UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Buck Rogers TV Show Minimates!

A Diamond Select Toys Release! Warp into the 25th century with the first-ever Minimates box set based on the classic Buck Rogers TV show! This box set includes four 2-inch Minimates mini-figures of Captain Buck Rogers, Colonel Wilma Deering, Princess Ardala and Tigerman, each featuring a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories. Plus, you get a bonus 1" micro-figure of TWIKI! Re-create Season 1 of the sci-fi classic in the palm of your hand! Comes packed on a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum!

post-6422-0-22441100-1408543660_thumb.jp

Edited by JeffBohn

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dare we hope for a Gary Coleman figure?

I'm really excited for this. When I read "Buck Rogers" in the thread list I was expecting the classic pulp hero Buck that a lot of companies are doing now. I was all ready to post "this would have a lot more excitement if it was the TV series" and when I clicked in and read the release and saw the picture I almost cried. I'm in for a couple sets at least. Tiger Man! Mini Twiki!

I can only hope that a second set will come with Dr. Huer, Hawk, "disco" Buck and Kane.

A Starfighter would just be too much to hope for but man would it be cool.

'Bout time, DST has had this license in limbo for years.

We had other plans for it. Minimates were never the focus. Also, we had other lines to work on that were more time-sensitive.

We've discussed who would be in Set 2. This set is Season 1 focused.

'Bout time, DST has had this license in limbo for years.

We had other plans for it. Minimates were never the focus. Also, we had other lines to work on that were more time-sensitive.

We've discussed who would be in Set 2. This set is Season 1 focused.

I have no idea who some of these characters are, but anyways:

11072259_gal.jpg

I want a space bubble:

buck+rogers+1.jpg

buck3.jpg

Also, I hope the original set includes helmets:

buck_rogers_image__1_.jpg?w=614

Thing I remember the most about that show is that the starfighter was really cool. Hopefully that's on the way.

Hands-down the coolest-looking spaceship IMO! This, and a Draconian Marauder would be wonderful (and great for army-building Draconian Warriors).

Hah, awesome! Hope we get a second set with Hawk at some point. smile.png

Ha, I was going to say this exact same thing, he was my favorite!

biddy biddy, gee Buck!

I love this announcement! I'd love for Flash Gordan to be next!

Hawk's costume was very cool. Flash Gordon Movie-'mates have been on my top-five list for quite some time and would translate beautifully in 'mate form.

is this real???

holy fucksticks!!!!!

I thought the same. In fact, I was afraid to click because I didn't want the same disappointment I experienced with the Planet of the Apes subject! This truly caught me off-guard; what a wonderful left-field surprise...bring it!

awesome news, this was on my want list from back in 2012 (along with View Askew and Kill Bill). i will be very happy to have these next to the classic BSG mates. too bad the vehicles seem to be over. hope we can get more than 1 set but i'll be thankful to get this one (multiples of course) . brings me back to my childhood happy.png

Please include helmets and an extra bun-hairpiece for Wilma! It would also be awesome if Dr. Theopolis were removable from Twiki's chest (an accessory for an accessory?!?...yes please).

Edited by cdubya