UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

I'll put that piece of info in the corner with all the other salt grains.

do with it what you will, what the fuck do i care?

Oh my god the rumors for this are so out of control there are some(movie web.com for example) that are actually claiming the "invading army" are now actually called "the Redacted" buy a friggin" dictionary folks, i guess this spoiler name is thanks to DST :teehee:

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll put that piece of info in the corner with all the other salt grains.

do with it what you will, what the fuck do i care?

Oh my god the rumors for this are so out of control there are some(movie web.com for example) that are actually claiming the "invading army" are now actually called "the Redacted" buy a friggin" dictionary folks, i guess this spoiler name is thanks to DST :teehee:

....i don't think Miry was talking to you, and we were all being sarcastic about the "Redacted" thing because it sounds ridiculous.....there wasn't really a need to react like that.

Yea, most of the toy/game companies are putting out major hero/villain pair ups for Avengers, so i doubt this in any way is meant to affect the actual movie.

its funny how alot of people around here feel the need to comment when they probably shouldnt, if you dont like or care about some info then disregard it, but whats the point in posting a comment that its not worth your consideration? and who are you to tell me how to react two-face, this has nothing to do with you.

its funny how alot of people around here feel the need to comment when they probably shouldnt, if you dont like or care about some info then disregard it, but whats the point in posting a comment that its not worth your consideration? and who are you to tell me how to react two-face, this has nothing to do with you.

Well....i had already commented and weighed in in the read, and your "folks" comment refers to everyone, so technically it does. Not that I'm even getting involved in an argument, since the whole reason i commented was to PREVENT one.

Anyway, you may now return to your regularly scheduled Avengers Movie Discussion.

I read this on another forum. I'm praying it's false, otherwise we could have a possible Spiderman 3 on our hands!

"The Skrull: The aliens are now being called The Redacted and are a new version of The Skrulls. Fox still own Skrulls, so Marvel have changed them enough to not get sued. They're multicolored and are shape shifters.

Thanos: Thanos is in the movie. There were rumors some months ago that Loki would do business with Thanos and they're true. Thanos is tricked by Loki in the movie. Basically, Loki has been collecting Infinity Gems and the Infinity Gauntlet, but tricks Thanos in to thinking that the Infinity Gauntlet is the most powerful. In return, Thanos gives him The Redacted.

The Leviathan: The Leviathan is an alien serpent given to Loki by Thanos as a part of the deal.

Red Skull: Red Skull is in the movie. Loki meets him on his travels. They split the 6 Infinity Gems between them. Loki takes the Mind, Reality and Power gems and Red Skull takes the Soul, Time and Space gems.

Loki joins the Avengers: The Redacted discover that Loki tricked their master, and betray him. Hence Loki seemingly being on The Avengers side in some set photos."

Yeah, the Cosbaby stuff looks to be branded under each specific character movie (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2) and then given the Avengers Assemble logo. Which tells us that at least as far as merchandising goes, Avengers is a wet dream come true.

Punisher, I hope that isn't true... at least not without two intermissions. Otherwise it sounds like too much. Even considering that unlike Spidey 3, most of the characters have gotten fleshed out in other movies, so character exposition really doesn't need to be there. A skrull by any other name, though, would NOT smell as sweet.

Lord that sounds like a crowded mess of a movie. Heck that would a be a hard plot to make work in a comic without seeming conveluted. Just too much going on.

My guess, assuming that Marvel might try to stick with already been established concepts, is that the Skrulls could become the short lived Ruul. The Ruul were a Kurt Busiek idea of hyper-evolved Kree created by the Supreme Inteligence using the reality altering Forever Crystal. The Ruul had advanced shapeshifting powers, greater than normal Skrulls. The Ruul were retconned out of existence when crazy Genis-Vell destroyed and recreated the universe, thus restoreing the Kree the way Genis remembered them. So that way, you could have blue Skrull-like aliens, who were really the Kree. Of they could just use the Kree.

I read this on another forum. I'm praying it's false, otherwise we could have a possible Spiderman 3 on our hands!

"The Skrull: The aliens are now being called The Redacted and are a new version of The Skrulls. Fox still own Skrulls, so Marvel have changed them enough to not get sued. They're multicolored and are shape shifters.

Thanos: Thanos is in the movie. There were rumors some months ago that Loki would do business with Thanos and they're true. Thanos is tricked by Loki in the movie. Basically, Loki has been collecting Infinity Gems and the Infinity Gauntlet, but tricks Thanos in to thinking that the Infinity Gauntlet is the most powerful. In return, Thanos gives him The Redacted.

The Leviathan: The Leviathan is an alien serpent given to Loki by Thanos as a part of the deal.

Red Skull: Red Skull is in the movie. Loki meets him on his travels. They split the 6 Infinity Gems between them. Loki takes the Mind, Reality and Power gems and Red Skull takes the Soul, Time and Space gems.

Loki joins the Avengers: The Redacted discover that Loki tricked their master, and betray him. Hence Loki seemingly being on The Avengers side in some set photos."

So what immediately came to mind when reading this mess is...

