UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 6

Punisher

EDIT: For newly arriving people, please see the details at Charitymates.com

So, is it "that time" to start planning Charitymates 6? It seems i like starting the thread :lol:

I know it's a month earlier than last year's, but last year's went on for almost 6 months, so why not get the ball rolling early?

Let the discussion commence! Or just shut me up for a month or so. :P

Edited by luke314pi

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great list MMF.

Kick Butts for example would be freakin great (our own super-heroes maybe?), but I wouldn't really consider it a charity, AND I wouldn't want to offend any members here who do smoke.

Last year it took 3 months until the first auctions started, so maybe let's shoot for a charity spotlighted in May if we wanted to do it that way?

Edited by Punisher

Charitymates! I'm really looking forward to this.

(For the newer members: check out charitymates.com and last year's event.)

Kick Butts for example would be freakin great (our own super-heroes maybe?), but I wouldn't really consider it a charity, AND I wouldn't want to offend any members here who do smoke.

While I do agree with your concerns about chosing Kick Butts, I do like the idea of customizing our own super-heroes as a theme. The whole backstory thing and stuff turned out very well last year, didn't it?

I agree that it might be a little early to start this year's project, especially since it seems to consume the boards for the half the year, but I suppose it is for a good cause! As for the specific charity, I'm all for cancer research but they already raise millions of dollars a year and I'd rather see our small but well-meaning donation go to a charity that is a little more in need of the money. What about Doctors Without Borders? Or for a more direct impact: Gifts of Hope?

Here's a thought. What about constalations or figures from the zodiac?

Expanding on that idea, what about mythological characters? Roman, Norse, Greek, Hindu, Chinese - the list goes on and on - a plethora of creatures and characters to choose from!

Charitymates 6: Past Gods for a Better Future!

Edited by Fujis

I agree that it might be a little early to start this year's project, especially since it seems to consume the boards for the half the year, but I suppose it is for a good cause! As for the specific charity, I'm all for cancer research but they already raise millions of dollars a year and I'd rather see our small but well-meaning donation go to a charity that is a little more in need of the money. What about Doctors Without Borders? Or for a more direct impact: Gifts of Hope?

Here's a thought. What about constalations or figures from the zodiac?

Expanding on that idea, what about mythological characters? Roman, Norse, Greek, Hindu, Chinese - the list goes on and on - a plethora of creatures and characters to choose from!

Charitymates 6: Past Gods for a Better Future!

if it is this, then I am in 100%

I am totally on for this project, so long as someone picks the Greek God Uranus. I'd just love to hear the updates on how their work is progressing*

'Today is the day I finally started working on Uranus.'

'I've been looking at Uranus so long now, all I see when I close my eyes at night is Uranus all night long'

'Today I gave those final touches to Uranus and finished my work with it.'

'I can't believe no one wants to buy Uranus.'

*Yes, I have the maturity level of a 6th grader.

I am totally on for this project, so long as someone picks the Greek God Uranus. I'd just love to hear the updates on how their work is progressing*

'Today is the day I finally started working on Uranus.'

'I've been looking at Uranus so long now, all I see when I close my eyes at night is Uranus all night long'

'Today I gave those final touches to Uranus and finished my work with it.'

'I can't believe no one wants to buy Uranus.'

*Yes, I have the maturity level of a 6th grader.

I was working on Uranus with a Dremel, and my hand slipped and put a giant gash across it. Fortunately I was able to fix the hole by packing it with some putty and sanding it down.

Aaand we'll close the book on that right now.