UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Poster Contest

Lurch77

Minimate Poster Contest

At this year's SDCC, we got to see some new minimate posters (refresh memory here). So how can you get your hands on one of those beauties .... how about a poster contest :D

For this contest, you will create your own Minimate poster! This poster can be based off anything that you would find in your LCS, toy store, kids or dorm room. You are free to create your posters using any media, including photography, hand-drawn art, and digital art.

Rules:

1.) Please submit a good quality manageable sized picture of your poster in this thread.
2.) Posters can be of anything but keep them appropriate for posting according to Board Guidelines.
3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post.
4.) Only one entry per person.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Sunday September 26th at 11:59 PM CST
Voting begins once the Contest Gallery has been posted on Sept 27th and ends Sept 30th at 11:59 PM CST.
Winners will be posted on October 1st.

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, who you feel created the best design.

1.) Best Design
2.) Second Best Design
3.) Third Best Design

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts
During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Lurch77

Prizes:
1st Prize: Both Offical Minimate Posters and a SDCC Blank
2nd Prize: One Offical Minimate Poster and a SDCC Blank
3rd Prize: One Offical Minimate Poster

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread or send a PM to Lurch77.

Contest Prizes are brought to you by the Minimate Multiverse and DST. Have fun!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting. But a quick question, does the poster have to be of a minimate license, or of anything that we want?

Anything, as long as it involves minimates. You can do something similar to the promo ones with current minimate licenses, or create one for a license that you would like to see, or one of the movie posters, or try recreating a famous work of art, or even just a good picture of some minimates ... tons of possibilities. Need ideas, check here.

Could I do the cover of a magazine?

i was just about to ask somthing like that.(sorry i'm full of questions :blush: ) but can we do things like comic covers, movie posters, album covers, etc.?

Could I do the cover of a magazine?

i was just about to ask somthing like that.(sorry i'm full of questions :blush: ) but can we do things like comic covers, movie posters, album covers, etc.?

Yes to all. If it's something that would be cool as a poster: be it a magazine cover, album cover, comic cover, movie poster, etc. then it qualifies for this contest :D

Has your transition to the Darkside been acknowledged Lurch? If not .........congrats on staffhood. ;)

Lord Lurch, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence. I assure you I'm working on my entry as fast as I can.

Nice try but my 'beloved' will spot the missing 'U' in 'honoured' ..........that is until you edit this post as well ;)

wow this is nice, hope I could think of a nice concept.

Is this a yearly contest or this is the first time?

just a thought.. I'd like to see some sample posters for inspiration. hehehe!

thanks if there would be any.. a link will do. :biggrin: