UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Stands and Accessories!

Chronotrigger

My minimates keep falling over. I have a bunch of them in one of my shelves on the Ikea detolf, and everytime I open it the vibrations tend to knock one over.

And sometimes it's a disaster because it's like dominos. One goes and all of them goes. :lol:

How do you guys display yours?

Are there mini stands that are available that will fit them?

Anyone try legos for stands or acessories? I've thought about it but, not sure which pieces if any will fit the original feet or the c3 feet.

Hey CT.

The Lotr Minimates actually came with little 'C3'(cough lego) blocks that are great for those unstable minimates.

I totally know the domino effect the little blighters have if you just have them loose on a shelf, I've heard various methods or keeping em upright including Bluetack, and legostands for the C3 feet.

I actually display mine in cases that keep them all seperated, the cases are actually 1/64 toy car cases turned sideways and wall mounted, it's great way to get 2-300 minimates displayed but not cluttering up the place.

T.

Hey CT.

The Lotr Minimates actually came with little 'C3'(cough lego) blocks that are great for those unstable minimates.

I totally know the domino effect the little blighters have if you just have them loose on a shelf, I've heard various methods or keeping em upright including Bluetack, and legostands for the C3 feet.

I actually display mine in cases that keep them all seperated, the cases are actually 1/64 toy car cases turned sideways and wall mounted, it's great way to get 2-300 minimates displayed but not cluttering up the place.

T.

Nice idea with the car display cases.

I think minimate stands can be a very good side product that art asylum should release.

A simple round base with an X for X-Men or an A for Avengers, with a peg for the c3 feet or an indentation for the old feet would work great.

Welcome Chronotrigger, I use lego, blue tack, and the ML displays... ML Storm's 'tornado of clouds' for example is perfect for any miniStorm. And the 'X' discs from the ML X-Men pack is perfect for X-Men displays. Hope this helps :)

I just stood mine up on a shelf, and hoped they would not fall over. If they did then I would set them up again, and again. I suggest sticky-tacky, that is what I use on some of my other action figures. I would use it on minimates but I take them down and play with them all the time that it is not worth it. Right now we are about to move so they are in a shoebox. Which is very convenient, but I takes forever to find anyone and forget it if they are missing a hand or foot.

I think there is a thread on how other display there mates.

Who would have thought collossus was freaky!

Ultimate is. And nice Iron Lantern there Ady!

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. As for Iron Lantern, is that based on an actual comic event? I know they did the whole Amalgam thing once or twice, but I didn't know if that took place there.

And to ease some high blood pressure, I don't really nail my minimates to pieces of wood. The screw gun works much better.

I use these things, they were designed to hold some little football figures, sadly not available anymore. All the mates are just blu-takked into place. Prior to these stands I used two pack boxes to achieve the same effect.

dscf0063tt7.th.jpgdscf0064fs3.th.jpg

You're da god (wish there was a "god" smiley here :P ) Nice White Phoenix ^_^

I'll post mine too (where's the "post your collection" topic btw? :huh: )

Clickey (I'm lazy lol)

Ady might laugh at my collection :D I put the disc below the Ult.X-Men... they cause a nice effect B)