UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredibly excited to see these hopefully soon. Anybody else here that feels like they just can't wait to get 'em?

I'm with you Mystery Man. Bring on the UMs! Hope these do well enough we get yet another wave after these. Need the Invisible Man and the Phantom of the Opera (Chaney version).

I really hope we get one more batch of 'em with the Invisible Man and Chaney's Phantom too!

Even if we didn't get a direct market and TRU release, but just one or the other. A color version, b&w version of each monster, plus 2 "other" characters. Like Christine and a "Red Death" version for Phantom and a suited version of the Invisible Man (where he's got a fake nose on) and perhaps Flora.

As for the packaging, I think it looks really neat too... but I have to open mine up to pose and display. Right now I've got a Lego Vampyre Castle with everybody around it, plus some other "monster" type characters. The Library Ghost and Titanic Ghost from Ghostbusters, a "Halloween Boy" custom from the book "Dark Harvest", a custom "ghost" made using Jogger Ghost and the thin Scolari brother parts, and others.

Edited by Mystery Man

Well, the ship date update from a couple weeks ago said this would be out today. It seemed odd that they were breaking up this and the Hunchback sets, releasing one in August and one in October. I'll go ahead and guess that was a typo, and this one will still be a couple months.

Edited by Lobsterman

Will try and shoot packaged samples tonight, or at least tell you about the Mummy's back, Mystery Man.

Top of his head is blank, from what I can see. So get started on that hair piece.

Thanks for the info!

-M

Mystery, if you have any extra Ghost Riders, they all have great skull faces

I actually think I've got a perfect hairpiece picked out. :)

I agree with MINI_MYTE and Mystery Man - we really need the Phantom and the Invisible Man. With those two, I can feel like we got a complete set of Monsters. But I'd be cool with anyone else we got after that. :)

I look forward to seeing pics, Zach.

You know, I'd almost rather see Metaluna Mutant as a Minimate than Phantom, if I had to pick just two more characters. I mean, Phantom is great and all, but it would be super neat to have that big, bulbous brain perched atop a block body. And with the level of detail they've been achieving on sculpted pieces recently, I think they would really knock it out of the park.

Edited by Lobsterman

I think Chuck would like to keep doing the line as long as it remains feasible. But he has gone on record as saying Series 2 didn't perform well, and that we'll see how Series 3 does.

I want a Series 4 as much as you all do, so LET'S MAKE SERIES 3 A SUCCESS. Spread the word, post pictures on your blogs, Facebook pages, etc. (I will be doing the same.) Once they hit stores, I'm gonna do a photo contest, I think. Seven movies' worth of Minimates seems like enough. Then I am going to take all of those pictures and send them to everybody everywhere.

Updated the Ship Dates post with the new date on Mummy Minimates, hopefully that will hold. TWO WEEKS! (Removes head, head explodes, everyone is sucked out window onto surface of Mars.)

Okay, here's what you do: send out UM with a bang next year with a four pack containing Invisible Man, Phantom, Metaluna Mutant, and say a Mole Person (or use parts from the Battle Beast to make Tarantula!, which would be totally bitchin'). A nice, satisfying end to the line without feeling like any chips were left on the table.

Regarding release dates, does it look like the TRU wave will be showing up closer to Mummy in a few weeks, or Hunchback in a couple months?

As for the packaging, I think it looks really neat too... but I have to open mine up to pose and display. Right now I've got a Lego Vampyre Castle with everybody around it, plus some other "monster" type characters. The Library Ghost and Titanic Ghost from Ghostbusters, a "Halloween Boy" custom from the book "Dark Harvest", a custom "ghost" made using Jogger Ghost and the thin Scolari brother parts, and others.

That sounds a really cool way to display them - love the lego castle idea. I guess I've never really found the space/inspiration to work out the best way to display them loose to do them justice. However, maybe this new bunch coming out will finally make me try something new with them.

I think Chuck would like to keep doing the line as long as it remains feasible. But he has gone on record as saying Series 2 didn't perform well, and that we'll see how Series 3 does.

I want a Series 4 as much as you all do, so LET'S MAKE SERIES 3 A SUCCESS. Spread the word, post pictures on your blogs, Facebook pages, etc. (I will be doing the same.) Once they hit stores, I'm gonna do a photo contest, I think. Seven movies' worth of Minimates seems like enough. Then I am going to take all of those pictures and send them to everybody everywhere.

Updated the Ship Dates post with the new date on Mummy Minimates, hopefully that will hold. TWO WEEKS! (Removes head, head explodes, everyone is sucked out window onto surface of Mars.)

I plan to buy the poop outta these, just as I have the other releases. I know I've bought at least 3 of the 4-packs each to get the exclusives, as well as at least 4 or at the most 6 of each 2-pack so I could have plenty to customize with (Drac's cape, Creature's legs) or to army build (doctor's and angry villagers). I'll also photobomb the hell outta the DST Facebook page when I get 'em, as I plan on showing off all the monsters I've got with that Lego castle I keep talking about.

I'm bummed out that Mummy won't have any hair on top of his head, but I'm not going to let that get me down about these coming out. I'm incredibly thankful to be getting the Mummy and Hunchback and am excited for when they show up to order.

Okay, here's what you do: send out UM with a bang next year with a four pack containing Invisible Man, Phantom, Metaluna Mutant, and say a Mole Person (or use parts from the Battle Beast to make Tarantula!, which would be totally bitchin'). A nice, satisfying end to the line without feeling like any chips were left on the table.

