UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

karamazov80

Announced at Comic Con. I reckon it deserves it's own thread. Snyder announced it, apparently Goyer will be writing again, so those who enjoyed Man of Steel (sadly not I) have something to be excited about. Looks like this will happen in Man of Steel 2.

From Sideshow Freaks:

devincf: Zack Snyder on stage. Here comes the DC movie news. #SDCC

EricVespe: "It's official. We are going to make another Superman movie." -Zack

EricVespe: Harry Lennix , from Man of Steel, has a better voice than Zack, he said. He's about to read something.

devincf: They intro the Batman/Superman movie using Bruce's "Remember my hand on your throat" line from THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. #SDCC

Silas Lesnick: "I want you to remember Clark," he says, "In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

9igJj5H.jpg

Edited by Lurch77

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the comics I can believe that Batman can handle Superman, at least to a certain degree and as long as kryptonite is involved. But Man of Steel so successfully showed the godlike power of Superman in a somewhat realistic setting that it's going to be very tough to make Batman a credible threat without diminishing Superman.

Like i said in the chatroom batman will act as a government agent. Since it a vs movie (Snyder said that) batman will try to take down supes seeing him as a threat Luthor will act as the man pulling the strings and being the head of this whole initiative. By the end bats will see that supes isn't zod and will decide to form the jl.

ya i dont think batman will be a government agent, ever, thats like the opposite of his character

I am super excited, im hoping the batman we see is very DKR-esque and judging from the symbol, it looks like it will be

so my top choice is Ron Perlman for Batman fuck ya!

ya i dont think batman will be a government agent, ever, thats like the opposite of his character

I am super excited, im hoping the batman we see is very DKR-esque and judging from the symbol, it looks like it will be

so my top choice is Ron Perlman for Batman fuck ya!

Not exactly a govenment agent, i meant someone who will try to take down supes because he sees him as a threat. And while the whole government agent thing is not his character maybe the he works with luthor (since luthor will def try to make supes look bad due to all the destruction) in the beggining but towards the end he teams up with supes. I can't really think of another way to make this a VS movie and still make sense. You can't just have batman be: i'm paranoid and i'm here to stop you, right now, out of the blue. Like, i just saw you but i have to take you down.

Also, Snyder said they won't adapt the DKR storyline. It'll be a versus movie and they'll take some cues from tdkr but it won't be a translation of the graphic novel to the big screen.

Edited by Kostisfire

Well, I think there was one very convincing portrayal of this in Kingdom Come. . .but he turned Gotham into a police state of which he was the ruler. laugh.png Edited by karamazov80

I can image something the other way around as in Dark Knight Returns. Supes somehow offering to work for/with the government, Bats - remember, he is the clever one of these two - figures out that doesn't turn out that well. The whole instrumentalizing/ gov pet thing. They fight and then they found JL.

That said, DKR is a fantastic comic, but I don't see anything like that work in a movie based on a just recreated universe.

• 1 month later...

so Ben Affleck is Batman....thats where we are...alright...

(this version over the original, because it’s awesomer)

Sorry DC, it’s over... we had fun (er, well we had 'the Dark Knight’ and a bunch of other movies I didn’t really like), but I don’t think I can watch your movies or read your comics anymore. We’ll alway have the Arkham games and Teen Titans Go! though, so you, we’ll still be friends! But I just think Marvel has my best interest in mind right now, while you... well, I just need someone in a better place right now.

I was hoping for a 20-something but they wanted to go older. I'll accept it as a Hollywood "Imaginary Story" as I did Nolan's bat-flicks.

I enjoyed Daredevil (the director's cut MUCH more) and I think Affleck have the skills, the height, and the fanboy background to do the role justice.

I thought the director's cut of Daredevil was a decent film but I don't like this choice at all. I really liked Man of Steel but every decision I've seen from WB since then seems like a desperate attempt to get headlines rather than to build a base that they could seriously compete with Marvel from.

So far, the casting of Affleck has been the only thing that might get my butt in the theater to see this movie. If they cast Bryan Cranston as Luthor as rumored, then it's a done deal.

Agreed. I have thought this a bad idea from the start, but Afflecks casting has me intrigued.

I still think they should go younger for Lex though, even if Cranston would be great in the role.

Dude just shave Clancy Brown and give him a nice suit dammit. Get that guy onscreen as Luthor.

As for Affleck I just wanted to mention how strange it was to cast Beetlejuice in a pointy-eared costume, a gay cowboy as a homicidal clown, and a six foot Australian Broadway heartthrob as a memory challenged metal-boned guy with claws.

If those could work, so can this.