UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 7

Hi Gang, I'd like to propose something, since the charity isn't 100% nailed down yet. There is a group, that I am somewhat associated with, which was started by former Marines that I served with. It is http://alwaysbrothers.org/ and they are real life heroes, doing what I feel is something pretty superhuman. They run 100 mile distances all at once to raise money for families of deceased military members (which started when one of our brothers was KIA).

They have one coming up that takes place in Seattle on August 10th, which is for "One Mind for Research". Please take a look at the website for all the info you'll need, even if not for this charitymates event. After the ankle and knee surgeries I've had, I am not able to do these runs, or I would be right there with these guys. ' thought since this about superheroes this year, I'd give it a shot and see what you guys think.

your pal, nervous

ps, if you look hard enough, you can see your old buddy in uniform (and about 50 lbs lighter) in one of the older group shots...

100 points to whoever finds it!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charitymates 7: Hero Time! Supporting Sandy Hook Relief

The 7th annual Charitymates customizing event is here! Can y'all believe it has been 7 years already? Astounding. Charitymates is an annual charity event held at the Minimate Multiverse. During this event, Minimate customizers (veteran and novice alike) create and donate a Minimate custom based on a theme chosen by the community. These one-of-a-kind creations are then auctioned off on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to a specific charity (also chosen by the community). This year's theme is: Super Heroes (space or hyphenated, we don't want to get sued. tongue.png) Use one of the many interesting and unique public domain super heroes to honor Sandy Hook, or create something original on your own! Here is a handy list.

The event dates run from NOW, May 1st through June 30th. If at all possible, please have your customs in the mail by July 1st. I would like to have all the auctions live by July 15th, allowing for a little wiggle room in the postal system. I will send everyone my mailing address once I have a list of everyone participating.

Ready? Set? Customize!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

When the time comes to list these, I'll get with you if you'd like to discuss details of how I listed these if you'd like touse the same generic Charitymates account I used. I do believe if it's done right I can do matching again this year, but can't say for certain at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Superhero custom huh? What a thriller ! I wanna be startin' somethin' it's just human nature to keep the faith so leave me alone,keep your head up & don't expect too much too soon but don't stop til you get enough.

This is it..... bad,dangerous,a monster & completely off the wall . Who is it.....remember the time ... the man in the mirror ...smooth criminal ? You are not alone in thinking that this is it .............

post-638-0-01781000-1370262701_thumb.jpg Mike 'Cull' Moonwalker

-benhe'sbadsmate

who is....er..in the closet with Dirty Diana, a Liberian girl .....a pretty young thing,the girl is mine she drives me wild.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my entry, The Warlord of Barsoom, John Carter of Mars

JCMMM01_zpsda374bf4.jpg

Parts List

Hair - 24 Tony Almeida

Head - SFxT Abel

Cape - UM Dracula (heavy cutting and paint)

Torso & Arms - SFxT Abel

Bandolier - Uncharted Nathan Drake (put on backwards with painted highlights)

Waist - Resistance Advanced Hybrid

Legs - SM3 Gwen Stacy

Sword - Asgardian Guard

JCMMM02_zpsb504d7e2.jpg

Here's a little photoshop fun

JohnCarterMinimate_zps9e57f1e0.jpg

Edited by Shogi

Thats some really nice sculpting work, sir!

Buuuut.... licensed character?... sad.png

No sculpting whatsoever (just a lot of cutting on Dracula's cape there)

Also, John Carter is in the public domain list being that he was published before 1923 http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/John_Carter,_Warlord_of_Mars

Buuuut, you may be onto something as I just noticed the first 5 books are public domain, but the major characters are apparently trademarked by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc

Anyone want to make a ruling on if he'll be acceptable or not? If not, I'll jump back to the drawing board smile.png

Edited by Shogi