UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BEST CUSTOMS of 2011

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just echoing everyone else's sentiments here, but: Great show Bob :thumbsup:

And congrats to all the winners - i was very VERY glad to see so many talented people get nominated this year.

Thanks a lot, folks! Really glad you enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun doing the presentation and it was really, really exciting receiving all the votes and seeing how the top three spots changed a lot during that.

Interesting that Spiral won the Marvel category but didn't place in the overall ranking, whereas two other nominees from the Marvel category did. It's like in the Grammys, how they have individual awards for each genre of music, and then the award for Album of the Year. I mean, the rock album nominated for Album of the Year must be the Rock Album of the Year, right? I guess not.

Yeah, at first I felt the same. I was actually thinking of another way to do it. As it is, I just counted the votes a custom received for Best Custom of the Year and what you see are those results. I was also thinking about adding these votes to the ones a custom already got. That way the category winners would have a bigger advantage and the CotY votes would have had such a big inpact on the result. So I went with CotY votes only. Especially since getting nominated in this category by the people voting and not the creators themselves ment to clear a first hurdle. 15 different customs received at least 1 vote for Best Custom of the Year, 4 of them weren't even in a top3.

And for Customizer of the Year, the only category you couldn't vote for directly, I just added up all votes a customizer received. The percentage you see displayed here's at the rate of all in all votes.