UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

Ouch! My LCS just got in their sets, and are asking $11.99 each! They had also received restocks on the FF & Outback XMen waves which were also $11.99 each, which I'd bought there months ago at $7.99.

Guess I know where I won't be buying any Minimates for awhile! I wanted to support my LCS, but a 50% increase is just ridiculous!

My closest LCS is the same way. I'm not sure who shops there, but they over pay for everything in that shop.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little pissed off at the moment.

Called my TRU up asked about the Iron Man 3 minimates, gave the item # and description, the sales associate checked, said they had them, told her to put the wave on hold for me, double checked with her to make sure it was the correct item. Drove there after class, not only were the 'mates not on hold for me, the store hadn't even got them in yet. Had no idea what the associate thought they were doing, or if they were just getting a kick out of lying, they were already off work when I got there so I couldn't ask what the deal was. The associates that were at the store were really polite and apologized. I'm just kind of stunned, like if they didn't have them its fine, but to lie about having them, holding them for me, all that, was just a really messed up move.

Still nothing at my TRU. Ugh.

My $5 reward coupon expires today so TRU will probably let them start hitting Houston tomorrow.dry.png

When this happens to me, I use it as $5 off a custom-fodder pack! Better to get some repeats for around $3 than waste a $5 reward coupon!

You can probably fake a Thumpper with some IM2 Drone parts.

I also really like the Hammerhead. I love that under water design. Looks like most of these were pulled straight from the Hasbro IM1/2 Concept vault.

I wonder if that's a sign of things to come. Like maybe we will see Hulk's ATV in Avengers 2

hh12up2.jpg