UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Hot Toys IronMan

mabait1020

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy keeps posting great new pics on his blog. Face sculpt is looking fantastic. To Shanester, I'm not completely sure that he doesn't come with an alternate, undamaged face-mask. In some of these pics, they are clearly undamaged, and you can see that he has a removable chest plate--one far more damaged than the other. But these could be early shots prior to the final decision not to include such a mask or some such thing. We will probably have to wait for HT's official listing on their website to know one way or the other (I would guess that will come in the next couple weeks or so).

post-1827-1251833054_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251833061_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251833067_thumb.jpg

Guy keeps posting great new pics on his blog. Face sculpt is looking fantastic. To Shanester, I'm not completely sure that he doesn't come with an alternate, undamaged face-mask. In some of these pics, they are clearly undamaged, and you can see that he has a removable chest plate--one far more damaged than the other. But these could be early shots prior to the final decision not to include such a mask or some such thing. We will probably have to wait for HT's official listing on their website to know one way or the other (I would guess that will come in the next couple weeks or so).

post-1827-1251833054_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251833061_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251833067_thumb.jpg

I've seen some pics, and this IM comes with a couple of different chestplates, clean and damaged, and a couple heads, and multiple hands

I've only seen the extra, crushed head posted above, unless he comes with one head with removable face-plate and the other one is the more typical helmeted head without the removable plate. Do you have a link to extra pics, Doc?

I've only seen the extra, crushed head posted above, unless he comes with one head with removable face-plate and the other one is the more typical helmeted head without the removable plate. Do you have a link to extra pics, Doc?

bdIM.jpg

OK, I actually posted that same one earlier. I have assumed that is a single head in 2 different forms. I hope it is 2 different ones, however. If so, that means 1 is probably "clean." Unless, of course, the one showing his face is sculpted opened like that.

*covers eyes/ears* LALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALA NOT LOOKING OR LISTENING!!!

I can't afford one (I'm officially on a sell to spend toy budget right now!) and I have been avoiding looking at this one because I know that I want/need one...

You people are EVIL you hear me EVIL!!!!

T.

Not bad advice. Also, true story, two houses on my street (including my next door neighbor) had their houses broken into in the last week. I can only assume the thieves were 1/6 scale figure collectors who had fallen on hard times and desperately needed to get money into their bank account for the Sideshow Cobra Trooper when their waitlist converts.

Thievery and skullduggery are always options.

Edited by karamazov80

I got my Mark I in the mail yesterday, and he is absolutely amazing. I would take a bunch of pictures of him, but I only have my crappy cell phone camera right now, and others have taken better pictures elsewhere. But I had to take one picture of him cradling a Mark I minimate:

Mark1.jpg

I wonder if Hot Toys is working on an Iron Monger?

I wonder if Hot Toys is working on an Iron Monger?

<Higgins> Good God, Magnum </Higgins> a 1/6 scale Iron Monger? Considering how much larger the figure would have to be, you would need to take out a bank loan to afford one. That or sell a kidney... I mean people can survive with only one, right?

The guy who posted those pics above recently said that the Battle Damaged Mark III will be the last Iron Man I figure. Next, Mark IV, Whiplash, and War Machine are due. So, I wouldn't bank on getting an Iron Monger. Supposedly Hot Toys had previously said that it just wasn't feasible, though I don't know if this was due to technical limitations or cost.

However, some company was working on a non-licensed version to fill the gap that Hot Toys is leaving here, but when Marvel found out, their website was shut down:

post-1827-1251986854_thumb.jpg

OK. This clarifies things a bit more. Doc was right about 2 heads apparently. This is essentially a DX version of Iron Man without the moving eyes. Very cool, though his face doesn't look so great now that we can see it from different angles.

post-1827-1252008863_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1252008876_thumb.jpg

I just got all the HT Ironman series .....

Didnt manage to take the picture for the Mark II ...

anyone knows when HT is going to release the BD Ironman?

post-3218-1252657668_thumb.jpg

post-3218-1252657686_thumb.jpg

post-3218-1252657698_thumb.jpg

post-3218-1252657740_thumb.jpg

Don't know yet, but I would guess early/mid next year. Probably around March or April.

It's official @ HT Website.

Release Q1 2010 ... i believe they will release before the Chinese New Year .... just like this year :)

My GoHastings order came in the mail today. Not overly impressed with this guy, to be honest. The paint on the Minimate is nicer, and he feels fairly light and fragile. I'm kind of afraid to do much with him, because it feels like something might break if I do. For example, the elbow armor pieces seem glued on, but you can't bend the elbow very far with it in place, so one popped off pretty quickly. The light-up feature on the chest and eyes is kind of underwhelming, but the repulsor ray lights in his hands could blind you. The head can really only move from side to side, so you can't do his famous "punching the ground" pose, I don't think (not even sure if the body could do that, anyway).

Having said all that, a nice figure. The Tony Stark head is pretty nice, 3 sets of hands, and he does look quite nice of course. When the sun shines on his paint, you can see little flakes like on a car. Mine has a little baby.

DSCN1742-1.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg

Minimate is still better, though :D

Edited by karamazov80

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen that animation before. It is good even watching again. The same guy does one with a transforming General Lee which is also great. I'm not the biggest TF fan but I would go for a Transformers General Lee model.

Sorry to derail the thread a little.

• 3 months later...