UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Important: i, Robot Minimates

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it's not a classic that's going to be remembered 10 years down the line (like LOTR will be

Problem is, all this negative talk and unsupportiveness is what killed the LoTR line before we could get Ringwraiths or Eowyn.

I loved the movie, I love the idea of more (and different) Minimates.

I have zero interest in the Rocky 'Mates. But, guess what? I'm still buying them, if just to keep the DC & Marvel ones coming. Same with Speed Racer. I don't care about him. Still have him. (Still need Racer X, though...)

I will be buying these.

DSC01221.jpg

Oh, god, please, no. I do not like the "Kubrick egg head" look... please stick with the cylinder we've all grown to love...

Oh, God! He plays Spike???? My favorite Spike??? That stupid junkie Even Stevens kid is going to play my beloved Spike? NOOOOO! (We should really have a crying smiley) Why God? Why?

No, he plays "Sam Witwicky". But I do like the idea of a Minimate of the annoying Mr. LaBeouf. He'd look cool next to Masterpiece Prime, let alone the movie version (once it comes out)!

Speaking of which, has anyone picked up the new (old) Transformers Movie Limited Edition 2-Disc Set?

Yes. It's awesome. Still hate that Prime dies, and HR becomes Rodimus. Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, God! He plays Spike???? My favorite Spike??? That stupid junkie Even Stevens kid is going to play my beloved Spike? NOOOOO! (We should really have a crying smiley) Why God? Why?

No, he plays "Sam Witwicky". But I do like the idea of a Minimate of the annoying Mr. LaBeouf. He'd look cool next to Masterpiece Prime, let alone the movie version (once it comes out)!

Actually I think he IS Sam 'Spike' Witwicky. That's no surprise as his original name was Spike Witwicky and in the movie he's Sam with Spike as his nickname... he may even have been sam in the DW comics they did when Pat Lee was drawing them... I'll have to look it up.

BUT anyway, I will buy these i, robot minimates for the same reason(s) to keep the other lines alive, and to get AA some more o' my money! Bastards.....

Sorry for being the hater here, but I-Robot was decent at best, and only had 3 characters the whole movie.

I've read this entire thread and I don't believe what I am reading!!!

No interest in Rocky? I-Robot is awesome?

Look, I love Minimates as much as the rest, but we could have way better suggestions for MM's.

Here are a few:

Ghost Busters

Kill Bill

Grindhouse

Sin City

Anything DISNEY

Metal Gear

Bionic Commando

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Alien Vs. Prdeator

Terminator

E.T.

Something with major classic appeal!

Think bigger,

WW4M

Sorry about the shameful thread derailment. That was at least partly me.

I'd just like to know what retailer these will be "exclusive" to, or did I read something terribly wrong?

Alpheon, you're back! Anyway, I can't wait for these. I'd love some pics though!