5 replies to this topic

#1 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Okay, so we had a bad lightning strike a few feet from the house the other day, and it knocked out the wireless router (but not the modem. Weird.) and the Ethernet ports on my dad's computer and my 360. Now I'm having Netflix withdrawls. I called Microsoft, and they said it'll be $100 to fix. That ain't happening. I read online that a wireless network adapter bypasses the Ethernet port, and may fix the problem. But $65 is quite a lot for "might". So I was looking and found a cheaper one.

http://www.sigant.ne...N82E16874177037

Will this work?
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#2 Webhead

Webhead

These arms, like two snakes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

yeah I mentioned this in that other thread the wireless adapter works great. Now I don't have a busted up ethernet adapter but the wireless adapter should bypass that. I have the microsoft one I bought for 60 used at gamestop a couple yrs ago. I don't see why that brand wouldn't work. Good luck.

#3 ImABarRoomHero

ImABarRoomHero

Mini-Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

When in doubt research reviews. This one seems to be getting 4 out of 5. Don't expect it to get crazy good results, but it seems that it will get the job done just fine.
Yeah, well. That's just like your opinion...man.

My Most Wanted Mates

Posted Image

#4 Webhead

Webhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

any update here? I'm curious as to what you did?

#5 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Wireless adapter solved the problem. Now though, instead of my 360 being broke, I'm broke. :confused:
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#6 Webhead

Webhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

that's good to know. 2 yrs ago my hotel got hit by lightning and it fried the ethernet port. luckily because i travel with mine I did the 2 yr warranty with best buy and got a whole new unit and ended up with a larger HD. But I use the wireless adapter now so looks like i'm good to go if that ever happens again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users