UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Displaying Your Minimate - (Keep them Standing)

One of the problems with displaying Minimates in cases and on desks and shelves is that often times they fall.

I was looking at my local stationary store for some clear puddy, but came across this instead.

http://www.gluedots.com/display/router.aspx?DocID=1083

(Removable Glue Dots)

So far, they appear to keep the minimates adhered to a surface pretty good. You can even use this to posed certain Minimates upside down (i.e. the Beast or Nightcrawler).

Also, I'm trying to see if they can be removed nicely without damaging the plastic on the 'mates.

Anyways, I hope this helps.

Hey, those do look neat. As you implied, Mate, one worries about the after effects. Do the dots leave a residue (either on the shelf or the 'mate)? Will they yellow the plastic? I'm very interested to hear any further news.

Rad: Sorry to hear the link doesn't work. I tried to find you a different link, but most of them have different pictures of the product (though I think they are the same). If you do see similar ones online, remember the key is to get the removable ones.

So far, I've tried the dots on clear plastic materials, and it holds the Minimates quite well. You may need to use 2 dots if you are displaying the 'mates upside down. It does leave a real minor residual smear on plastic when you remove it. But that can be easily gotten rid of by running some regular tape over it to clean it off.

Another thing to be careful of is to remove the 'mate from the adhesive by gently pulling on the foot near the base close to where it sticks. Don't try to pull the 'mate from its head, torso or leg because you might damage it.

Cappy: I'll keep testing it on other materials and will let you know. So far no yellowing with any plastic or the glue dot.

I'm not sure, but I think these same type of dots are used by the vendors when they display them at conventions/shows such as SDCC and Toyfair.

PS: The glue dots cost me $1.99 for a pack of 60

I'll have to look into that - keep us posted if you see something over here that works the same Rad, as will I.

Personally speaking, I bought a couple of lots of white Lego pieces from ebay that do the job pretty nicely for my mostly DC C3 set. Until I got some older Marvel stuff, at least.

Jo

• 1 year later...