UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

All-New All-Different Marvel Now! (Post Secret Wars)

undeadpool

So if you've been keeping up with Marvel then you may have heard that when Secret Wars comes to its close, the MU will take place 8 months after the end of SW, and I for one am hella hyped! And these new teasers are just getting me even more pumped!

MMxjL7j.jpg

SpiderGwen, Agent Coulson, Spider Woman, Black Panther, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Spiderman (Peter Parker), Steve Rogers, Ironman (Unknown), Thor , Antman (Scott Lang), The Vision, Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan), Red Wolf, Spiderman (Miles Morales)

k9wyaTb.jpg

Doctor Spectrum, Citizen V, The Thing, Rocket Raccoon, Karnak, Hyperion, Inferno, Ironman again, Medusa, Daredevil, Wolverine (X-23), Starlord, Doctor Strange, Oldman Logan

You guys can complain all you want but there isnt a character here im not excited to read about tongue.png

Edited by undeadpool

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - i am kinda fine with the idea of X-23 taking up the Mantle of Wolverine. It was to be expected after his death & she's the best candidate of the Wolverines 'remaining'.

Not terribly happy about the Old Man Logan bit. His story had a great beginning middle and end... and his plight is kind of pointless if he is re-introduced into a world where we still have the X-Men. Or - perhaps we don't? O'm not seeing a lot of them here and assumed that it was just that Marvel didn't want to push people they didn't have film rights to - but perhaps they don't survive Battleworld?

I'm super stoked at the idea of more Medusa. If we can get Medusa & Citizen V minimates - i say Bring on the ANAD Marvel biggrin.png

Edited by Nessex

I dont think this is the last of the teasers so I expect to see more X-men and F4 characters, the film rights haven't really stopped Marvel from pushing their stories, as much as people weirdly want us to believe.

I'm very excited for most of this, except Darkdevil. I think it is all progressive and intriguing.

Now, as for Old Man Logan, I'll say this about that: it could be really interesting to see him get a second chance, and it could be a good way to get a grim Logan back. So much had happened in James Howlett's life to lead him down a dark path, but Xavier gave him a home and the X-Men gave him love. He was whole before he died.

Old Man Logan lost all of that and was all but defeated. He fought back, and won, but that didn't get him any of his peace - or friends - back. Now here he'll stand alongside young mutants and have a chance to nudge them in the right direction while also having motivation enough to not be out picking fights with Sabertooth or whomever. I like it. I want to see him play off of Old Man Rogers.

V, Dr StrAxe, ANAD Iron Man, and Red Wolf are the characters I'm MOST intrigued by, beyond the Wolverines, so far.

And we need a Medusa who has three hairpieces - one based off of this image that is half cocoon, one that acts as a stand, and one that is actively reaching out with a tendril wrapped so as to fit around another figure's waist or wrist

To be honest, nothing here really seems incredibly different from what Marvel was doing before Secret Wars. Not that that's a bad thing, per say, since I was enjoying several books they were putting out. The images here don't really scream "All-New All-Different" to me, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the actual books are like when they hit. I'm cautiously optimistic.

So - IronMan is going to be the linchpin that holds this universe together? I'm only guessing as he's the only person that is the same in both promo images?

So it would seem that the Guardians are getting stuck with Thing. I suppose this means that Venom will be going back to being evil. I hope there is still a chance to get X-23's All New X-Men uniform figure instead of the Wolverine re-hash suit. It is interesting to see Red Wolf in that line-up and if we do eventually get a figure of him hopefully he'll come with parts to create his classic look as well. I wonder if Citizen V will be Citizen V or a reformed Zemo from an alternate universe? Finally Iron Man. Really? With all the designs from 2099 to Armor Wars that is the armor going forward? I know that they're trying to migrate MCU designs into the comics but this "Newborn Vision with faceplate" armor has to be a joke.

Overall I don't really see much there to get excited about, in terms of comics, I'm always happy to get new minimates so I guess the money I've been spending on the comics can go toward figures instead.

Besides Cheese, Iron whatthe?-Man and Old Man Rogers (why can't he just die already?!) I'm liking everything else. I'm especially intrigued by Citizen V and Doc Spectrum (maybe the rest of the Society somehow makes a comeback?).

PS: Watch as we get a Red Wolf minimate before Mr. Knight.....

You all know that Mr.Downey.Jr is 50 whilst the 'aging' Jackman is 46 ? dry.png

You know that Logan isn't supposed to age while Tony Stark does, right?

And it's not just the years, it's the mileage. Jackman's put a lot of effort into his physique. Downey... not so much.

Well, at least Marvel is good about keeping their back catalog in print, because based on those promos I'm probably done buying new Marvel comics.

goodpost.gif Same with me.

I got the unlimited app when it was free last month and it's amazing. I can read pretty much anything I want for ten bucks a month. I've been filling in tons of blind spots. I can cherry pick new stuff if something sounds good while avoiding events like this. Works for me!

I havent bought marvel books since the butt fest that dark reign was and it only got more ridiculous from there. I am reading all the back issues of ghost rider right now and Im considering trying their online comic service. Anyone have anything good to say about it?

The serice or the books?

The online service WAS amazing when I had it. I dont know if you saw, but once they released 700 free first issues and whole mini-series'.

So many people downloading, it crashed Marvel completely

Marvel has been publishing some good comics. Much better then most of the stuff DC has been doing. However, I can't say either of those images particularly excites me. But, then again, my reading habits have changed since I stopped reading monthly comics. Since I'm reading things so far behind the release date, I don't really care much about the impact of the universe as I do the quality of the story and the creators involved. I enjoyed She-Hulk much more then any of Hickman's Avengers comics, for example.

I got the unlimited app when it was free last month and it's amazing. I can read pretty much anything I want for ten bucks a month. I've been filling in tons of blind spots. I can cherry pick new stuff if something sounds good while avoiding events like this. Works for me!

I can honestly say that the yearly subscription to Unlimited has saved me a ton of money. I've stopped purchasing some titles, allowed some subscriptions to expire and almost completely stopped buying digital Marvel titles as a result of the available catalog. It's been a good way to stay semi up to date with the newer stuff I've enjoyed (Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, etc) while not having to shell out $4-5 per book. Aside from Ultimate Spider-Man and Amazing, I've pretty much dropped all the other Marvel titles in favor of reading them later.

I have both the unlimited app and buy comics weekly in-store, granted this will change when I have to pay more bills but for now its sustainable

I spent upwards of 40 dollars a week on comics and have zero regrets, I think I put positive energy into my purchases and get it back from the content

Theres something special about picking up a book and loving it so much you have to read it 3 more times right after because you cant wait a whole month for the next one to come out