UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Minimates

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't set anybody's prices. Each retailer decides what kind of profit they need to make on each item. It may be an error, I can look into it on Monday, but if not, and this encourages more people to buy the TRU set, hopefully it translates to sales for the specialty set, as well. We show it in the booklet, and it is 65-75% different.

I saw these last night at my TRU. They were still in the shipping box, which was open, but none of them were taken out. This TRU is the definition of a well oiled machine. . .designed to do everything ineffectively.

My local TRU (Blo/No, IL)had their exclusive Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare set last night. I was just killing time waiting for a pizza and decided to drop in (even though the pizza place was completely on the other side of town but had 25 minutes to kill so took the drive.

I got two sets but they had a full peg of them. May still go back and get another set or two for customizing. Love the baby Groot idea but need to work on a happier face.

with a few part swaps the PvZ make for pretty fun Walking Dead Zombies

photo-75_zps7c480fcd.jpg

just switch the arms and head of football zombie, the legs, hands, and head of construction zombie, and legs, gloves (unless you want a zombie with bright yellow gloves) and head of scientist zombie and you’re done! Now you can turn those some of those boring ‘civilian’ walkers into wacky novelty zombies!

(I didn’t switch scientist zombie with a WD zombie obviously... when I pulled his hair off I liked how his face looked with the coat and tie too much to do that so I just gave him spare human hair and Construction Zombie’s hands and left leg)

Anyone want to play Minimate/Not-a-Minimate with the various plants from PvZ? I'm not sure how I should classify these on MMDB. The cactus, peashooter, and sunflower all have Minimate heads, but that's as Minimatey as they get. (Don't know about Chomper (i.e. Audrey II), haven't found the TRU set yet.) I'm torn because Rocket and Snarf are arguably more Minimatey than the plants but they're currently classified as accessories.

Is articulation the difference? For what it's worth, all those plant heads can move and Snarf is static. If articulation is the deciding factor, it puts the Minimatiness of the Sarcophagus into question. (And maybe it should be...) The Max Sentinel and Galactus are also unarticulated.

Maybe Minimatiness is like obscenity? You know it when you see it.

So I'd like to get some (non-binding) opinions. Are all the plants "Minimates"? Just some? Which ones? Do you like the word "Minimatey" as much as I do? How about "Minimatiness"? Should this be a poll? Do I need something better to do on a Friday night? Mi-ni-may-teeeeeyyy. Yarr!