UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego collectible minifigures coming June 2010

MINI_MYTE

A box of Wave 2 hit my TRU this weekend, and after never seeing Wave 1 and not buying LEGOs is years, i picked up two with the sole intention of getting the Mime and the Pharoah; i LOVED the old Universal/Johnny Thunder Egyptian sets, and cherish my lil' dead Egyptian Kings, so he was a must as soon as i saw him (the staff is a bonus), and the Mime is unbelievably adorable.

Well i picked up two packets, without my printable list handy. I got home and opened one; The Ringmaster. Meh, okay he's cheesy and cool in a weird, 1920s/1930s "railroad-track" villain sort-of-way. But i made sure i prayed to God, literally, befor i opened the second (i want to buy as little of these as possible and not get addicted to the expensive world that is LEGO again. Like my little cousin...who is now a Minimates fan. :lol:). Well i opened it.

I GOT THE MIME!! :biggrin: i LOVE him so much, especially with the sad face, weirdly. I can't put the little guy down, and am beyond happy with him. I'm going to try agan tomorrow (if any packets are left :rolleyes:) for the Pharaoh, with my list, and for the Vampire as well.

Addiction, here i come...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to chicago like 3 weeks ago and I went to the lego museum and got the singer{or pamela anderson as tm2 said}I got the cop and the vampire.I really wanted the vampire and I really like him,but I don't know how to put on the cape thingy any help?

I know i'll forget with school, but if i remember this weekend, i'll post a few pics. It's a lot easier than trying to explain.

Went back yesterday, with my sheet, and after a few minutes i found my Pharaoh and Vampire. :) i also picked up a random one, cause blindbagging IS fun, and got the only other major want i had; the Karate Master. :lol:

Yes...i wanted him just for the trophies...sue me...

Also, in contrary to posts here, my TRU Employees were anything but upset with the list. In fact, she saw i and actually asked, and started, HELPING ME find them, sorting through the 30+ baggies. :)

I grabbed 1 today, and after feeling up the baggies for about ten minutes trying to find the Spartan's spear (that sounds SO wrong), I gave up and picked one. I ended up with the cop, he's OK, but I don't collect lego figs so I could take it or leave it. Now, if I had this with me it would have been a bit easier

post-560-1284517571_thumb.jpg

BAR CODES FOR SERIES 2

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

I picked up a wave 1 pack and a wave 2 pack (plus a LEGO Space astronaut keyring, being a 70s LEGO kid) from the LEGO Discovery store in Berlin a couple of days ago. Ended up with a wave 1 Ninja (he'll go well with my Prince of Persia set) and a wave 2 Explorer (he'll go well with POP or Indy). They were both towards the top of the list for my wants so very happy with that.

MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Must-buy for me. Him and a few snowboarders...

I really don't like the look of this wave...it looks too "themed;" how many Sports Minifigs are in this Series?!?!?! Pretty much HALF. I know City has its fans...but seriously...the diversity in this line is what was selling it, not themes. My Spider-sense is tingling on this one...

Not sure if anyone else has done this but if you have a bar code reader on your iPhone scan the second bar code on the packs, the one with no numbers, this will tell you what is in the pack. I was able to get all 16 of the second series at Target. These were located in the Halloween section for some odd reason.

I really like the Elf and the Samurai, the rest seem a bit meh.

Second, though I also like the look of the Mummy.

Agreed that the selection is too sports/leisure based.

Personally I'd like a nice blend of "realistic", "warrior" and "supernatural" style characters. I'd love to have one of each "warrior class" (Knight, Samurai, Ninja, Pirate etc.), especally ones like the Spartan that were never around when I was a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I never even knew of wave one until wave two came out.

I have nothing from wave one.

From wave two I have: 1 Lifegaurd, 2 Surfer Dudes, 1 Snow skier, 1 Vampire, 1 Witch, 2 Ringmasters, 1 Weightlifter, 1 Mexican, 2 Pharohs and 1 Spartan. I had a second Vampire but I gave him to a friend who is really into vampires and who was just in a stage production of Dracula.

I really never had real Legos as a child but I enjoy them as an adult and I got the mini figures really to use the bases for my Minimates.

I am in Central Illinois and I have having a hard time finding the minifigures because I can only get to one TRU to find them and they are generally always out when I do get there. I got five of mine online.

I was hoping to get mime and then I will be done with my wants from this second wave. I am so hoping for the third wave as the mummy and gorilla look GREAT.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...