Photo

youbastards' 1/6th collection - HULK SMASH!

Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker G.I.Joe Snake Eyes Custom 1/6

149 replies to this topic

#21 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I love 1/6 scale dioramas, and I plan to add some to my collection at some point. This one looks great with Indy!

#22 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,076 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Nice. All along I thought that looked more like an Indy diorama than a Joe one.

#23 Hawkeye's Junk

Hawkeye's Junk

Don't Fake the Funk on Hawkeyesjunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

I like the dioramas just seem expensive though. I want the Cobra throne.

#24 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

The throne is definitely the best Joe environment to date, but the ninja temple may trump that. I would like to see dioramas based on some of the classic vehicles, like a damaged MOBAT or part of the Terror Drome.

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

#25 Hawkeye's Junk

Hawkeye's Junk

Don't Fake the Funk on Hawkeyesjunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

The throne is definitely the best Joe environment to date, but the ninja temple may trump that. I would like to see dioramas based on some of the classic vehicles, like a damaged MOBAT or part of the Terror Drome.

That would be awesome. Tomax & Xamot with Terror Drome Enviroment.

#26 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

My Hot Toys Captain America arrived today, and unfortunately, there are quite a few QC issues with the belt/holster, so I need to contact Sideshow about a replacement. :verymad:

Other than the defects, I love this figure!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

#27 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

That sucks about the defects. :(

#29 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm sure Sideshow will make it good, it is just frustrating. I had to contact them about GI Joe Hawk and Viper too. Hawk's exclusive head was missing the inner ring to allow it to attach to the neck. The Viper's Magpul rifle broke right out of the box.

#30 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,076 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

I have the exact same problem. I had another problem with the gun holster, but didn't bother trying to get a replacement. Just a cheaply made belt.

#31 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Another addition to the collection today, IG-88! The Star Wars bounty hunters are infamous for having some of the shortest screen time in the original trilogy, but are classic designs. I stopped collecting the Sideshow Star Wars stuff a few years ago, and sold all of my collection off, but always knew the bounty hunters would have to be in my collection if they were ever released. IG-88 was the first, Boba Fett is sometime in April/May, and Bossk will be announced soon. No word on Dengar, Zuckuss, or 4-LOM.
Quick trivia, back when Kenner originally released the figures, they mislabeled 4-LOM (droid) and Zuckuss (alien).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by youbastards, 30 January 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#32 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

Awesome! I stopped collecting Star Wars stuff 10 years ago, but I almost pulled the trigger on this one and Fett.

#33 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

How's the articulation on him? Better or as good as the Vintage line?
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#34 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Defintely better than the Hasbro one, check out this video Sideshow posted, around the 45 second mark.

I am having a problem with the left arm elbow not 'clicking' into place the way the right arm does, so he can't hold the rifle straight out. Seriously, this may be the 4th product in a row I need to contact Sideshow about for a replacement.... <_<

#35 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,076 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yeah. I don't think I ever contacted Sideshow about a replacement until the Spidey Comiquette. Now it seems like every other item I get requires an e-mail. And it doesn't matter if it's HT or Sideshow. I need to send one about Terminator shortly. I got Classic Pred and DX Sparrow from BBTS yesterday, and thankfully, no noticeable issues.

#36 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Part of me feels bad contacting them for replacements, but then I remind myself that Sideshow/Hot Toys have priced themselves into this situation.

When these things were in the $50-$75 price range, it was easier to overlook some of the smaller defects, but with the current prices I feel like the smallest defect is worth a replacement. :sad:

#37 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,076 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Exactly my POV. If I'm shelling out $200, $300, $400 for a toy or statue, I'm not inclined to accept broken joints, wonky paint jobs, ripped rubber, etc.

#38 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've started working on my first custom 1/6 figure, and I am having a blast so far. This will be a combination of existing 1/6 parts, iron-on transfers, and some sewing.

Here's a sneak preview! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#39 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Awesome! Looks good so far. :)

#40 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

"You and I remember Budapest VERY differently"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Nice choice of body too, imagine it will turn out great.

Are you gonna go straight classic or make it "fit" the rest of Hot Toys' Marvelites?

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users