UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scared of breaking

I was wondering on a few mates I have, I have a Eastwood Marty Mcfly I tried taking the head off him, but it didn't want to come off, will I break it if it comes off? I have a few other mates like that one, but fear breaking them, if anyone could lend some information on the parts being removed it would help greatly.

Thanks TT!

They can get tight from time to time. I've had to struggle with a few here and there but never had any break. The head usually goes flying across the room or under my desk at work and I have a scratch fron the head nub, but nothing serious. If it's really difficult I'd suggest putting the figure in a vice and using tweezers, but that may scratch up the figure.

Heads breaking i have never had an issue with. They can be tight and hard to pull off to the point that they just won't budge, or there could be an extra head that will NEVER go on (Dark Magneto), but they don't break.

Leg sockets and knees on the other hand, whoooo boy have i had quite a few of those.

Leg sockets and knees on the other hand, whoooo boy have i had quite a few of those.

And why is it always the hip peg and never the shoulder peg? Exact same size, same material, but I have a pile of legless mates, but none armless. (I suppose I shouldn't complain, the spare legs come in handy for knee replacement pegs)

And why is it always the hip peg and never the shoulder peg? Exact same size, same material, but I have a pile of legless mates, but none armless. (I suppose I shouldn't complain, the spare legs come in handy for knee replacement pegs)

I figure it's the thickness/material of the other plastic. Shoulder-arm sockets are thinner and have more space to move and twist, making it easier to remove. Legs you have to work at and angle and the motion pushes one against the other, tearing the peg.

At least, that's my analysis.

Thanks you guys, I am always worried on breakage happening, I was just thinking a few days ago, that most my minimates are weaker in the legs area, arms always seem to be pretty well attached. I try not to mess with them a whole lot once I have them placed how I like, but after a bit, I find myself changes poses or what not, its hard to keep from bending them around some.

Thanks for all the helpful tips on these minimates, some of them have me worried for breakage wise, but I will try using some of these tips and take it extra careful when handling those ones.

I have only had two minimates break on me in the vast amounts I've got. One was the Battle Damaged Wolverine from the 90 X-Men 4-pack from SDCC (with Jubilee, Bishop, and 80s "M" Magneto). It was the one of the leg pegs shortly after I opened the box, but I fixed it with super glue.

The other was sadly a blue tinted Iceman (from the Target minimates I believe). Again, it was leg related, but actually his knee joint part, but it was somehow fused I found out anyway, causing the break. Again, fixed with super glue, though in his case the knee can't bend anymore.

Still, that a good track record for a toyline unlike some others... (eyeing Mattel)