Man, I agree! At the risk of not getting any non-monster characters, I really think this would be a phenomenal way to go. Give us the last 4 "main" monsters from the classic Universal films. It'd also be nice to get everybody that they've already made in Kubricks, because as much as I love 'em... minimates are far superior!

They could release a direct market color 4-pack and then make either two sets of b&w 2-packs for either TRU or as another exclusive somehow.

That sounds a really cool way to display them - love the lego castle idea. I guess I've never really found the space/inspiration to work out the best way to display them loose to do them justice. However, maybe this new bunch coming out will finally make me try something new with them.

Yeah, the Lego Vamypre Castle looks fantastic with 'em... and I can't wait to get the upcoming Lego Haunted House to do as well. I may even try to flesh stuff out MORE and get a pyramid for the Mummy and put together some kind of lagoon scene for the Creature and a forest for the Wolfman.

This is my favorite line of minimates, no doubt about it.

Just about everything DST has brought out in Minimate form surpasses anything that Medicom has brought out in kubrick form.......I know because I have every blah blah de diddy blah blah

Minimate Universal Monsters would be the exception.

This line cried out for accessories....a lab table.... a coffin...a clear variant Invisible Man....a sarchopagus (maybe we're getting that one?).....a Van de Graaf generator type thingy do whatsit......

....anything to liven things up....

How can we have a Minimate that is called 'Elizabeth' when we don't have one called 'Falcon' ....sorry couldn't help it <_<

TRU likes to celebrate Halloween early, and I have TRU samples but no 4-packs, so I'm thinking sooner rather than later for the 2-packs.

Sarcophagus is in this series, BHM -- sorry no table or coffin. TM2 Dinobot, where'd you get that coffin you gave me? We need to get Luke to carry those. Our Angry Villager came with a great torch and pitchfork, and if we ever make a Phantom, I recently found a great rowboat.

TRU likes to celebrate Halloween early, and I have TRU samples but no 4-packs, so I'm thinking sooner rather than later for the 2-packs.

Sarcophagus is in this series, BHM -- sorry no table or coffin. TM2 Dinobot, where'd you get that coffin you gave me? We need to get Luke to carry those. Our Angry Villager came with a great torch and pitchfork, and if we ever make a Phantom, I recently found a great rowboat.

Is this the type of coffin you mean?

241499827_17d98e0b0a.jpg

They're perfect for most 'mates but Drac just won't fit. I f only it were about half a smidge wider all around and a smoodge deeper.

I suppose scouring ebay for a 'casket' or a 'coffin' may well be a sign of things to come ..... :sad: .....I found this item which may be on the edge of pricey but it certainly looks the ticket http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASKET-PINE-BOX-MINIATURE-1-24-SCALE-G-SCALE-DIORAMA-ACCESSORY-ITEM-/360467516420?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53ed89cc04

Whether it will fit a Minimate ....I'm not sure? Somebody going to get one ?

I would but the guy wants $37 to ship this to the UK .....gravely expensive.

I suppose scouring ebay for a 'casket' or a 'coffin' may well be a sign of things to come ..... :sad: .....I found this item which may be on the edge of pricey but it certainly looks the ticket http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASKET-PINE-BOX-MINIATURE-1-24-SCALE-G-SCALE-DIORAMA-ACCESSORY-ITEM-/360467516420?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53ed89cc04

Whether it will fit a Minimate ....I'm not sure? Somebody going to get one ?

I would but the guy wants $37 to ship this to the UK .....gravely expensive.

I've scoured ebay for years looking for 'mate-sized coffins. So far, the best ones are the Kubrick coffins... which are really expensive. I've got multiples of the Kubrick Monsters, but only one of those nifty coffins. They're just too expensive when ya find 'em. Which is too bad, since they're great! They were also used for a Kill Bill promo... but again, expensive.

There's also a Terminator coffin accessory... much fancier than the wooden box of the other two mentioned above. However, it's got bullet holes painted on the top of it and I'm not ready to plunk down the money for one just to try and paint over them, fail to make it look good, and be stuck with something I don't need and have spent all that dough on one.

That link you sent mentions that the item is "Solid Resin Cast", so I'm unsure if that means it's one piece or if you can open it up. I'm going to write the seller to find out, though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

Edited by Mystery Man

The coffin I used in this shot was a good scale and fit for minimates (including Dracula). Got it from minijeff who obtained a couple from one of the American forum members. If memory serves correctly, they bought a bunch from Target around Halloween time. All of them were originally clear plastic and were painted quite nicely. Hope this helps.

th_Takeastab.png

Yeah, the Lego Vamypre Castle looks fantastic with 'em... and I can't wait to get the upcoming Lego Haunted House to do as well. I may even try to flesh stuff out MORE and get a pyramid for the Mummy and put together some kind of lagoon scene for the Creature and a forest for the Wolfman.

This is my favorite line of minimates, no doubt about it.

This is one of the reasons why being a member of this board is such a great thing. I didn't even know about the lego stuff so thanks for the ideas. :thumbsup: Assuming they are available in the uk I will have to investigate them.

Oh and these are my second favourite line of minimates. They are great but nothing beats 616 marvel for me.

The coffin I used in this shot was a good scale and fit for minimates (including Dracula). Got it from minijeff who obtained a couple from one of the American forum members. If memory serves correctly, they bought a bunch from Target around Halloween time. All of them were originally clear plastic and were painted quite nicely. Hope this helps.

th_Takeastab.png

Yeah, that was my handiwork. I've gotten really good with faux wood lately. I think I may still have 1 or 2 coffins laying around if anyone needs one.