UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best and Worst Minimates of 2011

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave my two cents.

Each time I try & put my head around doing this & deciding my choices I get a headache...I'm serious.

"No pain, no gain". Remember, it's for the greater good.

The greater good.

Edited by khonshu knight

Votes received so far:

1. MINI-MYTE
  2. Punisher
  3. hellpop
  4. Nessex
  5. Jay Tigran
  6. TM2 Dinobot
  7. Dio
  8. Mirymate
  9. murderofcrows

Sadly, there's a leettle Marvel bias in my votes... I know huge surprise right? May have a heart attack and die from that surprise.

Just take a deep breath, Rob, and pick the mates that disappointed/bothered you the least. Oh and try taking one Ibueprofen and one acetiminephen each. (or more, but keep it a 1:1 ratio) Works real well for headaches and since each is filtered by a different organ, causes less stress on the system then say a handful of Ibueprofen. Tip my PA brother gave me.

Also, 2000 members and only 9 votes... not the kind of sampling likely to get DST's attention.

I didn't particularly want to go public but my typing is so slow & my organisation so bad I had little choice but to do it in the following manner & add to it eventually in the next 48hrs...hope that's OK. Yes I have made some comments ....I wanted to !

BEST MINIMATE (top 3 choices) Stormbreaker Bill,C.A. single pack Red Skull,RGB's Buster the Logo.

WORST MINIMATE (top 3 choices) Elektra,Iron Fist & Bigtime Spidey ...not awful just why?

BEST ACCESSORY (top 3 choices)

WORST ACCESSORY (top 3 choices)

BEST ACCESSORIZED MINIMATE (top 3 choices)

BEST WAVE OR BOXED SET (top 1 choice) Stormbreakers

WORST WAVE OR BOXED SET (top 1 choice) X-Men First Class

BIGGEST SLEEPER- "Didn't see that one coming" - unexpectedly good, an unsung hero (top 3 choices) Buster the Logo Ghost,

BEST VARIANT- not just a labeled variant, but an alternate version of a previously released figure (top 1 choice) Wave 41 Hulk

WORST VARIANT- not just a labeled variant, but an alternate version of a previously released figure (top 1 choice) Nightcrawler ....not awful but again why ?

SEXIEST MINIMATE - male, female, robot or other (top 3 choices) Dawn,Tarot,Lady Death

UGLIEST / SCARIEST MINIMATE * (top 3 choices)

FAVORITE TOYS R US or CON EXCLUSIVE* - that particularly more challenging minimate to obtain (top 3 choices)

....not listed but the 4 bagged Max figures,tough to get the set.

BEST FACIAL EXPRESSION- That particular minimate face you thought was hilarious or just darn right perfect for that particular character (top 3 choices)

BEST HAIRPIECE (top 3 choices)

BEST MINIMATE VEHICLE (top 1 choice)

BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT (BEST VIDEO GAME MINIMATE)- This year there was a slew of video game based mates and what better time to resurrect this category (top 3 choices)

* New categories for 2011

Edited by buttheadsmate

I didn't particularly want to go public but my typing is so slow & my organisation so bad I had little choice but to do it in the following manner & add to it eventually in the next 48hrs...hope that's OK. Yes I have made some comments ....I wanted to !

S'Okay, BHM, like getting a discount on the early bird special, age should have some privlages.

There should be only one option for "Worst Variant", X-Force Wolvy. The phrasing on that category was designed explicitly for him!

OMG! how did i NOT vote for him?????

I think there are going to be several Logans nominated in the worst variant category. Danger Room Wolverine was possibly the lamest variant ever released. Between him & X-Force Wolverine 2, it's been a grim year for Jimmie.

There should be only one option for "Worst Variant", X-Force Wolvy. The phrasing on that category was designed explicitly for him!

OMG! how did i NOT vote for him?????

I think there are going to be several Logans nominated in the worst variant category. Danger Room Wolverine was possibly the lamest variant ever released. Between him & X-Force Wolverine 2, it's been a grim year for Jimmie.

wolverine-crying-animated-spray-5795_preview.png

I actually kind of like Danger Room Wolvie. I like Battle Ravaged Wolvie more, but. . .you can choose which battle damaged suit you want on Wolvie this way. But Bird Man movie from the X-Force set. . .yeah, not digging that.

The votes have bee coming in fast and furious this weekend. It's great to see everybody's favorites (and not so favorites). Choices are all over the map. Yes, there are a few mates that are leading the way in their respective categories, but if history repeats itself like last year, it's still anybody's game. I predict it's going to go down to the wire again. Keep 'em coming people.

:thumbsup:

Question: The Angry Villager's Hair/Hat, is that a Best Accessory and Best Hairpiece? or what about Arthur's Helmet?

There should definitely be a "Best 2 Pack Category", where the heck is that? Fantomex and Mr Negative Vs Zombie Biker and Surgeon, maybe Frankenstein and Dracula B+W.

I don't really have opinions on Worst for the most part, or Ugliest. Which MMs do people dislike?

Best Mini is very difficult also, so many Marvels,RGB Stay Puft,Universal Monsters

Lastly i wanted to show some love for WAVE 41 Hulk's Facial Expression-which i switched with MarvelCapcom Hulk's Body

and WAVE 39 Agent Coulson for Best HairPiece and

ANGRY VILLAGER for everything Best Hat/Hairpiece, Accessory, Sleeper Sexy

Edited by WookieFodder

Question: The Angry Villager's Hair/Hat, is that a Best Accessory and Best Hairpiece? or what about Arthur's Helmet?

There should definitely be a "Best 2 Pack Category", where the heck is that? Fantomex and Mr Negative Vs Zombie Biker and Surgeon, maybe Frankenstein and Dracula B+W.

I don't really have opinions on Worst for the most part, or Ugliest. Which MMs do people dislike?

Best Mini is very difficult also, so many Marvels,RGB Stay Puft,Universal Monsters

Lastly i wanted to show some love for WAVE 41 Hulk's Facial Expression-which i switched with MarvelCapcom Hulk's Body

and WAVE 39 Agent Coulson for Best HairPiece and

ANGRY VILLAGER for everything Best Hat/Hairpiece, Accessory, Sleeper Sexy

The categories are set in stone and will remain as is due to all the votes that have been received so. The categories are based off of pre-existing ones that have been around since the best and worst started (I believe) in 2006. The categories are designed to bring individual attention to individual mates. Groups or pairings can be voted on in Best or Worst boxed sets / Waves.

And yes, Angry Villager's hat is eligible for best hairpiece category. I have received a few votes already for Galactus' head gear.