UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

He looks like he doesn't like his shoes.

Went back to the full name, eh?

Its been bugging me for awhile now, so I decided to go back to my original Garbage Pail Kids roots!

If I were going to make one suggestion, it would be to move the visor down a smidge. IIRC, on the figure it kind wrapped around from ear covers, which would be roughly centered vertically on the head.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see him finished! Any plans for how to tackle Timber?... wink.png

The visor slides, and isn't attatched. Now that you've seen him up close and finished, whatcha think?

looks good, how did you make the visor?

Visor can be found on shapeways, and is perfect fit on the head. no glue needed, but if it were going to be handled a lot, then I'd probably glue it. I kept it this way, because its less of a risk breaking it when i take the head on and off, depending on which gear I want on him.

I'll take a photo of him later, but in the meantime, here is a new one, and an updated one.

First up, one of my favorite comic book characters. The original Golden age Black Terror!

post-21-0-31270600-1398863569_thumb.jpg

Here is an update to my He-Man, he now has a new 3D printed harness, and new sword, shield, and axe that have been scaled to fit minimates hands (previously only scaled for lego hands) I have to finish painting the handles, ran out of time before packing him up to go to C2E2.

post-21-0-84126300-1398863570_thumb.jpg

Back again, with another update. some of you guys have seen him already, but this is my wip Snake Eyes. There's a little more I plan on doing with it, but I'm pretty happy with how he's coming along. Any feedback is much appreciated.

post-21-0-11774100-1399046652_thumb.jpgpost-21-0-49305200-1399046657_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya Gang! thanks for the kind words about my customs, I'm always nervous (no pun intended) about showing stuff.

Ninja Mate, I'd love to be able to get a castle Grayskull like that one day, super cool!

Dino, why do you think I waited so long to whip them out ;-) (Just kidding, of course)

Got some time over the weekend to do some stuff.

first up is Thing. not so much a custom, but more of a "filling in the cracks with a gundam marker" job. I started this probably 6 months ago, and got halfway thru when i just had to stop. It might be the first ever in my custom making career that I hated doing. For the first five minutes it was fun, and I loved what was happening, but it ended up driving me crazy. It wasn't until I could hear the tiny waves of the chesapeake, and felt the nice breeze coming thru the bay window, that gave me the peace of mind to finish it. Very happy with it, but I don't think I'll do it again. Maybe on some small parts, or helmets , or something like that, but not this dude!

Ok, didn't expect to type that much, here it is...

post-21-0-29657000-1401286360_thumb.jpg

Next up, one I have been waiting a long time to do as well. I still plan to add more detail in the face, and legs, but couldn't wait to post the progress. I also have another spiked belt away being chromed, so the one on there is just a placeholder. I had it printed in the grey color as a test. A little grainy, but still does the trick. The other one was printed in the fine detail, and is much smoother. I also have to make some boomerangs for him.

This is the Original Daredevil, Bart Hill most recently being called The Death Defying Devil in some books.

post-21-0-72575500-1401286358_thumb.jpg

as with all the public domain/golden aged superheroes I have been working on, they've let me get back to basic painting and decal work. The next one is the American Crusader (just have to print out his decals)

Thanks for looking, your pal, Nervous Rex

Oh man, you gotta know I love that Daredevil! That is bad ass! Mr. Grimm looks like he should. The pen work must have been mind numbing.

Daredevil looks great. I was just reading Alan Moore's Terra Obscura the other week, which uses a lot of the same characters that Project: Superpowers does, and it made me want some 'mates of those guys.

Thanks for the comments, Gang!

Shane, it was exhausting for me, and I have outstanding patience. Fun was over after a few minutes.

K80, looking back, I should have done that, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Not sure if I'll try it on anything that involved again.

Turtle, I do recommend getting one, it worked so much better than i thought it would. So much better than a fine point sharpie.

hellpop, I may have to borrow that from you................................after i finish the last one I checked out of your "library" unsure.png Those old characters and outlandishly wondul and colorful costumes are why I love them so much. For me, its what I love about superheroes, which iswhy I may never fully embrace guys like Luke cage, in jeans and a tank top. I hate goatees on superheroes as well, and in Gi Joe movies (Tatum, you ain't no Duke!)

I'm totally with you on that last sentiment, Nerv. I read the Tom Strong comics those characters appeared in prior to Terra Obscura, and it was a fun read, as was all of Moore's run on that comic.

• 2 months later...

Hey Gang, I figured since I have been changing this custom a bit, I'd post some WIP before pics. Some of you guys have seen this one up close in Chicago.And recently posted these on my instagram and flickr.

I had picked up a few prints at a local show of Buzz and Woody in more real life, grimy, grizzled looks, and thought they looked really cool this way. I am just waiting on a few things to be able to finish Woody, but he's mostly snapped together at this point.Along with some decals,and cleaned up paintjob, I have been experimenting with different techniques to make a dome for Buzz.

enough yapping from me....

To infinity, and beyond!!!

post-21-0-15195800-1408105101_thumb.jpgpost-21-0-52520600-1408105110_thumb.jpg