UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help! Clarification on terminology: Wave 33

Seeking input from you expert lot on this one:

I ordered the set titled "Sentinel/Rachel Summers" from an online retailer. The web page said "Sentinel/Rachel Summers". The invoice read "Sentinel/Rachel Summers". What I got was "Sentinel/Rachel Grey".

Retailer (who shall be unnamed until I get to the bottom of this) says I ordered incorrectly. Retailer sent this email in response to my inquiry:

"Rachel Grey and Rachel Summers are the same person. In this series they had her in a set as Marvel Girl and in another set as Phoenix. You ordered the Sentinel and Rachel Summers as Marvel Girl which is the Sentinel and Rachel Grey set. I am sorry for the confusion. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else."

Here is MM Database's listing for this wave: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/series.php?i=163

I invite any of you to PLEASE weigh in on this issue. I don't want to pursue the retailer if I am truly in the wrong, but if the retailer listed it incorrectly on the site, or just plain doesn't know how the sets are supposed to be titled, I want to request an RMA, as I already own the Rachel Grey set and DON'T need 2 more!

Rachel Grey and Rachel Summers ARE the same person, just from different timelines.

However, you ordered a Varient pack (Sentinel/Rachel Summers) and you got the none varient (Sentinel/Rachel Grey)

What has confused matters is he has himself given them new names in his response (Marvel Girl & Phoenix) and swapped thm around.

Rachel Grey is Marvel Girl, Rachel Summers is Phoenix if you were to follow logical reasoning, however he has decided that Rachel Summers = Marvel Girl when the packaging clearly illustrates that the "Rachel Summers" minimate is the Phoenix one. Wait no, hes just been a douche really "You ordered the Sentinel and Rachel Summers (as Marvel Girl) which is the Sentinel and Rachel Grey set." is the worst least helpful answer ever. SO basically in his head, "Sentinal/Rachel Summers" means Sentinal and Rachel Summers disguised as and called Rachel Grey

To be honest I personally wouldn't persue it because its all a bit confusing and tenuous. The retailer IS wrong, but you will probably never get them to concede that

Ady makes a good point, and you probably won't get anywhere fighting the retailer, BUT, the Sentinel/Rachel Summers pack CLEARLY shows the names of the characters inside right on the front of the box. The retailer is being an ass because they know that they screwed up and don't want to make right. As a seller of something, one cannot change the name of the product just because. I am not going to accept a Yugo from a person just because they call it a BMW.

BS

I'm just doing pics for the wave 33 Minimates Central review, and the packaging very definitely says Sentinel/Rachel Summers (for the variant) and Sentinel/Rachel Grey for the regular. There's no mention of Marvel Girl or Phoenix (as a character) on the packaging.

The retailer is totally in the wrong. Have at him!

Thanks, all.

Paid with MasterCard, so I'm going to follow my first instinct, and reply to the retailer showing the Wave 33 listings from MMDB, as well as some current listings from ebay, which luckily are all correctly listed (for a change) and mention that I will be filing a dispute with Master Card if they don't remedy the error (I'm requesting RMA & exchange if possible, although they may have sold out on the other).

The price wouldn't have clued me, either, b/c they were also selling another wave Variant pack at the same price (and I received the correct (variant) sets of those!), so they can't even say that I "should have known" by the price, since they were selling other variants at the same price.

It's a smaller online comic book store; I've actually never used them before, but I avoid AFX now at all costs, ever since THEY screwed me on Wave 28 by canceling all the pre-orders without any notice to customers (still haven't managed to find the Deadpool packs to complete my sets)!

Just frustrating b/c now I don't have the variants I needed, yet I'd be stuck with (4) Rachel Greys...Argh :(

Q: If the retailer never comes through, do we have a section here on the MV where we can list "substandard" retailers (it seems bad form, in a way, but I'd also hate for someone else to get screwed AFTER I already have "poor experience" history with the same retailer)!

Q: If the retailer never comes through, do we have a section here on the MV where we can list "substandard" retailers (it seems bad form, in a way, but I'd also hate for someone else to get screwed AFTER I already have "poor experience" history with the same retailer)!

It's been discussed in the past but is too open to abuse for us to put such a list into practice.

Rachel Grey and Rachel Summers ARE the same person, just from different timelines.

Actually they're the same person from the same timeline, Rachel Summers changed her name after Jean Grey died to honor her mother, and in protest of Scott Summers(cyclops) having a relationship with Emma Frost