UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Thread

NerdyTrev

I went to buy it after my classes ended, but the nearest store was out and it was already 9, so I could go to the other one. I'll now have to wait until tomorrow...

Question: How many maps are there to free roam? I didn't see any trailers (I do that with all games I want to buy) nor did I read any in-depth interviews and such.

First of all, love the idea for the thread, secondly, this should be in the video game section so if a mod could move it that'd be great.

I have been loving this game so far and have been live streaming all my progress, all my streams are archived on my twitch chanel.

I will be streaming tonight, my plan is to platinum this game, so I'll be playing it quite a lot over the next few weeks

They do tend to get a bit too 'big', don't they. I'd like it if each game was based on a 'family' - like Avengers got it's own game, x-men, spider-verse, etc...

But that's not going to happen, and they're still fun - so TAKE MY MONEY!

While I do think Lego Marvel got a little bit dragged on around the endgame, the story was a lot of fun and provided a lot of cool characters, this game seems to be a lot more tight, having everything much more controlled meaning you dont get too bored trying to find everything.

Started playing this game with my son yesterday. love it so far, trying to figure some stuff out. I'm getting turned around and lose track of whats going on ,moreso than the other lego games. The main thing my son (he's 5) like to do is change into 1000 different characters a minute, its his favorite part, pllus the character creator. My question for anyone to answer is: where is the character creator? and How/where/when can I unlock/buy/use the figures that we've unlocked so far (about 12) that are still blacked out?

thanks for the help!

I do love the knew suit wheels for guys like batman, robin, cyborg, lex luthor, and the joker. It was a main annoyance for me to have to find one of those specialty suit changers in batman 2, so i'm very happy to be able to change on the fly. Speaking of fly, I think the best thing so far is that guys like batman and lex luthor can fly now. i didnt use bats a lot in the last one and usually picked supes, for flying and lasers etc... I'm only about 10% into the game and I love it (despite being lost , lol) I may end up getting a guide book, which i havent done in probably 10 years. I don't want to spoil too much, but man there are some wicked cool characters!

Started playing this game with my son yesterday. love it so far, trying to figure some stuff out. I'm getting turned around and lose track of whats going on ,moreso than the other lego games. The main thing my son (he's 5) like to do is change into 1000 different characters a minute, its his favorite part, pllus the character creator. My question for anyone to answer is: where is the character creator? and How/where/when can I unlock/buy/use the figures that we've unlocked so far (about 12) that are still blacked out?

thanks for the help!

I do love the knew suit wheels for guys like batman, robin, cyborg, lex luthor, and the joker. It was a main annoyance for me to have to find one of those specialty suit changers in batman 2, so i'm very happy to be able to change on the fly. Speaking of fly, I think the best thing so far is that guys like batman and lex luthor can fly now. i didnt use bats a lot in the last one and usually picked supes, for flying and lasers etc... I'm only about 10% into the game and I love it (despite being lost , lol) I may end up getting a guide book, which i havent done in probably 10 years. I don't want to spoil too much, but man there are some wicked cool characters!

I would advise not getting a guide book. Part of the reason I love lego games is because of the problem solving. Also this thread is built to help people with any problems they may have in the game. If you have any question Nervous Rex, feel free to ask, I know I can probably help!

Edited by NerdyTrev

thanks for the help!

The character creator is in the Watchtower Laboratory and there might be one also in the Batcave, I haven't explored enough to remember where everything is.

You can start buying characters a believe after the 7th level......i read it online somewhere.....you will also find switches in the Watchtower that allow you go access "Super Freeplay Mode", which is available in the Hub sections of the game (this just allows you to select characters by holding the switch character button)..nothing new, i think they just decided to give it a name. Once you find the switches is when you can buy the characters, at least this is what I found to be true.

Word of advice though, I would hold onto all the studs you can so that you can purchase the red brick stud multipliers. Apparently the multipliers are in the first 5 levels of the game ad can be found by Plastic Man. Stud Multipliers cost between 1 and 5 million studs and it is looking like some of the characters are quite expensive. I think Doomsday is 1.5 million. So I mistakenly bought a few characters and now I have to farm a bit to get enough to buy the red bricks.

My brother and I are about half of the way through this, and while it's a fun game, I don't think it's as as good as Marvel. The removal of the map in the overworld sections is particularly frustrating. I also wish there were someway to turn off Conan. He just says the exact same things over and over again.

The Arrow and Bizarro packs are part of the season pass but the female hero and villain pack will be free to all players, which means there will still be one more paid for dlc pack

Edited by undeadpool

Nessex if you don't know how to download the DLC, it's simple:

At the menu before you download a file, there is an option to the right of the screen that says 'Add-On's' it will advert you to the system's store. There, you will be able to enter the DLC code and freely download any DLC for the game you may have entered a code for.

Hope this helps!