The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alas, I checked out both the kids storybook and the kids novelization and both basically make it out like the movie is the Avengers fighting Loki only. I remember reading the IM2 novel early and it was very misleading also. There was some interesting things that'll happen in Avengers, but they're really keeping the secrets as long as they can.

Here is some more info on the aliens.

http://my.spill.com/...-rumors-to-rest

I still see this guy pulling "Not the Skrulls... it's the Chitauri" out of his ass... By now I've gotten tired of guessing the aliens and I honestly hope that this badass is what the Avengers have to fight. I'll find out at midnight on May the 4th.

My thought is if they do end up going with some sort of shape shifting aliens, (would explain them fighting each other in the trailer) is that at the end of the film with the villains defeated our heroes stand together in the rubble/smoke triumphant. Roll credit with the latest Nickelback song then cut back to the movie where it shows our heroes again at Shield. They all walk away from the camera in a job well done moment then one of them slightly turns with an evil grimace and color change of the eyes.

How long has "avenger fill in the blank" been an alien? Will the secret be revealed? By whom? TUNE IN FOR AVENGERS 2: SECRET INVASION!

Just a guess. As long as this movie doesn't have Thor breaking into riverdance (a la Spider-man 3), I'm good to go.

My thought is if they do end up going with some sort of shape shifting aliens, (would explain them fighting each other in the trailer) is that at the end of the film with the villains defeated our heroes stand together in the rubble/smoke triumphant. Roll credit with the latest Nickelback song then cut back to the movie where it shows our heroes again at Shield. They all walk away from the camera in a job well done moment then one of them slightly turns with an evil grimace and color change of the eyes.

How long has "avenger fill in the blank" been an alien? Will the secret be revealed? By whom? TUNE IN FOR AVENGERS 2: SECRET INVASION!

Just a guess. As long as this movie doesn't have Thor breaking into riverdance (a la Spider-man 3), I'm good to go.

The kid's storybook on the previous page did seem to explain why they were fighting each other. If that is true to the film, then shape-shifting plays no part in that bit, at least.

I do feel its very likely someone will be acting strange, perhaps liney chinned by the end of the film, way back when I went for Maria Hill, and haven't changed my mind yet.

if we are gonna see skrulls in the avengers films, i hope its not right away, if their to be done right, have them be there very undetected in the first film, make their presence known in the second and then have an all out war in the third or fourth.

Now im going out on a limb and saying whatever these aliens are, they are some second rate marvel species that they just used as fodder for the film, intimidating enough to call the avengers to action, but not big enough to warrant the spot light. I seriously doubt they are frost giants, why would loki take the time to train them all how to use the tech when he has magic? and remember there is still another baddie in the film, who actually DOES have a name, and probably will have some importance, now...and this is just a crazy thought...could it be namor? think about it, he was one of the avengers first threats and there is a giant serpent in the film, could be that atlanteans are extremely technically gifted in this film and thats how they stayed undetected...if not, im guessing Thanos

Namor and the Atlanteans are cover by the FF license, and thus Fox has those rights.

If major back story is the problem, then Thanos is out too.

BUT, Makluans, the Fin Fang Foom race of dragons, are also shapechangers, and have been shown to be able to assume human form. So if that might have lead to the impression that the REDACTED are Skrulls since that's the Marvel shapshifting aliens more people are familiar with. They have little to no back story as a race, only one ship and marooned crew are even known to Earth, so no trouble there. And it sets up the Mandarin for IM3.

At any rate we are already dangerously close to "All this secrecy for these guys?" territory.

if we are gonna see skrulls in the avengers films, i hope its not right away, if their to be done right, have them be there very undetected in the first film, make their presence known in the second and then have an all out war in the third or fourth.

Now im going out on a limb and saying whatever these aliens are, they are some second rate marvel species that they just used as fodder for the film, intimidating enough to call the avengers to action, but not big enough to warrant the spot light. I seriously doubt they are frost giants, why would loki take the time to train them all how to use the tech when he has magic? and remember there is still another baddie in the film, who actually DOES have a name, and probably will have some importance, now...and this is just a crazy thought...could it be namor? think about it, he was one of the avengers first threats and there is a giant serpent in the film, could be that atlanteans are extremely technically gifted in this film and thats how they stayed undetected...if not, im guessing Thanos

My original thought for the Avengers villain was, in fact, Namor. But I think Fox owns him with the Fantastic Four (More's the pity), If they don't I'd LOVE to see Atlantis invade from the ocean with Namor at the head but... There's not much of a precedent for his appearance. If he was involved in Captain America with the Invaders I'd call it a certainty, but with Fox probably owning the rights and the lack of any hint of Atlantis existing in this Marvel universe (whereas we know about the 9 realms and with the 9 realms we know there's life in Space giving credence to the alien theory) I find Namor to be rather... unlikely.

