UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Android App - Market Version Now Live!

AdyCarter

Just installed it and it work's great.thank you its the best app ever.I'm always in here on my phone

Excellent, Im glad its useful for you.

Thanks for installing it too, I half expected everyone to be scared of installing non market apps.

Scared of installing non market apps? Where's the sense of adventure? I just downloaded the app. Very nice. Thanks for putting it together. Although I've got no problems with non-market apps, if you need to do an official market release, I don't mind pitching in a little to help cover some of the cost to show my appreciation.

A little issue I've noticed with the app (I'm using a G2/Desire Z), when I click the back button, instead of just going back a page, it backs out of the app. It's not a big issue, as I can still navigate around just find (I just have to keep reminding myself to not hit the back button), but I wanted you to be aware of that minor issue. Again, thanks for putting the app together.

That is interesting, I'll look into that, Im a little hampered by the lack of devices to actually test it on so you lot are in part my guinea pigs.

I have noticed some differences in "back" behaviour in general on the devices I do have access to, further compounded by my tablet which only has a "soft" back button in the status bar as opposed to an actual button.

Cheers for the heads up.

Yeah, no problem. I'm certainly no developer, but I know one of the more frustrating aspects of Android developing can be the way the different devices work. I've also got a G1/Dream (running an older CM mod), and am more than happy to test apps on either device.

Thats handy to know, I've only got access to a pair of ageing LG540s' running a heavily customized CM7 (So Android 2.3), the Android Emulator on PC and some random junky Chinese tablet running Modroid (Android 2.2) and the differences in what works and how between the two is astounding, not quite as annoying as trying to get stuff working right on HTCs with their weird but cool Sense framework.

It appears to me that the Official market actually seemlessly distributes different .apk files depending on the downloading client device to get around a lot of these issues, perhaps I will be needing that Android Market license after all rather than hosting a score of .apks here all targetted at different devices and praying the user knows whats what!

I've bitten the bullet and got an Android Market account.

Stay tuned for new about the first properly published version of the MMMV App!

• Auto Updating
  • Installed Securely Via the Market
  • Many Bugfixes
  • Compatible with all Android 1.5 and higher devices

Posting from the new app now. Links work seemlessly from app to browser. It still backs out of the app instead of just back a page, but that's also still not a big deal. I don't know why, but there's a bit of lag time when inputting on both the qwerty pad and the swype keyboard.

I downloaded Ziggy too. I was heartbroken when Al didn't suddenly appear. :)

I had not noticed any input lag on the other version. I'm rebooting now- sometimes after a busy day, my phone just needs a little nap.

Edit: Yep. Sleepy phone just needed a little lie down. The lag is gone after rebooting.

Edited by Turtle