Photo
- - - - -

Post SDCC Chat with DST Chuck on Thursday August 4th!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Nervous Rex

Nervous Rex

Proud Papa!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hey Gang... This seems awesome, but it is past my bedtime (4:30 a.m. get here pretty quick) so I will not be able to make it. Would someonebe willing to ask a question for me? I hope this is ok ... I'm interested if there will be Thundercats mates at some point? and a General Lee :thumbsup: .

... and i agree about Falcon, we should have him already, especially now that the vulture wings can be used.

anyway, thanks in advance if anyone can ask about Thundercats :biggrin:

Semper Fidelis!

2B1 ASK1

#22 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

nuttier than squirrel poop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

- Will you be banning anyone who suggests bringing back Street Fighter or DC Minimates in the chat tonight?

Good idea. I want to make sure the way is paved to ask if they'll be returning to LOTR any time soon.

Posted Image

#23 Mystery Man

Mystery Man

RODAN make RODAN RODAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

While it isn't past my bedtime, I'll be at work at 9pm Eastern (8pm Central) time. Could anyone kindly ask the following?

Please thank them from me for all that they do. Minimates are my favorite toy line (and just about the only one I still purchase).

- Plans for a Marvel Series 50 Fan Choice Wave? A chance to reward fans with some of the characters they've been asking for for years? Y'know, Falcon, Kang, Banshee, Toad, Morbius, Black Knight, the Wrecker, etc?

- The Series 42 Rock Man uses the same parts as the Series 37 Thing. This Thing differed greatly from the prototype, as his one-piece head and newly sculpted hands were removed in favor of the older parts. With the Rock Man, we get those new hands again. Any chance to include a Thing head that'd match the Series 37 Thing to make the existing Thing look less odd?

- With the inclusion of bigger, bulked up characters, what are the odds of seeing a bulky Rhino, Gray Hulk and the cool lookin' Dragon Man?

Thank you, whoever can ask for me!

-Matt

#24 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

I can confirm that the chat button will appear to the right of the green Forums tab below the main logo. It will be live around 8:40 tonight if anyone wants to come a little early. Priority will be given to the questions of the members who are at the chat, but we can certainly try to work in questions from those who cannot attend.

#25 NightViper

NightViper

Airlock'd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

I've been out of the loop as far as Minimates goes for, oh, the past year and a half? Mainly because I haven't been interested in the design direction that they have taken and, well, what few Minimates I have still bought break within a day or so after I open them. (I'm not that rough on them! They just break! Honest! :D )

Anyway, I may try to take part in this Q&A. I've said since they were announced that Battle Beast Minimates would be the only thing that would get me back into collecting a full line of Minimates once again. Now here we are, what? Almost two years later and still nothing?

I mean, kudos to all those fans that like the Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters, Back to the Future, KnightRider, Femme Fatales, Halo, and other video game titles that have been announced after Battle Beasts... But I just want my little animal dudes in armor! :)

Edited by NightViper, 04 August 2011 - 04:01 PM.

<iframe style="border:0;height:185px;width:400px" frameborder=0 height=185 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name="Allspark Charity Signature 2012" scrolling=no width=400 src="http://www.allsparkt...unch"></iframe>

#26 DarkRedShadow

DarkRedShadow

I've posted about 1000 times here; Regret 900 of those posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

The previous chats have been around 1-2 hours,any idea on how long this one will be?
Posted Image

#27 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

And we are now live! Come one in! :D

darkredshadow, this one will be similar to the previous ones.

#28 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

The chat went very well! A full transcript is coming tomorrow morning.

Thanks again to Zach and Chuck!

#29 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

I like how the chat function is like Brigadoon or something.

Thanks for playing host Luke!

Posted Image

#30 storm 1:08

storm 1:08

is still lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'll be anxiously awaiting the transcript! Hope you all didn't abuse Chuck and Zach too much.

#31 DarkRedShadow

DarkRedShadow

I've posted about 1000 times here; Regret 900 of those posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

I left at around the time night viper finished his question,did anyone ask about the zombie 2 pack?
Posted Image

#32 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,171 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for playing the role of key moderator, Luke, and thanks to Chuck and Zach for stopping by! Sorry I couldn't stick around for the whole thing.

#33 Trekker 42

Trekker 42

Live Long and Prosper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

I missed it, but for a good reason. I look forward to the transcript.
Posted Image

#34 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

I slept very well during the chat so bring on the transcript. :tongue:

#35 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

I left at around the time night viper finished his question,did anyone ask about the zombie 2 pack?

It was asked, but Chuck kind of denied it & they mentioned that AFX will have a four pack at NYCC. Someone else around here did mentioned how Toy Fair will debut a zombie 2-pack that he won't be able to order for his store.

Posted Image

#36 Mirymate

Mirymate

furry blue monkey man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Well we know Kang will not be coming with his chair, that Pat @ AFX beats people up for fun, and that I didn't choke this time though once I realized we'd only get one question I wish I'd picked on of my other ones, but no one has the "question regret" more than our resident Bronie.

Posted Image

Sell me what I want - Parts needed list - Or trade with me
(all updated 11-19-12)
Proud member of the Kang Kadre! Always!

#37 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

We also learned that cully has an unhealthy fascination with Aunt May and thet Nessex's finger has been stuck in something for awhile (which keeps him from doing custom work). Very informative evening.

Edited by groundhog7s, 05 August 2011 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

#38 boyd

boyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

It was asked, but Chuck kind of denied it & they mentioned that AFX will have a four pack at NYCC. Someone else around here did mentioned how Toy Fair will debut a zombie 2-pack that he won't be able to order for his store.

Very interesting. I should have asked if they had any more original lines in the works to pump them for more details.

Boyd's Minimate Customs - The custom Minimate site that's collecting dust.

#39 storm 1:08

storm 1:08

is still lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Well we know ... that Pat @ AFX beats people up for fun...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he spends his nights fighting in the UFC. But seriously, he's a big teddy bear if you ever talk with him. And I'm not just saying that because I don't want him to beat me up. :ermm:

#40 Shamrock

Shamrock

TheICE AGE!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

Also we learned that Chuck's favorite Minimate ever released is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users