UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate-sized accessory ideas wanted

I am gearing up for a big production year for Luke's Toy Store. I already have a huge list of dioramas that I want to make, and these are in various stages of development. But I could use some ideas for smaller accessories like weapons, hair, helmets, capes, utensils, etc. If these type of accessories were priced around $2 each, what would you be interested in? I am working on getting a pressure pot, so I will be able to mold and cast just about anything. Hit me with your best ideas. :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the original "women's long hair piece," first used on Ultimate X-Men Storm back in like wave 2, then again on wave 12 Emma Frost? I'd like a version of that, but with more sculpted detail to match current pieces.

And like a hundred other things, I'll have to sort them into a coherent order. This is awesome, Luke, I can't wait to see where this goes!

AWESOME! Here's my ideas...

Weapons:

Psycho Man's Control Box

Ghostbusters Containment unit (Similar to the Matty collector version that came with Walter Peck)

Hair:

Pig tails (like red riding hood but smaller scale)

Bed head hair

Helmets:

Astronaut

Football

Hockey

Winter cap with ball on top

Cat in the hat red and white striped hat

Soda jerk hat

Hard hat

Capes:

Tattered Cape/Battle damage

Trenchcoat & Fedora

Utensil:

Toaster

Blender

Microwave

TV

Globe

Lava Lamp

Light bulb

Cheeseburger

Pizza (in and out of box)

Milkshake/Soda can/ fountain pop drink

Popcorn bucket

Books

bookshelf

Table

chairs

couch

control desk (similar to your doctor doom time machine but larger/longer)

Vehicles:

Fantasticar

Spider-mobile

I also really enjoyed the ice sled and Spidey's web net- I'd love to see more of those accessories but that's probably more than $2 each. I'm thinking of the floating debris Magento heroclix figure or Hulk smashing pavement with pieces flying eveywhere- (using the two slabs that came with the Hulk in the recent Avengers box set as a mold). Cyclop's optic blasts. Jean Gray's Mind Probe effect similar to Spidey's spider-sense piece but on the sides of the head instead of the top. Training Course murals with pipes for Beast. I guess you already did that. Explosion clouds similar to the teleport bases but larger with multiple pegs for figures feet and various chunks of debris.

:lol:

Edited by Jeff

Tombstones, Gargoyles, cemetary fence.

Mailbox, trashcan, dumpster

Street lamp, light.

3-d sound effects. Thinking the effects from the Batman 60's show but as a 3-d object to be posted on a clear stand.

My Walking Dead need more gear designed for the Minimate hand:

- Crowbar

- Hammer

- Power Drill

- Crossbow (wink)

- Sledgehammer

If you want to really let your creativity out, The Dead could use some more guts variations, like the entrails piece we didn't get with Michonne's zombies. Maybe some spilled entrails (like bicycle zombie) or more leg/arm stumps. Human arms with bone stumps, etc

All of that stuff would be generic enough to not infringe on any copyrights, and it would increase the ability for part swapping with the officially released 'mates tremendously.

Edited by youbastards

I was also thinking about pizza, but my thought was more along the lines of individual slices.

Hands holding soda cans/bottles (along the lines of the hand holding a bottle from the Samwise minimate).

Arm cannon (similar to Metroid or Mega Man, maybe?).

Any kind of Green Lantern power (translucent green power effects).

Jester hats.

ipods/ipads or something of that ilk.

nunchucks.

Any kind of Green Lantern power (translucent green power effects).

How about expanding this so it's effects in multiple colours, like say fire, water, electrical and ice effects, as well as perhaps Hadouklen/KameHameHa style energy blasts, again in different colours. Some fire effects could then be given to SFxT's Ken, electrical effect to Kazuya and Heihachi and water effects to a Mera custom I have.

Some more custom bases would be good, especially ones that could allow for fighting game style poses. I also wouldn't mind seeing various kinds of weapons (namely cutlasses and katanas) that I can give to people like Nightcrawler.

