• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

another little update...

yet again, I wanted to improve my Black Canary, so I added an actual jacket piece, which had been cut down. The torso is also changed, to a more accurately cut top.

DSC00113.jpgDSC00112.jpg

Hal Jordan

Not seen one of these before... Repainted Wildcat hairpiece, uniform dress Kirk face (absolutely identical to how Hal has been drawn since Rebirth!). Jacket repainted from Luke Cage.

DSC00102.jpg

I don't really do Marvel customs, with them still being produced n' all, however... these two were v.simple, and definately worth it.

Comic Blob

simple repaint of the movie version... with the boxing gloves made to look like big fat fists!

DSC00107.jpg

Rhino

I love this guy! After getting my hands on a v.cheap Rhino, Ultimate Hulk and Movie Juggernaught... it took v.little time at all. Entirely repainted a slightly darker grey, with the horns brought out in a lighter shade. The boots are also glued on, not have been completely pushed on, giving him even greater height. I made the eyes on his helmet red as well, v.cool!

DSC00108.jpg

bit of height comparison...

DSC00109.jpg

hope y'all enjoy!

Edited by bobafett

I love the Blob Good work!!

The cut down jacket piece for your Black Canary is a very good idea! It works out pretty good and might even be an improvement for the new Storm. And your Rhino is very cool! I feel like I've seen another custom of him with that bulky chest piece and I say it again: this is a mate where that bulky part really wokrs out fine! Well done, bobafett! And your pics also improved!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks again chaps. I certainly see what you mean about Brian Cox, although the only modifications I did to the head was browning up the hair/eyebrows.

here are a few more...

Kid Flash/Impulse

this was a lot of fun to make, aside from all that yellow paint. What we have is mainly a re-paint of the standard Flash's upper body, with a more heavily modified Gambit mask. The headband was cut off, and the wings from the Flash were stuck on. The rest of the mask is simply painted onto a spare Angel head. I couldn't think of an easier way of doing the open-top helmet look.

DSC00121.jpg

Red Arrow/Arsenal

mainly re-painted Green Arrow parts, with the large chest piece removed. The head belonged to a SHIELD agent, and the hair to Transformation Venom's Eddie.

DSC00123.jpg

a 'family' photo...

DSC00124.jpg

Modern Robin (Tim Drake)

ok, so its the most modern Robin that doesn't suck balls (here's looking at you Damian). Wave 2 Robin, with a C3 Batman belt and repainted Superman cape. Tim also has a modified Dick/Nightwing face... with smirk and smaller mask.

DSC00136.jpg

Ganthet

Again, great fun indeed! Doc Brown head, with Yeoman Rand's skirt piece. I cut the arms and legs down, with the feet glued onto the stumps to regain some articulation (I believe he's reduced to about 7/8 points!).

DSC00126.jpg

height comparison...

DSC00127.jpg

Joker's Crew

The Joker sports a fancy new hair style, as well as this year's must have minimate accessory... henchmen! I've wanted to do something like this since I saw thepunisher=D's own Arkham Asylum based goons. I looked at a load of screen shots, and have a couple more of these guys on the way.

DSC00133.jpg

thanks for looking!

thanks for the kind words :biggrin:

Those are perfect man! Glad I could inspire you too. ;)

What kind of paint do use? (looking at the yellow and how clean it is...)

cheers pun... it really was a good idea

my paints are just Citadel Colour from Games Workshop... the yellow is still v.thin/hard to apply, I just tried to be v.patient!

I do remember someone stating on here once, if you add a tiny bit of white to your yellow, it makes all the different texture-wise.

anyway...

firstly, I've given Alan Scott a new hairpiece from Admiral Kirk, to give him a much older/more contemporary comic look.

DSC00163.jpg

Radioactive Man

yeah... I know, no points for originality, but I did already have all the parts laying around spare, so thought it'd be silly not to.

DSC00153.jpg

Bruce Wayne

again, this has been done to death, which is why I never bothered putting a photo up a couple of years ago! Anyway, here he is, quick custom involving Patch and Modern Batman.

DSC00160.jpg

Clark Kent

Along with my Hal, this is the reason Bruce went up! GB1 Egon head, SM3 Peter Parker hair (painted black). The jacket is also from Patch... lucky they're so easy to find.

DSC00159.jpg

Boodikka

Had her laying around half finished for ages. Scarlet Witch hair/helmet piece, I believe the head is a modified Valkyrie. I used one of Gambit's energy pieces to represent her missing hand.

DSC00150.jpg

Darkseid

As 'cute' as the C3 fella is... he was never going to go the distance against Superman. This is a standard 2.5" body, with modified Ares armour, and Kilowog's powerhouse chest piece. The muscle definition is black, and thus difficult to make out... so I added a little light grey/blue to bring it out.

DSC00168.jpg

thanks for looking, hope you enjoy!

Where'd you get the grey arms & legs for Darkseid? That plus his brow headpiece are what have been keeping me from making him bigger...

Ares!

I certainly considered making his head a little more three dimensional, but it certainly works as a standard head. I looked at a lot of pictures, sometimes his grey face area sticks out, sometimes it's the blue area that's raised. I certainly feel the standard head is great... check out Glantern's as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Black Manta

I believe this is Mystery Man's recipe... a Pocket Heroes Black Manta with the shiniest, blackest blank black minimate torso available. The trident is a v.heavily modified Black Manta piece.

DSC00198.jpg

Spider-Man: Friends & Foes

A couple of quick changes... check out the official thread for details!

DSC00196.jpg

hope y'all enjoy!

I love the look of Vultures wings. It looks like thay've been dry burshed or just had a wash put over them so that some of the original colour shows through a little and makes them more textural?

You've even made BD Spiderman look like a decent mate!

Well done!