UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Kre-os

boyd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Transformers Kreons, but I'm not sure I'm on board with these. The human minifigs are too close to Legos for my taste. Still, if we can build Minimate compatable GI Joe vehicles.... yeah, I'll be buying the crap out of these as well.

Edited by hellpop

The Kre-O vehicles are pretty decent but I truly can not stand the Human figures.....look awful to me.

The Transformers figures are decent because they are blocky to begin with, but seeing the Battleship figures REALLY put me off on these.

I can't wait! I love the Transformers Kreons, but the robot modes of the builds look so terrible, I have all of them in vehicle mode. And GI Joe is easily one of the top two toy lines for vehicles! (the other being Star Wars, of course, but we know that's taken.) Get me a HISS Tank, Skystriker, maybe a little Ferret, AWE Striker, Trouble Bubble, Stun....just thinking of the possibilities makes me so excited! Just hope they make little Kreon Tomax and Xamot.....

Not sure what I think about these yet. . .a few years ago I would have bought them without a second thought. But now? Flint and Zartan-related sets will probably be bought. A LEGO like Swamp Skiier would be excellent.

GI Joe Kre-ons would suggest that GI Joe Minimates will not be made any time soon as Hasbro likely considers Minimates a potentially competitive line. Unfortunately, I think the opposite is true. Minimate options of GI Joe characters could provide nice synergy with Kre-o AND pull adult collectors into Kre-o.

Pics from Hasbro's preview night at NYCC:

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/conventions-9/nycc12-gi-joe-kre-o-images-11626/

Like the vehicles, not big into the figures. They are all right, but the human Kreons just don't have the charm the Transformers do. But, if these end up at TJ Maxx and the like, I'll be buyin' em up.

I agree, the vehicles look super duper aces, but the Kreon head shape and the square shoulders don't work

so well on the human characters... Although Quick Kick looks wicked! I love the flocked hair on General Joe Colton!

The visor on Snake Eyes looks a bit wide, though...

The figures are really pretty ugly now that I see them. I will get Flint of course, and probably Firefly, just because I love the characters so much, but ugh. Weird shoulders, forearms, and chins don't work.

Edited by karamazov80

The figures are really pretty ugly now that I see them. I will get Flint of course, and probably Firefly, just because I love the characters so much, but ugh. Weird shoulders, forearms, and chins don't work.

I agree, the style looks better on the transformers, and some of them look worse than others (Scarlett and Snake Eyes), but after collecting minimates and the transformer kreons, Lego minifigs look way weirder to me, with their triangle shaped torsos. I'm excited for this line, although I can think of a dozen vehicles and figures that already need to be added! :)

What I dislike the most is this being a TRU exclusive. That means I can't but a box of the blind box figures from a retailer online and guarantee getting all of the single figures. I've disliked blind box figures since they removed the extra bar code that allowed you to figure out who was who.

I am so excited for these.

Just got the official photos from Hasbro PR.

http://crimsonmonkey.com/previews/nycc-2012-toys-r-us-exclusive-gi-joe-kre-o-sets/

Dang. I've got to buy that big wacky Cobra vehicle I've never seen before to get Flint? *sighs* In those new pics, this one doesn't look bad:

http://crimsonmonkey.com/files/media/Conventions/NYCC-2012/KreoJoe-Single-3.jpg

But he's the exception where the face is covered, he's wearing a short sleeve shirt so the shoulder issue isn't as problematic, and the clunky forearms are painted to look like wrist bands.

• 4 months later...

These are my first Kre-os so it's a bit new to me. They feel like a cross between Kubricks and Mega Block minifigures. I forgot to grab a Minimate for comparison shots. The blind pack thing is a bit annoying as my purchase of four blind packs resulted in 2 Kamakuras. I guess I'll use him in a future trade for someone I can't find.

It feels like the weapon handles have the same diameter as the LEGO stuff so I'm unsure about compatibility with Minimates. The seem a bit oversized on the Kreon so they may be perfect for Minimates with some Luke-esque handle trimming. Customizers may find uses for the other items.

Without further ado:

post-5-0-63740500-1360957677_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-21871500-1360957691_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-08074300-1360957710_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-55503500-1360957728_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-18185300-1360957755_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-05814400-1360957771_thumb.jpg