UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2012

Newbie here, decided Toy Fair was a decent topic of conversation since it is quite close. What are you guys expecting in terms of minimates? What about other toy lines? Personally, while this has no basis for being true and is nothing more than a daydream, I am looking forward to a surprise announcement that DC Minimates are making a comeback, I know it won't happen but that's what I'm hoping for. Also looking forward to finally seeing a complete line... or at least a wave of Battle Beasts minis.

Hope this is an appropriate thread.

DC anyone? Is there any chance of that happening?

don't see why not, more than likely if you ask me.

A new Marvel Select?

and maybe there's a chance we'll see the Avengers Minimates on Toy Fair.

You mean . . . The REDACTED?????

still not keen on that name, myself.

I'm hoping to see the Universal Monsters have somebody besides the Mummy show up for release.

Also really hoping for several of my most-wanted in the Marvel line.

I really want the Invisible Man, couldn't care less about the other figures in the line though I hope it does well enough that the Inivisible Man is released.

I hope to see Kang, DC Minimates, and some good Marvel characters we haven't seen before. I really want an updated Cable like the first one we got, but with actual suspenders like Cyclops has. The old one doesn't have a painted back which is really lame.

I really want an updated Cable like the first one we got, but with actual suspenders like Cyclops has. The old one doesn't have a painted back which is really lame.

If the MVC3 license gets expanded to cover UMVC3 & MVC2, then he'd be a great addition to that line.

You guys are way more experienced than me so please is there even a remote possibility of DC minimates...or is the line dead for good at this point?

It's been bandied about on these (and other) boards ever since Wave8 was announced as the last wave. I'm pretty sure that they are dead. DST has said that DC have zero interest in continuing them.

Alas - DC have not been as supportive of Minimates as Marvel have. I would say there's an 80% chance that they will not be back anytime in the next couple of years.

Stick a nail in the coffin, they're dead and buried. We'll never see them again.

How are you so certain? DST continues to actively pursue the license. If DST had given up interest I'd probably agree. It might not happen for many years, but I'm certain one day we will see DC minimates again, even if we have to wait for an entire administration change at DC.

I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not expecting it soon. But to say NEVER is quite a ballsy thing to say if you are not the rights-holder.

Stick a nail in the coffin, they're dead and buried. We'll never see them again.

How are you so certain?

He's not certain,nobody is, but like many of us TM2 probably prefers not to talk of the loved ones he has seen cut off in their prime.

"It is easier to let go than to cling on"

-Romulan Chronicle IV v.28

"Romulans are complete c%*ts"

-Worf STTNG Series 3 (VHS... out takes)