UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The MMMV Wallpapers Contest!!!

Lurch77

The MMMV Wallpapers Contest!!!

bgalwall2s.jpg

Minimate Multiverse Brings you the Wallpaper Design Contest!!

We all hang around our computers for hours at a time and what better way to dress up your desktop with your very own Minimate Multiverse Wallpaper!

Rules:

1.) Each wallpaper entry must visibly contain the Minimate Multiverse name and/or logo. This can include “Minimate Multiverse”, “MMMV”, and the Cubed Planet. It is also not limited to the color scheme.

2.) Your creation can be in any style: drawn art, comic covers, pictures, scans/edits of box art, posters, comic strips, anything goes.

3.) Your wallpaper entry must be minimate related. However you are not required and/or limited to having minimate pictures/drawings. You can use anything you want.

4.) A member can submit up to 5 wallpaper entries. If you are going to submit more than one wallpaper entry, please submit them all together in one post in this thread. No changes once your entries have been posted.

5.) Being as these are wallpapers and expect large pics, we would appreciate thumbnail/links if possible.

6.) Your wallpaper must meet the minimum required size of 800 x 600.

Here are blank wallpaper image samples you may use to work on.
Standard (800x600) Standard (1024x768) Widescreen (1280x800)

The font used in the logo is Bauhaus 93, if you need the cubeworld logo click here.

7.) By submitting entries to this contest you are giving MMMV permission to add these to the “Official Minimate Multiverse Wallpaper Thread!”. Proper credit recognition will be given to all the creators of each wallpaper.

===========================================
Dates:

Entries will be accepted from the start of this post and up until December 11th 12:00 AM PST.
Voting First Round: Starts 12/11/2006 – Ends 12/16/2006
Voting Second Round: Starts 12/17/2006 – Ends 12/23/2006

Voting:

There will be two voting rounds.

In the first round a secret panel of judges will vote and pick the best wallpaper from each members’ submitted entries. This in turn will make up the final voting gallery of wallpapers.

In the second round, all members will vote for who they consider made the three best Minimate Multiverse wallpapers from the final voting gallery. In this round, the PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order the member names of those who you feel submitted the top three best designs from the final voting gallery.

1.) Best Wallpaper Design
2.) Second Best Wallpaper Design
3.) Third Best Wallpaper Design

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts

During this round, please send all PM Ballots to Amazing.JL

Prizes: Oh yes the goodness. :)

1.) For our first prize selection we have a full set of the Astonishing X-Men Series 13!
Yes, some new mates!

This includes the following two packs:
Cyclops/Emma Frost - Kitty Pryde/Beast
Colossus/Wolverine - Chase:Colossus/DOFP Wolverine.

series13completepu9.th.jpg

2.) For our second prize selection we have a full set of the New Avengers Series 12!
Yep they just fell off the truck and they are here!

Captain America/Nick Fury – Ronin/Riot-Attack Spider-Man
Luke Cage/Semtry – Chase: Luke Cage/Raft Sentry

nafullbs1.th.jpg

3.) For our third selection we have an Astonishing X-Men TRU 4-pack along with a Series 13 2-pack.

TRU 4-Pack includes: Cyclops - Emma Frost – Colossus - Wolverine
Series 13 2-pack contains: Kitty Pride/Beast

axmmassfrontyl8.th.jpgkittybeastps4.th.jpg

4.) For our fourth selection we have a Target Giant-Sized X-Men bundle
Yep this includes the elusive Blue suit Professor X and stiff hip Nightcrawler! :P

Dark Phoenix/Professor X - Wolverine/Iceman - Cyclops/Storm - Nightcrawler/Colossus

gsxmcompletenf4.th.jpg

The contest winners will have their choice from the available prizes. Once a prize/slot has been selected, it will not be available from the next winner.