This is all made up to screw with us fans trying to figure out the movie before watching the movie. Keep in mind, this is Joss Whedon here. Remember Xander's friend Jesse in the first episode of Buffy...

Remember how he gets turned into a vamp and dies? Joss wanted to put him in the opening credits so we'd think there was no way he could die in the first episode. Also, the LEVIATHAN? Did anyone else read Joss's run on Astonishing X-Men? There's a part where the X-Men need to make up an ace-in-the-hole that sounds menacing enough to get the bad guys worried. Emma Frost makes up "the Leviathan".

I'm going to go ahead and guess most of this info is garbage. Pieces here and there might be true... small little pieces... but I think Joss and the boys are messing with us. I can just see him sitting there reading this stuff on websites thinking "they think I have a villain called the Redacted?!"

Edited by nate_studio

• 3 weeks later...

That is pretty slick.

About the plot, I'll say this... I'm not sure what else is going to happen, but the basic plot will be that a scheme by Loki to get revenge on his bother will accidentally lead to the uniting of several solo heroes into a permenant fighting team. No I'm not being overly simplistic. Whatever twists were added to Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man, the basics story of their origins remained the same. Only Hulk's showed a great degree of alteration, but in the end they blended the 616 and TV origins o tell their stories. I do not believe that Marvel is going to depart from their pattern for this movie. So... looking at the books for inspiration, the plot that formed the Avengers was an attempt to get Thor to attack the Hulk, but Loki did not anticipate Tony, Hank, and Jan's involvement.

In keeping with that idea, whether the intended threat to Thor is the Hulk, or something else, Loki is intending this attack as revenge on his brother. The Earth is inconsequential, and the mortal heroes are beneath his notice, untill they start messing everything up.

In summery- the closer they stick to the spirit of the source material, the better the movie will be.

In summery- the closer they stick to the spirit of the source material, the better the movie will be.

Truth.

Marvel has done a great job with their movies (I wasn't thrilled with Incredible Hulk, but it was better than Hulk) so I pretty much trust them to do a great job with Avengers. Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk have all drawn heavily from the source material with little tweaks and updates, but like Miry put it, the spirit of the source material remained. I'm expecting to LOVE this movie. Also, Joss Whedon knows how to do an ensemble cast and I like him as a writer and director. Plus, there's no one he can really kill off here WASH!, so there's nothing to worry about.

Today on Twitter, following the Q & A with Clark Gregg, Tom Hiddleson, and SLJ (he replied to one of my Tweets, and Avengers retweeted me!!! /nerdgsm), Clark Gregg MAY have let something slip. When saying goodbye, he said:

he had to leave, as he had a lunch with some Skrulls to get to.

Now, it may be meaningless, but i can't imagine he'd just reference them out of the blue like that, in context of the film.

Too many villain options...

Or they know that the internet rumor mill has put the Skrulls in the movie for months and he's having fun fanning the flames.

Whether the Skrulls are actually in the movie is irrelevant to making the blogisphere go nuts with a parting comment. Must keep the buzz going after all.

Or they know that the internet rumor mill has put the Skrulls in the movie for months and he's having fun fanning the flames.

Whether the Skrulls are actually in the movie is irrelevant to making the blogisphere go nuts with a parting comment. Must keep the buzz going after all.

quite frankly... this

Watched the game and the trailer. Pleased with both. (had no dog in the fight that was the game, but I was entertained by it.)

Badly wanting to see this. May cannot get here fast enough.

(though it "feels" weird, an Avengers origin w/o Hank and Jan, but I'll live)

(though it "feels" weird, an Avengers origin w/o Hank and Jan, but I'll live)

I am really hoping for a cameo from both in some form, that hints to an expanded presence in the inevitable sequel.

Wasp is one character i'd really like to see make a film appearance. The movie looks pretty light on the female representation so far, so hopefully any follow up film will help level it out by bringing in Janet.

There's been discussion in the Wave 45 thread, although it should probably be here. There has been mention of Frost Giants, Chitauri (Ultimate universe Skrulls), Badoon, generic space pirates, etc.

My theory is that

Loki steals the Cosmic Cube from SHIELD and returns to Asgard, he then declares himself King of Jotunheim (since he killed Laufey and was the heir to the throne) and tricks the Frost Giants into invading Earth. The tech seen in the trailer was created by the Cosmic Cube, and he generates a portal from Jotunheim to Earth (what Iron Man is seen flying towards in the trailer) and this portal also allows Thor to return to Earth to stop his brother. The 'aliens' are Frost Giants decked out in Tesseract tech. Somehow, Loki either meets Red Skull or inadvertantly returns Skull to Earth, and there will be hints at him rebuilding a current day Hydra at the end of the movie. I think the whole 'aliens' in Avengers is an intentional misdirection, but technically they could be considered aliens as they are not of the planet Earth. Plus, it would make more sense plot-wise, with what has already been introduced in the prior movies, and further build upon that framework that was already setup in Thor and Captain America.

Like I said, my theory, but I think it is a sound one.

Edited by youbastards