UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BEST CUSTOMS of 2011

The nominations for Best Custom of 2011 are done - now it's time to vote!

I started a new thread for this to get the rules and the gallery up front and in full right on the first page - as TM2 pointed out in a different thread. ;)

A thumbnail gallery for each of the eleven categories has been posted below (it's too pic heavy to place in a single post, so I split it up in what I called "themes" and "customizing skills"). Each thumb will link to a larger picture or the original post to help you review and see all the details.

===============================================================

Rules:

You will submit your top 3 choices per category in descending order. The standard 3 points, 2 points & 1 point award system will be used as it has in past contests.

Voting is open to all members of the Multiverse forum, even those nominated, but as a customizer you are not allowed to vote for your own customs! I will simply ignore those votes.

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Send your top 3 picks for each category & top 3 for Custom of the Year in the format below:

Themes:

• Best Marvel Comics Custom
  • Best DC Comics Custom
  • Best other Comics Custom
  • Best movies/TV/cartoon Custom
  • Best videogame Custom
  • Best misc Custom
  • Best box set / series of 4+ customs

Customizing skills:

• Best quickcustom
  • Best decal design
  • Best paintjob
  • Best sculpting

• Best Custom Of The Year

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE CUSTOM OF THE YEAR!

You can also vote for the overall Custom of the Year. Just review all of the nominations below and pick your top 3 choices of which you think are the most outstanding.

During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Bob Harris.

Dates:

Voting begins now and ends Feburary 12th at 11:59 PM CST.

Winners will be announced later (that means later in February maybe early March, not months later...) in some sort of an "Best Customs Award Show".

Please post any questions in this thread. For complaints contact Ron Swanson.

Thank you very much, have fun and good luck to all of the participants!

Best Marvel Comics Custom

Marvel-Blackcat.jpg Marvel-BlackKnight.jpg Marvel-Cyclops.jpg Marvel-DrDoom.jpg Marvel-Ghostrider.jpg Marvel-GrimReaper.jpg

Marvel-Havok.jpg Marvel-Kang.jpg Marvel-MachineMan.jpg Marvel-Morph.jpg Marvel-RedHulk.jpg Marvel-RedSheHulk.jpg

Marvel-Rogers.jpg Marvel-Rogers2.jpg Marvel-Sauron.jpg Marvel-Scarlett.jpg Marvel-Spiral.jpg Marvel-TigerShark.jpg

Marvel-Venom.jpg Marvel-Yondu.jpg

Best DC Comics Custom

DC-Aqualad.jpg DC-BlueBeetle.jpg DC-Catman.jpg DC-Hawkman.jpg DC-KillerMoth.jpg DC-Larfleeze.jpg

DC-Metamorpho.jpg DC-Nightrunner.jpg DC-PowerGirl.jpg DC-Grundy.jpg DC-Superboy.jpg DC-TwoFace.jpg

Best Other Comics Custom

Other-AxeCop.jpg Other-Dream.jpg Other-IronLantern.jpg Other-Preacher.jpg Other-Miracleman.jpg Other-Flowers.jpg

Other-Grimes.jpg OtherRogueTrooper.jpg Other-Spaceghost.jpg Other-Spawn.jpg

Best Movie/TV-Series/Cartoon Custom

Movie-BlueFalcon.jpg Movie-Charley.jpg Movie-Philly.jpg Movie-Frankenstein.jpg Movie-HanSolo.jpg Movie-HanSolo2.jpg

Movie-Jack.jpg Movie-Heimdall.jpg Movie-Johnny.jpg Movie-Sparrow.jpg Movie-Sulu.jpg Movie-Tygra.jpg

Best Videogame Custom

Video-CadBane.jpg Video-IronCross.jpg Video-MegaMan.jpg Video-Scorpion.jpg Video-SolidSnake.jpg DC-TwoFace.jpg

Video-Vincent.jpg Video-ZombieChef.jpg Video-Zsasz.jpg

Best Misc Custom

Misc-Blackbird.jpg Misc-Crusader.jpg Misc-Diablo.jpg Misc-Cash.jpg Misc-Hitomi.jpg Misc-HowardStern.jpg

