UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2011 is now live!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Secret Santa gift today. It's perfect, because I've been wanting some recommendations for required comic reading from some of the pros on the board. And my Santa was the man for the job – Mystery Man! He got me the Fantastic Four 1234 and Avengers Assault on Olympus trades. As bats#!t as he is, I love me some Morrison, so I'm looking forward to that, and the other one looks like it's some 80's Avengers goodness. Matt also got me the Halo box set 3 to round off the package with some Minimate love. :)

Thanks a ton, Matt!

By Friday or Saturday a moajority of gifts should have been received and i will post a list of who has received and hwo has guessed correctly. If no one can figure out their Santa from any clues and seeing who's on the list that could possibly be there, I'll reveal everything on New Years Day. If it's like last year, by that point most people will have been able to figure it out.

My secret santa package arrived today! What a heck of a haul, I gotta hand it to my Santa, they outdid themselves! Here is what I got:

Spidey/Goblin Pack, Spidey/Ironfist 2 pack and Spider-man 6&7 comics

th_IMG_0701.jpg

An awesome Spidey case/manpurse kind of thing:

th_IMG_0702.jpg

Cool Frankenmate

th_IMG_0703-1.jpg

Swat Team Spidey

th_IMG_0704-1.jpg

Sexy Mary-Jane in partial Spidey costume

th_IMG_0706.jpg

Needless to say Swat Team Spidey took advantage of that:

th_IMG_0708.jpg

And the best of all..a rare and limited and coveted Silver Spider-Man!!?!!!!!!

th_IMG_0709.jpg

It's funny, I thought DST would be a little more careful with the markings. It looks like they were put on with sharpie. Aw well.

Wait a second:

th_IMG_0710-1.jpg

Cheers to another awesome Secret Santa! I hope mine is as happy as I am!

I'm going to take a guess and say mine was vbpanizzi!

I arrived home from a crappy day at work to find my Secret Santa package waiting for me, and I have to say that my Santa truly has no idea how much this means to me. :)

WeirdAljpg.jpg

WeirdAl2jpg.jpg

'Weird Al' has a very special place in my childhood memories, and UHF is one of my all time favorite movies to this day, it is the only time I have ever seen two showings of a movie back-to-back.

In addition to these amazing 'Weird Al' Yankovic customs, I got some additional face decals so I can make my own customs, and I received 2 of the 'infamous' Nut Goodie candies!

Thanks Luke, this was an amazing gift, and thank you for taking the time to make these for me.

Although, I think I might be in the dog-house with my wife, it might have to do with the fact that I proclaimed this as the greatest gift I've ever gotten!

Not only do you have the best gift you ever got, you also got the most ironic Secret Santa gift ever I think. I can't remember any other time where the recipient sent parts to their Santa to make their gift. I've been laughin about that since you volunteered to help Luke. :lol:

Yeah, I was laughing about that too! Hey Luke, anytime I can send you spare parts and get amazing customs back in return, let me know! =)

I arrived home from a crappy day at work to find my Secret Santa package waiting for me, and I have to say that my Santa truly has no idea how much this means to me. :)

'Weird Al' has a very special place in my childhood memories, and UHF is one of my all time favorite movies to this day, it is the only time I have ever seen two showings of a movie back-to-back.

In addition to these amazing 'Weird Al' Yankovic customs, I got some additional face decals so I can make my own customs, and I received 2 of the 'infamous' Nut Goodie candies!

Thanks Luke, this was an amazing gift, and thank you for taking the time to make these for me.

Although, I think I might be in the dog-house with my wife, it might have to do with the fact that I proclaimed this as the greatest gift I've ever gotten!

I am so glad to hear you like them! You had Marvel customs on your list, but I poked around your old posts, and I thought these might be more special. :)

I got my gift last Saturday. I've been holding off to post about the awesomeness of my present until I could take pics, but alas it's not meant to be. At least not until after the holidays. Immediately upon seeing the return address, I knew it was from Punisher.

In the package -- all wrapped in candy-striped wrapping paper (Yay!) -- was a hand-drawn/written note, two 2-packs (Civilian Thor/AsGuard, Magik/Warlock), a Lego collectible minifigure (unopened) & someone special to help make my Christmas even more special.....

Grinch-Buster Iron Man!!!

I've asked Punisher to post his pics of his custom creation in my place tho, so y'all can see how cool he is!

Thanks so much, Punisher!!

Happy holidays, everyone!! :)

EDITed to add photos:

6614037217_6506984b50.jpg

6614037485_e80d1ef45c.jpg

Edited by homestar17

It looks as if most everything has been delivered with only a couple not accounted for. Here's a list of all who have received gifts and who they've been able to figure out was their Santa:

MsMarvel fan-Ninja Mate

Ninja Mate-???

Mattallica-eclipse

boyd-minijeff

blacksun1520-???

DaveOMac-???

eclipse-Mattallica

Jay Tigran-???

undeadpool-MsMarvel fan

Bob Harris-Nessex

TM2 Dinobot-jcastick

luke314pi-Bob Harris

Punisher-undeadpool

Mystery Man-Loberstman

minijeff-TM2 Dinobot

vbpanizzi-boyd

Lobsterman-Mystery Man

TheSpiderX-vbpanizzi

youbastards-luke314pi

homestar17-Punisher

jcastick-???

Nessex-youbastards

Hopefully this can help narrow things down a little for those of you who don't know yet.

Edited by groundhog7s

I was able to open my SS gift today, it arrived on Christmas Eve but I wasn't home to enjoy it then. My gift was wrapped as candy-cane man, and contained the heralds of galactus set and Dante from MvC3!!! Pics of Candy-cane man to follow.

Thanks Secret Santa, who hence forth shall be known as Ninja Mate!!! (the recent list of names was super helpful, as was using the DC package code to deduce your location!) :D