1st Place: Will have the first choice from the available prizes.
2nd Prize: Will have the second choice from the available prizes.
3rd Prize: Will have the third choice from the available prizes.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Contest Prizes are brought to you courtesy of our sponsors:

MMMVresized2.gif Brainstormresized.gif

Good Luck to All!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I was just wondering if there would be another contest announced now that the Sci-Fi one has wrapped up. Didn't expect it within hours of the last contest, though...

Yeah we're pulling out all of the stops to round out the year.

Going forwards though they wont be as frequent, we aren't millionaires, and contests should be a cool surprise not an expectation.

Last thing I want is more expectations like the way that the Bombermate V.2 thread seemed to be heading.

That said enjoy the contest, and there will eb more in the future, just not this frequent. :P

logo45ur.gif

Right click and save as, you should just be able to cut it out.

Donny B might have a better version of it, Donny?

Sorry Ady... somehow the original file I had been using got corrupted.

I will get to work on remaking that tonight, and post something of really high quality on here for everyone to use.

I have a couple questions.

Does it have to be a new work? For example I posted this and this a while ago. Could they still be submitted (after being modified with proper logos, of course) for this contest?

7.) By submitting entries to this contest you are giving MMMV permission to add these to the “Official Minimate Multiverse Wallpaper Thread!â€. Proper credit recognition will be given to all the creators of each wallpaper.

Just seeking a clarification on this bit. Entrants are not transfering any ownership rights or copyrights of the images to MMMV by entering, correct? They are just implicitly allowing their work to be linked in a centralized 'gallery' of similar works. All rights are retained by the creator/entrant. Right?

I'm pretty sure this is the case given the "Do No Evil" approach of MMMV. :) I just wanted to be certain. (I think I've been beaten over the head with the "Trust, but verify" stick a few too many times.)

EDIT:

Removed 'this' links to old images in order to prevent any potential confusion. :)

I have a couple questions.

Does it have to be a new work? For example I posted this and this a while ago. Could they still be submitted (after being modified with proper logos, of course) for this contest?

Yes it can be old work. I do suggest that anyone trying to use some other board members work is a no no.

We know you created those great pics and therefore only you should be able to use them. I suggest everyone be creative and design your own stuff.

7.) By submitting entries to this contest you are giving MMMV permission to add these to the “Official Minimate Multiverse Wallpaper Thread!â€. Proper credit recognition will be given to all the creators of each wallpaper.

Just seeking a clarification on this bit. Entrants are not transfering any ownership rights or copyrights of the images to MMMV by entering, correct? They are just implicitly allowing their work to be linked in a centralized 'gallery' of similar works. All rights are retained by the creator/entrant. Right?

I'm pretty sure this is the case given the "Do No Evil" approach of MMMV. :) I just wanted to be certain. (I think I've been beaten over the head with the "Trust, but verify" stick a few too many times.)

"The others" will get back to you on an official ruling on this one. Essentially yes it's just linking the work to a centralized 'gallery' of similar works.

By submitting the images into this contest you are granting MMMV the permission to use, in their original state, the images you submit, for the purpose of a centralized gallery of MMMV related wallpapers.

Ownership rights and copyrights stay with the original poster(s), the images will never be used for profit purposes or reproduced elsewhere or in any other medium without the express consent of the original poster(s)

Should the opportunity arise in the future for the images to be used for other purposes MMMV will seek permission for the original submitter.

/lawyer mode off

here it is...

CLICK ON ME! B)

I'm sorry that it took me so long to get that put together. I had some stuff to take care of before I could get to recreating this sucker.

It's in jpeg format, but given its size, you should be able to cut it out and shrink it down and still have it look right (it always seems to work for me, anyway).

If you want it in another format (I have it saved on my comp in a layered format, which of course would eliminate having to cut it out... but I can't for the life of me figure out how to host a layered image. Im such a noob), PM me and I'll see what I can do :D

Also, here is a decently large image of the official Minimates logo, if you're wanting to use it as well :)

From this point forward, please ONLY submitt your entries. It's already starting to get confusing.

You will only give the person later on more work having to needle through links.

I recommend you post any non-entry pics in your own thread in the customs forum.

Edited