UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Pass. Spiderman should never try and be Batman. There are some amazing deep Spidey stories, but whenever he goes "Dark" (there's a difference between deep and dark) he ends up either jazz dancing or getting his eye pulled out and eaten. "The untold story"? Please. You're retelling his origin. I doubt there's a child in the world who doesn't know that story.

*SIGH* I miss the Spectacular Spiderman.

I agree with TM2 so all I can say is meh. Still hate the costume and he shouldn't be a dark character unless the symbiote is involved. Still won't watch it. I'm negative about only a few things...this movie being one and Kang infiltrating EVERY single thread on this board.

Edit: Dammit!!!!

Edited by Webhead

So f*ckin' cool.

This looks bad @$$! The 'X-Men: First Class' of 2012?

know exactly what you mean, flown pretty much entirely under the radar, save for a dash of indifference and a sprinkle of foaming computer chair bound fanboys. A few months before the release, BAM! a trailer like that.

damn sexy, and such a great cast... cannot wait.

I'm not getting why its dark, fellas. A lot of the trailer action is at night, sure, but in terms of tone? I don't know about that.

It's interesting........there's so much i do hate, but i feel like i want to like half of it too.

I do enjoy the much "grander scale" this one seems to be filmed on, and it does somehow feel more "real" than the previous Spidey films, though maybe that's the main problem with making it feel darker??? At least this Pete seems to be wittier. And that scene with Captain Stacey was pretty great.

The costume is still horrible, i don't like Emma Stone as Gwen (well, i don't like Emma Stone, but that's a different point), and i HATE that they're using that silly "My parents were CIA" plot that never should have been a comics thing ever. If i can get past those few things (and Garfield's hair) then i'm sure i'll enjoy part of it.

I don't know about how dark it feels, but it does feel like there are some ominous overtones, and that there is conflict and suspense hanging thick in the air--from Stacey's dad, Spidey's relationship with the police, Spidey's investigation into his own parents' history, his problems at school, the problems with Dr. Connors, and of course, his love life and newfound powers and responsibilities broadly speaking. So no, it doesn't feel like a light romp. But that's not what I want from a Spider-Man movie. Spidey is a teenager, with even more issues than most! If his situation is gonna be realistic and believable, it's not gonna be a pleasant or easy experience for him.

Nope. Pass. Spiderman should never try and be Batman. There are some amazing deep Spidey stories, but whenever he goes "Dark" (there's a difference between deep and dark) he ends up either jazz dancing or getting his eye pulled out and eaten. "The untold story"? Please. You're retelling his origin. I doubt there's a child in the world who doesn't know that story.

*SIGH* I miss the Spectacular Spiderman.

130625938848.jpg

And YES, I searched out a Pony meme just for you :biggrin:

I keep saying I'm on the fence and optimistic... Now I'm on the side of "Yep. I'm seein this. Opening weekend. I'm f**king there."

Does it look OMGINCREDIBLEHELLYES! No. Not really... But I think it looks to be an overall better film than Spider-Man 1 which, to me, holds up only as my introduction to superheroes. Otherwise it's just okay. Spider-Man was just an okay Spider-Man in the old one. This one looks like it's trying a lot harder on the snarky lil f**ker that Spider-Man is. Spider-Man was not funny in the first one. His delivery was poor and the jokes they gave him kinda sucked. This Spider-Man seems more in the spirit of the comic book Spider-Man. The rest of the movie's stuff looks a little bit darker than I'd want, but if it delivers on Spider-Man himself more than Rami's films did then I'll be pleased.

Chalk me up as ready. Give me an Amazing Spider-Man.

I still find myself asking WHY? Keep the series going as it was, find other actors if necessary and bring in some more villians. Why do a complete reboot? I just don't get it. I hope they don't reboot the current Batman movies after the trilogy ends.

I for one have been excited from the start at this trailer just raised my already high expectations.I loved the whole tension between peter and Stacey's dad,I love how spidey is a wise ass,I do like(although I could see why people wouldn't) that Gwen knows Pete is spidey,well I can go on and on of things I like,but what I am sort of confused about is why is he leaving Giant spider paintings around the city?

I still find myself asking WHY? Keep the series going as it was, find other actors if necessary and bring in some more villians. Why do a complete reboot? I just don't get it. I hope they don't reboot the current Batman movies after the trilogy ends.

If Nolan ends this film the way i suspect he will, they're kind of going to have to re-re-boot it to make more :P

I actually don't know anything about who his parents were meant to be; his relationship with Gwens father; or the Origin of the Lizard.

I know he was bitten by a radio-active spider & raised by his uncle and aunt, but that's it. As a non-reader of Spider-Man comics, this looks like a pretty good introduction to me (the non-fan, casual movie fan type).

Edited by Nessex

I think they wanted to explore the teenage Spidey stories a bit more, and that ship had sailed in the Raimi-verse.

I honestly don't like the eyes in the movie. They are too dark and should be lighter. I would still hate the costume but not as much.

The Amazing Spider-Man costume is really growing on me... But I think it's coming from the fact that I just really like what I've seen of this Spider-Man so far. This'll be one I am... surprisingly enough... looking forward to. Which is amazing considering the GIANT rant I posted about it before...

I am swallowing my disgust at the design, since everything else in the trailer works so darn well. Spidey as a wise-ass... as it should be. McGuire never sounded comfortable with that side of the role, and it was the biggest flaw in his portrayal.

That trailer looks really good! It looks like this movie will fix a lot of the problems I had with the Raimi movies. I keep going back and forth on his costume, though. What really bothers me the most is just how they've done the eyes. I like Spidey to have big white eyes, not these dark yellowish ones. I guess that'a pretty small complaint overall though. I think the actors will be great, the story seems interesting, and Lizard could be pretty cool. It also seems like part of what drives Peter is his guilt over helping to create the Lizard and not just guilt over Unlce Ben. I'm not sure his origin needed to be retold, but the Raimi-verse had too many problems or missed opportunities to continue. I've got good feelings about Amazing Spider-Man

• 2 months later...