pack that comes out in case something goes wrong with them.

Remember we also have crotchless Cylons. I have about 5 out of a pool of 40 Modern Cylons.

I haven't experienced any breakage/double arms, but people I've sent stuff too have. It's really pissing me off with the product.

Edited Correction.

Forgot my Cylon eunuch.

Considering I have six figures, two of which have assembly problems, that says a lot.

Anyone have any luck getting a reply from DST's Customer Services? Or did you go through any other channels? Any tricks to try? (a la: "its for my dying grandmother, she only wanted to see a killer robot in a cute two-inch form before she died")

Jo

Think all the people that are having qc problems and spotty customer services need to put it (nicely) to Chuck in the DST q&a section. At least he's aware then that there's a problem.

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but it's always return it to the store or contact customer service.

DST probably has or needs to identify these problems to AA/Factory, but it could be someone isn't getting the message.

Maybe not enough people are contacting customer service? I think for some of us it's such a drag with the busy schedules some of us have. Not to mention the trouble International folks have.

OK so after talking to DST they are sending me replacements, so that's a thumbs up for DST's customer service dept from me as it's a 100% fix rate from my contact with them so far. :)

of course if nothing turns up then I'll be back here ranting again :P

T.

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but it's always return it to the store or contact customer service.

DST probably has or needs to identify these problems to AA/Factory, but it could be someone isn't getting the message.

Maybe not enough people are contacting customer service? I think for some of us it's such a drag with the busy schedules some of us have. Not to mention the trouble International folks have.

Both times I had a problem I contacted DST customer services. The first time was with my Stealth Cylon and its dodgy knee.

No response.

The second time was my Sentry variant with its busted t-piece, I actually got a reply that time but it was along the lines of 'uuuuh we're sold out, can't help, sorry!'

Kind of sucks, no?

OK so after talking to DST they are sending me replacements, so that's a thumbs up for DST's customer service dept from me as it's a 100% fix rate from my contact with them so far. :)

of course if nothing turns up then I'll be back here ranting again :P

T.

Guess all that pimping paid off! :D

Only suffered from three backwards arms, and ironically they've all been the Leader, which partly contributes to my rating of him as worse mat ever along with shoddy paint apps and ugly color scheme.

Both times I had a problem I contacted DST customer services. The first time was with my Stealth Cylon and its dodgy knee.

No response.

The second time was my Sentry variant with its busted t-piece, I actually got a reply that time but it was along the lines of 'uuuuh we're sold out, can't help, sorry!'

Kind of sucks, no?

Totally agree with you it sucks. It's pretty much the same you're SOOL story. Either they have them or they don't. I'm more interested in what is their protocol for improving the QC problems?

Like I said further up the thread. We have an ask DST thread here, and Chuck seems like a pretty stand up guy when he's allowed to give straight answers, ie: Not constrained by licensors. Perhaps one of our more eloquent members could ask the question regarding Customer Service. By eloquent I mean polite and able to express themselves well. Not get all shouty. Otherwise it'll be down to me to ask! :D

Sadly, by the time I get around to opening and displaying my Mates, I'll be SOL :P Right now to my left is a stack of Minimates from BSG to C3 to DC to LOTR to Marvel waiting to be written down, so I reduce the amount of doubles I have. I had planned on asking some of the custom guys what to do with the extras or putting them up for trade. But taking a look at this thread makes me think I need to hold onto these until I open things up :lol: As far as DST's customer service, I've heard things have gotten better for the most part. They are requiring folks to send in the broken figures, but if it's a genuine complaint, I don't see the big deal :unsure:

Having dealt with him before, Chuck is a stand up guy.

So Rad, Is there a particular reason you don't want to ask? :P

Not trying to pick on anyone,but as an example it's repeated outbursts like this that probably upsets me more than if I got one bad minimate. It's about why it gets to this point that bothers me more. I hate when it happens to people. This is why I asked a question way back and it didn't get anywhere but the usual.

Guys,

Whilst I love the improved quality of the paint jobs it would be great if DST could get the people in the factories to put a matching pair of arms on the figures.

I've had at least 2-3 BSG figures with both of the same arms and now my Jean Grey has two right arms also.

Is anyone else getting this is am I just scarily unlucky?

T.

Probably a bit unlucky. My Booster Gold was pretty badly painted around the hairline / visor interface and I just noticed his two left arms when taking him from the pack. Luckily the plastic was malleable enough to still allow elbow movement with a small amount of force.

I bought two sets of this two-pack as I sometimes combine the best looking parts of two of the "same" figures if I really like that character. One for display and one for just mucking around with. QC on the others seems pretty tight though. Certainly better than Streetfighter.

So I have a Blue Beetle who has a slightly better set of goggles than the other but the difference in the two Boosters is pretty large. "Mucking about" Booster wouldn't pass QC, "Sunday Best" Booster is pristine!