Queen Anne's Revenge vs Black Pearl

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lurch77

Lurch77

~groovin~

• 1,846 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Does anyone have both Lego sets? Which one is better? I'm trying to decide which one to get for my kids for Chistmas. The Queen Anne's Revenge looks so much better to me but the Black Pearl has better minifigs (we have most all the ones that are in Queen Anne's).

*edit* my kids seem to like the Black Pearl better just because of the minifigs; but I'm trying to point out the skulls and the stained glass on the Queen Anne's

#2 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,502 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

If you're going to use them for Calico Jack anyways, I'd get the bigger/better ship.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#3 DarkRedShadow

DarkRedShadow

I've posted about 1000 times here; Regret 900 of those posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

<br />Does anyone have both Lego sets? Which one is better? I'm trying to decide which one to get for my kids for Chistmas. The Queen Anne's Revenge looks so much better to me but the Black Pearl has better minifigs (we have most all the ones that are in Queen Anne's).<br /><br />*edit* my kids seem to like the Black Pearl better just because of the minifigs; but I'm trying to point out the skulls and the stained glass on the Queen Anne's<br />

Well personally from the pictures I've seen online the queen Anne is my choice,mainl because it looks great,so maybe you can get the queen Anne and buy the mini figures of the black pearl off of brick link or eBay maybe?
Posted Image

#4 monkeycrumb

monkeycrumb

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

<br />Does anyone have both Lego sets? Which one is better? I'm trying to decide which one to get for my kids for Chistmas. The Queen Anne's Revenge looks so much better to me but the Black Pearl has better minifigs (we have most all the ones that are in Queen Anne's).<br /><br />*edit* my kids seem to like the Black Pearl better just because of the minifigs; but I'm trying to point out the skulls and the stained glass on the Queen Anne's<br />

Well personally from the pictures I've seen online the queen Anne is my choice,mainl because it looks great,so maybe you can get the queen Anne and buy the mini figures of the black pearl off of brick link or eBay maybe?

So Lurch77, which set did you ultimately go with??

I have both, but haven't taken either out of the box yet! Queen Anne is the superior ship in terms of Lego build by a mile! But the minifigs alone make the Black Pearl worthwhile, especially if you love POTC as much as my wife does.
DSTCHUCK: We never say never at DST (Ask DST #157 May 2, 2012)
Zach Oat: We still occasionally ask (regarding the DC license) posted June 19 2012 on MMMV

DST Never Says Never, so why do YOU? DC Minimates will return one day!

#5 Lurch77

Lurch77

~groovin~

• 1,846 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

We went with the Queen Anne's Revenge and very very glad we did. My son loves it, it's the only Lego set that he has not taken apart since building. One of these days I'll have to get out my Megabloks Flying Dutchman to take some more pics of both.

Attached Files

#6 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Old Aged Muted Ninja Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,091 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

We went with the Queen Anne's Revenge and very very glad we did. My son loves it, it's the only Lego set that he has not taken apart since building. One of these days I'll have to get out my Megabloks Flying Dutchman to take some more pics of both.

Every minimate fan who has bought the pirates NEEDS one of those Dutchmen.

"........turtle sheller  .....!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users