What about some different zombie pieces? Things like hair w/exposed skull, stumps, guts, or even some leg & arm pieces with a mm hand attached to plug into a zombie arm to simulate their lunchtime snack.

Also how about some clear throwing effect that say... a shield could plug into...

This one has been bugging me for a while. Weapons that don't look like pea shooters. When the wave 8 figures came out, we got great weapons (thanks Ivan!)

acc0218_lg.jpg

acc0219_lg.jpg

These were wonderful huge guns that were held very well, and matched the Superdeformed style that Minimates started off with at the beginning. Then at some point, the guns became tiny. Or dinky. or whatever. But this is awful

acc0704_lg.jpg

That's not a shotgun and my Flint is ashamed to hold that. I've resorted to using the smallest GI Joe weapons.

Now, I'm not saying remake everything, nor am I saying give us an arsenal. But give me a gun rack Punisher could be proud of.

How about speech balloons? Something similar to what lego did:

LEGO-Minifigure-Speech-Bubbles_zpsc9e94569.jpg

LEGO-Speech-Bubbles-on-Display-e1319385414520_zpsa73fda8e.jpg

But a lot less crappy... :thumbsup:

A kit could come with the standard speech bubble, thought bubble, and a exclamation/scream bubble. Sample text could be printed on it already or flipped to be clear and you could write on your own (or print and glue on your own I guess).

Okay, here's a few:

-Masks with a fin on top. I can think of several characters (Swordsman, Red Guardian, Dr. Light, Adam Strange) with a fin on their head. As I have mediocre sculpting skills, I hate trying to sculpt them myself.

-Fist hands. These would pop right into a Minimate arm peg and give you a different display option. Even better, you could make one with a sculpted power ring.:thumbsup:

-Animal heads. With Battle Beasts on the way, it would be very cool if we could fill out the lineup with some different animals. Maybe a tiger, an elephant, a rabbit... there's really an endless list of possibilities there. Plus, they could be used to make some of the various animals running around the Marvel and DC Universes.

-

Oh boy! That's awesome! This will prove very usefull to me since while i have the scenery all covered up i could use some more props to give life to them.Anyway here we go:

Like the others said lantern constructs in every colour

energy beams like kamehamehas in many colours

food (pizza,burger,chocolate bar),drinks(wine,glasses with water,wine,beer,cola,pepsi)

home stuff(tv,sofas,small and big tables,simple and aristocratic,armchairs,chairs,radios,etc)

Stuff for the walking dead and other civvies(crowbars,axes,bolt cutters,flashlights,bateries,cellphones,ipad,ipod,iphone,blackberry,etc)

new bases(teleporting base with two bamf! bases connected with clear plastic,new flight base for ironman with two uneven sides,etc)

shield throwing effects

speech ballons

words flying off the minimates fists pieces

musical instruments

tardis

screwdriver (normal and sonic)

new coats

bow ties

bullseye throwing card effect witchcan be held by a normal hand

batarang

tendrils

big ray cannons

medieval armour,swords

horses

hats,watches

big screen

time travelling platform

canes

pillars

silent heads and hands

helmets (astronaut,physicist,nuclear scientist,etc)

chalices

thrones (medieval and scifi)

sci fi looking weapons

suspended animation chambers

Phone booth

Everything that could be found in an evil guy's hi tech lair or a super heroe's hq

graves for halloween dioramas

Do some comic book research and find stuff that could be used to decorate an evil lair,a house,a cave,a city,etc...

EDIT: also some diorama bases like a broken street with chunks or rock flying off would be cool.

Edited by Kostisfire

In terms of an energy blast, I'm thinking something like this

699531-thanos_owns_big_g_super.jpg

that combined elements from Cyclops optic blast

acc1198_lg.jpg

with elements of Mr. Fantastic's hand (in the way it can hold another figure) from the upcoming sets.

marvel-minimates-series-48-fantastic-four-2-packs-tray-shots.jpg

So the blast would come from one character's hand(s) and then after about five inches would engulf another characters chest in something like an explosion.