UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:biggrin: omy god those are the coolest hellboy minimates ever and i know who the last one is for those of you who want to know its

johan kreuss

im not sure if thats the right spelling but i know its him

:biggrin: omy god those are the coolest hellboy minimates ever and i know who the last one is for those of you who want to know its

johan kreuss

im not sure if thats the right spelling but i know its him

But that wouldn't make sense, because

In the comics Johann has a perfectly smooth head, while that minimate clearly has some sort of thing on the top of its bizarrely shaped head which breaks it up.

Edited by Shamrock

Saving the best - here: the most controversial - for last, I proudly present you:

Johann Kraus

Johann is a very funny character. Being a medium who lost his body in an incident, his disembodied spirit rests somehow in that strange suit created by BPRD. Other than in the movie, he isn't an arrogant, bureaucratic wiseacre in the comics. Actuially he is a calm, intelligent and friendly guy. I really like, that him being a German, he really uses some German expressions in the comics. Mignola and his crew did a well research on that. You probably don't know that, but a lot of characters being Germans in Englishspeaking movies and comics are talking complete nonsense (I don't mean classic Gibberish) - both grammatical and/or semantical (In the Ultimates they did a comparabel great job! I mean, it isn't that hard to ask someone, is it?)

I wanted to do a custom of him eversince I saw (once more) Luke's great work on Morbius: I wanted to use a real glas dome for his helmet as well. The only lightbulb/glass I found coming in the right size does have that little pointy top. That is a compromise I had to live with, since it isn't comic accurate as Shamrock already pointed out. But using real glass had top priority for me. Actually I bought a two pack of those bulbs and I tried to cut it off, but the lightbulb cracked, so I decided to leave it there on the second one. However, I cut off the regular peg that connects the Minimate torso to the head piece and added a little bit of Milliput as his suit's colar and to fix the bulb to the torso. His "mouth" device is a decal and so is the BPRD logo on his chest. Johann's gloves and boots belong to Invaders' Bucky, the belt, pistole and holster to a BSG pilot.

Johann.jpg

"He's not dead. He just doesn't have a body anymore." (Kate Corrigan)

And here is a groupshot of the whole bunch:

Gruppe2.jpg

So, here is the original pic of those guessing silhouetts:

post-2080-1244388060_thumb.jpg

Well, I am perfectly happy to be wrong. Johann Krauss is aces Bob. I can't believe that dome is actual glass! :thumbsup:

On a side note, your comment on how well-researched the German in Hellboy is kinda reminds me of another not-so-funny research gaffe involving OUR own culture:

The Triumph Division (a.k.a. "Manila has Buddhist monks?!??!!")

Thanks for the compliments on Johann and his glass dome!!!

any chance of and Abe next?

I wanted to do an Abe custome - of course! -, but it turned out that I had no idea how to do his gills. I tried a few ideas but he always ended up looking like Francis Bacon. I guess I'm done with Hellboy for now. Maybe in the future, but right now there are other things. To do. Vanilla Mate Contest entry for instance... :rolleyes:

Johann was the one I was waiting for, and you nailed him. Great job on the light bulb head.

And I loved to keep you waiting, Boyd! There is nothing as delightful as a good teaser... :tongue:

I cant seem to view your work because every time i click on one it goes straight to this page i am sure they are good though. I can only see the hellboy one which i think are the best ones i have seen.

Thank you very much for your kind compliment on my Hellboy custom, ZuberDude!

I don't really know if I got you right, but maybe by clicking on those little thumbs in my signature will help you show my other customs. Otherwise there is always the possibility to browse this thread page-wise. :blush:

Ugh wow I've lost track on how many hellboy characters Ive made. I made them all last year and never posted them but hopefully by some miracle I'll work on them and post them this summer. But your customs are gorgeous especially johann kraus' since we share the same name(teehee). Do abe sapien I want to see one of abe sapien done by you...that would be sick

Edited by entertheninja!

My entry to Luke's Vanilla Mate Contest:

El Poderoso calzador: Ignacio, the Nacho Man

I thought about a few possible characters that would fit the contest's rules and after dropping the idea to do

Kang

:ohmy: I came up with the idea to do something completely different. :P

The luchador's recipe is pretty simple: a vanilla mate with decals for his boots, chest and face. The cape in the second (and not-contest-accurate!) pic belongs to SF's M. Bison.

MW-head.jpgMX-cape2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right now, I don't have the time to do any customs, since I'm on my way to the US; and I don't know if I will find enough time to do customs once I'm there. But I do have some ideas on new mates to customize at the latest when I'm back home, spring-time 2010...

But I did create a flickr account to display some of my creations so far in larger pics. So if you like to have a closer look feel free to visit my flickr pics.

• 2 months later...

Im usally pretty quiet in here and I know the watchmen customs have been up for a while but man they are just insperation to me one of my favrite story lines of all time such detail and depth and you have captured it with your figures.I aim trying to upload some of my own but im running into a syntac error everytime i try to start a new topic in the customs thread,but anyway masterpieces your figures