UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Interesting Minimates Display Box

I ordered two of these and will give a full review when they arrive, but wanted to show them to those possibly interested.

dai-036908.jpg

Go Here: http://www.verycoolthings.com/vct/Neo_getp...mp;itemID=14805

They are reasonably cheap too at only $4.99. Made for Kubrick figures mainly but should do great for minis and they stack. I'll do actual photos when they arrive.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no way of knowing this, but Very Cool Things is located in Seattle; I've been through his strictly-internet-sales office a couple of times. Great guy, very fun office because it's crammed to the ceiling with cool Japanese toys!

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up Shanester. I may have to stop by in person check these out.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up Shanester. I may have to stop by in person check these out.

Hey, if you do, let us know what you think.

I've ordered from him many times. Good service and nice prices, too.

They look very similar to the display stands we had over here late last year, with the added bonus of being encased. Be interested in hearing what you think of them Shane. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this item and will take some photos and such tonight. I asked the seller about buying these by the case and they were receptive. I could then forward you some if interested Ady.

OK, got these over the weekend and they are pretty cool. This is how they come packaged.

case1.jpg

As you can see, they are made in a generic fashion for most any mini or capsule style collectible.

Here is a shot with a 3 inch minimate to give you some scale guidance.

case2.jpg

This image is on the top of the celo packaging and gives good measurements. I added the measurement for the distance from the base of the top row to the inside of the top of the case. It is just barely too small for a 3 inch mini, but is perfect for all other sizes. Of course, the 3 inchers fit on the other two lower rows with ease.

case7.jpg

Now these shots are hard to see very well, but I tried to capture the inside of the case with a 2 inch, 2.5 inch and 3 inch mini. You can see that the 3 incher is touching the inside top with knees slightly bent. A hairpiece or hat would make a fit impossible.

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

They stack fairly well, but I think they could lock together better.

case6.jpg

Let me know if you have any specific questions or want specific shots and I'll do my best.

Haha, what's with C-3PO in the Police helmet? That's just odd...

Sometimes these, or similar ones, pop up for order in Diamond Comics' Previews magazine (available at comic shops). They're often for Japanese "Gatcha" toys and are available in the Collectibles and Novelties section. I have a bunch from a few years back, and they're fairly similar, but maybe 3 inches longer and a one deeper. They were only $9 CDN each as well, (about $7.50 US) which is pretty good for a slightly bigger size.

Always worth keeping an eye out for them if you have a comic shop that takes special orders.

I wouldn't mind knowing approximately how many 2" figs they'd hold either. Come next paycheck, I think I may invest in some of these. One thing I'd change though is I'll probably glue a flat 2xwhatever Lego piece to each step so that the C3 feet can lock in place and keep the figures from toppling over inside the case should I bump them or something.