Misc-Irwin.jpg Misc-Lukas.jpg Misc-MrMay.jpg Misc-Santa.jpg Misc-Scream.jpg Misc-Austin.jpg

Best Box Set

Box-Arkham.jpg Box-Conan.jpg Box-Crayon.jpg Box-DeadAlive.jpg Box-Joes.jpg Box-GOTG.jpg

Box-Minutemen.jpg Box-Models.jpg Box-Preacher.jpg Box-Revengers.jpg Box-StarWars.jpg Box-T2.jpg

Box-TMNT.jpg Box-XFactor.jpg Box-XMen.jpg Box-YoungAvengers.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gonna be impossible. There's like at least five in every category that I wanna vote for, and that's not even counting my own! Good work, everybody. My one quibble, Bob, is that it's somewhat hard to judge decal designs vs. pictures of finished Minimates. Do you want those of us that sent you designs to send you photos of the completed custom? Oh, and for the Best Custom of the Year, we're still voting for our top three, right?

The first votes are in! :thumbsup:

My one quibble, Bob, is that it's somewhat hard to judge decal designs vs. pictures of finished Minimates. Do you want those of us that sent you designs to send you photos of the completed custom?

I knew the decal category would make some trouble. Who wanted to add it to the list? :rolleyes: :tongue:

I know that it's tough to judge decal design vs. finished custom, but since it's decals only, some - as far as I know - did only design a decal and didn't actually apply it onto a custom. So I can't ask for a pic of the completed custom. It isn't easy, but if you look at it, try to only judge the actual design. :unsure:

Oh, and for the Best Custom of the Year, we're still voting for our top three, right?

Yes! I wasn't clear on that one. Thanks!

Voted as well. Interestingly enough, I ended up not voting for my top overall custom in the category for which it was submitted. So if there's some kind of wonky discrepancy when we get the results, you'll all know whom to blame. :whistling:

Marvel was definitely the hardest category (which is no surprise, I suppose, since it has the most nominees). There were some customs I love that had to go unrecognized; I could've easily submitted a ballot with three different choices and been quite happy about it.

I think next year we might have to add a "best vehicles/playsets category, since so many of us are moving in that direction. Might inspire me to get going on that Blackhawk plane I keep talking about. :thumbsup:

Edited by hellpop

Hey Bob, my Kodiak custom is missing from ther Best Scuplting categtory. I'm sure I nominated him for that category.

I was really affraid something like that would happen. Sorry, man! I included him. There were two Uliks nominated, one of them should've been Kodiak. I used the whole html-blablabla from Ulik as a placeholder. Sorry. :confused:

Got my votes in. That was really tough. Great work everyone!

For complaints contact Ron Swanson.

Now that would be an awesome custom!

Feel free to check him out.

Question: are your top three "best" choices assigned a point value in the order you list them (e.g., first is three points; second, two; third, one), or are they each just worth one point?

As it says in the rules: "You will submit your top 3 choices per category in descending order. The standard 3 points, 2 points & 1 point award system will be used as it has in past contests." Your first gets 3, your second 2 and your third choice gets 1 point.

Bob - i keep getting an error message when i try to send my vote. Can you confirm that you received it?

I don't know why you receive that message, I received both of your PMs. :thumbsup:

I think next year we might have to add a "best vehicles/playsets category, since so many of us are moving in that direction. Might inspire me to get going on that Blackhawk plane I keep talking about.

I already thought about adding it when the nominations came in. But since there were "only" three for now, We'll wait until next year.

Edited by Bob Harris

They were all hard to vote for, but Best Paint Job had me agonising over who would take the 3rd place.

I really was torn between 3 very different, but equally great customs.

Edited by Nessex

Thanks for all your votes so far! It's very, very exciting! Especially Best Marvel, Best videogame and all four of the "Skills" categories are incredibly close!

And right now there seems to be an odds-on favorite for best custom of the year already, but the second and third places are highly competitive!

Let me quick remind everybody who hasn't voted yet:

• You are allowed to vote for your top 3 choices in each categroy (including Best Custom of the year!)!

(Boyd, you were right! I didn't think of all the votes I'll have to tally!)

Thanks for participating everybody and keep your votes coming!