UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Board software upgrade

Question about the new board: when replying to a PM, is it possible to see the PM history below your reply while you are typing your reply? Similar to how the 'Topic Summary' shows while you are replying to a thread? Am I just missing a setting?

I kind of miss that feature too. But the fast reply at the bottom is pretty much the same as the full editor. And if you need to still go to the full editor (like to preview message), you can press the 'use full editor' button and it moves all the text you wrote to there.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this problem has been addressed, but when I click on a link it takes the page I'm on to the link and it also opens up a new tab that takes me to the link when I'm using internet explorer. When I use firefox it's fine, I click on a link it opens up a new tab and the page I'm on stays the same.

OK, I've ask privately and given it a few days before posting. Is there anyway to make the line that has the board guidelines and new content link? I'm using Chrome and I've looked on IE and it is very hard to see unless I'm right on the screen. I'm not sure if it was always this light or didn't get changed after the hilarity that was April Fools Day :pinch:

I guess it wasn't that hard to find before the whole recreation. But I'm pretty comfortable with everything right now. It's like living in a house for quite a while and you don't need to turn on the ligths to find places anymore. Same here. I do hit the new content button without really seeing it.

That's great for those of us that know where the button is, but what about the new members or folks who are still getting familiar with the place? I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just asking that it get a tad more visible for those of us that's eye sight isn't what is used to be :P

I'll do it one day.

Its far too little of an issue (and one that only applies to people with monitors set a certain way or certain browsers or something, its far more noticable on some setups I use than others) for me to spend much time on, especially considering how bloody annoying the CSS is (as in if I change that something else will probably turn pink for no discernable reason) also newbies are forced to read the entire guidelines before registering and judging by clicks the sidebars "latest 5 topics" thing gets most of the traffic nowadays anyways rather than any of the myriad other ways of viewing recent posts. (That may be because of the issue you raise, but they are still able to find the topics)

I appreciate its an issue for you, but you're the only one whos raised it, and as you say yourself its not an issue for you as you know they are there and that you are more concerned for those who don't know its there.

Its on the long term list basically.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...