Thanos has a bit of a precedent with the Infinity Gauntlet being in Odin's treasure room and not only just appearing there but also showing up at freakin Comic Con and being prominent at Comic Con. The Gauntlet would probably not have made it to CC unless they planned SOMETHING with it. We didn't see that in Thor. Means we may see it in The Avengers. I think Namor, character-wise, may be a better choice. But I also think that Namor would be harder to fit into the concept of this Marvel U than having Thanos come down from space. I think, honestly, our villains are space creatures, they'll be led by someone prominent that isn't from the Kree or the Skrull and that something is most likely Thanos or maybe Anhillus

Namor and the Atlanteans are cover by the FF license, and thus Fox has those rights.

BUT, Makluans, the Fin Fang Foom race of dragons, are also shapechangers, and have been shown to be able to assume human form. So if that might have lead to the impression that the REDACTED are Skrulls since that's the Marvel shapshifting aliens more people are familiar with. They have little to no back story as a race, only one ship and marooned crew are even known to Earth, so no trouble there. And it sets up the Mandarin for IM3.

At any rate we are already dangerously close to "All this secrecy for these guys?" territory.

Fin Fang Foom would be AMAZING if they could get him right. Absolutely astounding. And yeah when the dust clears and Fin Fang Foom lies defeated we could see some Chinese fellow walk up and pluck from the body of the beast a few shiny rings... 10 to be exact...

And Fin Fang Foom and his dragon people coming from the Nine Realms, Niflheim to be exact, would make sense. We have Nidhogg the Dragon from there and for all we know he could have many names.

My question is... would he work in Minimate form? I don't know about that so much... If the Redacted General is that serpent and the serpent is Fin Fang Foom... a minimate of him would be a bit... bizarre looking.

Awesome new Japanese Avengers trailer has a lot of new footage, not so much spoilers, but it does show the launch of the Helicarrier and another character from the Iron Man franchise that is making an appearance, so avoid if you want to see all of that in the theater. :thumbsup:

Plus you get to hear some great Japanese movie trailer dubbing! "Ah-VEN-jaz!"

2:30 Japanese Avengers trailer

Edited by youbastards

I wish there was a HD version that i could pause cause at 1:01 you can really see the...... whatever they are (they do look like space frost giants)

You mean something like this?

Looks like Frost Giants from space with Hammer Drone armor.

:wub:

Very cool new footage in the trailer, totally unidentifiable aliens.

Not at all sure where they're going on this one. They look for all the world like tech armored frost giants.:unsure:

Blast it... now I gotta go dig through all my handbooks and see if there's anything else that even vaugely resembels these things. :confused:

If it's the frost giants again I have a feeling I will not be happy come May 4th... We've seen them. We've fought them. We've beaten them. They were in Thor. I kinda would prefer something new... yeah...

The Japanese trailer is pretty rad. The REDACTED don't immediately look anything like the typical 616 aliens, but I also don't think they look like frost giants. They look too... well... alien. I hope they aren't frost giants. That would be legitimately dissapointing. I mean, I'll be in the theatre May 4th either way, but I'd be more excited for Avengers vs aliens than Avengers vs people Thor already beat by himself in his own movie that we already saw.

My original thought for the Avengers villain was, in fact, Namor. But I think Fox owns him with the Fantastic Four (More's the pity), If they don't I'd LOVE to see Atlantis invade from the ocean with Namor at the head but... There's not much of a precedent for his appearance. If he was involved in Captain America with the Invaders I'd call it a certainty, but with Fox probably owning the rights and the lack of any hint of Atlantis existing in this Marvel universe (whereas we know about the 9 realms and with the 9 realms we know there's life in Space giving credence to the alien theory) I find Namor to be rather... unlikely.

Thanos has a bit of a precedent with the Infinity Gauntlet being in Odin's treasure room and not only just appearing there but also showing up at freakin Comic Con and being prominent at Comic Con. The Gauntlet would probably not have made it to CC unless they planned SOMETHING with it. We didn't see that in Thor. Means we may see it in The Avengers. I think Namor, character-wise, may be a better choice. But I also think that Namor would be harder to fit into the concept of this Marvel U than having Thanos come down from space. I think, honestly, our villains are space creatures, they'll be led by someone prominent that isn't from the Kree or the Skrull and that something is most likely Thanos or maybe Anhillus

Fin Fang Foom would be AMAZING if they could get him right. Absolutely astounding. And yeah when the dust clears and Fin Fang Foom lies defeated we could see some Chinese fellow walk up and pluck from the body of the beast a few shiny rings... 10 to be exact...

And Fin Fang Foom and his dragon people coming from the Nine Realms, Niflheim to be exact, would make sense. We have Nidhogg the Dragon from there and for all we know he could have many names.

My question is... would he work in Minimate form? I don't know about that so much... If the Redacted General is that serpent and the serpent is Fin Fang Foom... a minimate of him would be a bit... bizarre looking.

This would be just spectacular with mandarin as a villain for the next IM flick = epic win

Research is on going, bu I'd swear Whedon probably called Busiek and Sanderson to find some obscure one shot race that noboy will remember off the bat.