hellpop

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for the following if anyone has them for trade:

Chief Wiggum, Grandpa Simpson, Lisa, Mr. Burns, Ralph, & Scratchy

I have extras of Homer and Maggie plus anything off of my Minimates trade list if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really surprised they didn't make Moe in the first place... I figure it's probably because they wanted to avoid anything involving alcohol with a (primarily) children's toy, hehe. No offense to let's say, Ralph, but I could have done without him for now. Moe is a much more prominent character in the show. They could have just given him a phone as an accessory instead of some duff... you know for when Bart calls to prank call him...

Anyway...

Need:

Marge

Bart

Krusty

Police Chief Wiggum

Burns

Lisa

Scratchy

Ned

Millhouse

For trade:

Maggie

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get every character I wanted at Five Below with absolutely no duplicates. So I now have the entire Simpsons family (Including Abe), Itchy, Scratchy, Mr. Burns, Flanders, and Krusty.

It'll be interesting to see who makes it into Wave 2 Personal hope: Smithers, Sideshow Bob, Willie, and Barney. Especially Willie.

Kent Brockman, Lionel Hutz (one of my all-time favorites), Radioactive Man, Lenny, Carl, Comic Book Guy, Moe, Mayor Quimby, Principal Skinner, Bumblebee guy, crazy cat woman, and of course, Dr. Nick. Then the guest stars! So many left to go!

*forgot Troy McClure! He should definitely make it*

Edited by karamazov80

• 6 months later...

Why wouldn't Snake be ok? They've made criminals before.

And there's a big difference between giving kids a bad guy to play with than promoting alcohol in a kids toy. I'm not one of "those types" but they're not even remotely the same.

Edited by bigvis497

Moe's Tavern may be a bit much for LEGOs, but it doesn't seem like it would be a huge deal just to sell Moe and Barney as figures. They don't have to come with alcohol, and if kids don't know them from the show, then they would have no idea what they were supposed to represent.

Moe's Tavern may be a bit much for LEGOs, but it doesn't seem like it would be a huge deal just to sell Moe and Barney as figures. They don't have to come with alcohol, and if kids don't know them from the show, then they would have no idea what they were supposed to represent.

I agree. But Lego thinks otherwise.

They can get away with Homer because a.) they have to and b.) he has other character traits. Barney and Moe are defined by alcohol and not much else.

On the Lego boards, fans were complaining that they were promoting bullying by releasing Nelson. Lego fans are.... different.

Edited by bigvis497

Yeah, each of those guys has specific episodes and backstories that refer to other aspects of their life and personalities. Though obviously their association with the Tavern is hard to ignore.

• 5 weeks later...