UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customs by Fujis

Nice one, Fujis! Great muscle detailing on the Doc. And looking back, your FF Wolverine is SWEET!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glomit

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rorschach from WATCHMEN

th_Rorschach_version1.jpg

I imagine Rorschach's scarf could be either a seperately sculpted piece or actually part of the coat itself. As for the hat/mask, if it was removable like the DC masks then you could also have Walter's ugly, ugly face under it. ;)

Love the Watchmen designs Fujis! Simple, clean and exactly the way they should look. Are you planning on making customs of Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach? And who's next on your Watchmen design schedule?

The Comedian from WATCHMEN

th_TheComedian.jpg

I imagine The Comedian's mask would be removable but with openings for the eyes and mouth like Bullseye's. The shoulder armor and harness/belt would be one sculpted piece.

I'm not crazy about how the kneepads turned out but I'm happy with the mask and the overall look of the design.

The Comedian from WATCHMEN

I imagine The Comedian's mask would be removable but with openings for the eyes and mouth like Bullseye's.

It's also perfect if anyone needs to make a 'GIMP' quick custom.., now all we need is a Bruce Willis MiniMate with a Katana and you can cross license ;)

Nice designs Fujis although ya did break the cardinal no noses rule ;)

T.

Looking good Fujis... Love the designs for the Watchmen Minis. Did you see the Rorschach still in the 300 trailer? Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you've got coming next.

Looking good Fujis... Love the designs for the Watchmen Minis. Did you see the Rorschach still in the 300 trailer? Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you've got coming next.

Say what? What still is that? I neeeeed to see it...

:jawdrop:

What!? Rorshach still in the 300 trailer!? What!? Why does he look so amazing!? How did anyone catch this/how did I miss it!?

Nice designs Fujis although ya did break the cardinal no noses rule ;)

I flagrantly break that rule all the time if it fits the 'Mate's facial look. Can you imagine any of my Transformer 'Mates without noses? I say, "fah" on your "rule".

Fah, Timbo, fah. :tongue:

Fujis, those designs are amazing. Now you have to put your skills to the task of making them in real life...

Nite Owl II from WATCHMEN

th_NiteOwl.jpg

Nite Owl was interesting because of his cape. I chose to have it behind him so as not to restrict the arm movement even though all of the reference material shows it covering his arms, much like the Dark Knight Batman cape.

antacost, yeah I did see that frame. That's actually why I started these designs.

*edit - Hmm, nice to see that posting some news designs actually brought my rating down. Can we get rid of that feature?

I flagrantly break that rule all the time if it fits the 'Mate's facial look. Can you imagine any of my Transformer 'Mates without noses? I say, "fah" on your "rule".

Fah, Timbo, fah. :tongue:

Not my rule... AA's rule... ;)

As for getting rid of the feature... I didn't know we could rate threads... now I'm gonna have to find out how and mark you down because Tenime was 'lippy' in here :D

T.

Ozymandias from WATCHMEN

th_adrianveidt.jpg

Veidt was a lot of fun to design. Initially I had some shiny leg-detailing like on the Silver Surfer but it didn't look right. I designed the arm bands as decals but I would prefer them to be removable - but that takes more time to draw!

He's not unhappy; he's aloof. ;)

As for the Rorschach still in the trailer, it's just a blip. You can't see it when you watch it - you'll need to pause it and scroll through. It's 1:52 seconds in IIRC...

As for getting rid of the feature... I didn't know we could rate threads... now I'm gonna have to find out how and mark you down because Tenime was 'lippy' in here :D

Don't punish Fujis, because I decided to be silly!

Punish...Loki.

Norse God of Mischeif.

It's his fault.

Yeah. <_<

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well, Fuj', hopefully we'll get these if the movie ever gets made.

Hear that, Snyder? Get crackin'!

Silk Spectre II from WATCHMEN

th_SilkSpectre2.jpg

Laurie's costume was an interesting design challenge. In the book she wears a skimpy black bodysuit underneath see-through yellow silk. I decided that printing the bodysuit on the torso and having a clear yellow "chest piece" w/skirt would achieve the desired results. The wrist bands are also in clear yellow to achieve the billowy effect of the silk. The maroon at her wrists and waist was inspired by the prototype figure which was presented by DC Direct (but never released).

Thanks, JP! And I'm still using Photoshop, I haven't had a chance to try to install Illustrator yet but I will...

Here's a mock Watchmen Minimates Promo Poster

th_watchmenpromo.jpg

They're paired up the way that I think would be appropriate for release in a wave although I think these would be better suited to a 6-figure box set. That and I couldn't think of who to include as the variant...