UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2007 Minimates Fan Group Meeting

Friday July 27th,

12:30-1:30 Minimates Fan Group Meeting-The Multiverse does exist! Members of the Minimates Multiverse, and Minimates fans in general come together to hang out and discuss the “block figure” sensation that is: DST’s Minimates. Put a name to a face, show off your custom Minimates or just talk about upcoming waves with Shanester(Board Moderator/Jerkface), Nervous Rex(Minimates Customizer), TBT!(Minimates Historian & resident alien)and maybe even have your own run-in with the elusive CloneMe(Minimates Customizer Extraordinaire). Room 24A

More news as it happens!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't getting that many of these guys together a sign of the Apocalypse? Not the cool blue one that the X-Men fight every couple years, but the hellfire and brimstone one?

We managed to get 5 of us together in the PUB at once last year at SDCC and the world didn't end then... So we should be good.

T.

I'll be there too, but shouldn't we have a password or secret handshake or something? I'm worried DST Chuck will infiltrate and take us out in one fell swoop. "This will teach them to complain about Spider-Man and Wolverine Minimate rehashes!"

It is actually the end of the world if you don't go. But don't worry, it'll be worth it. I'm sure TBT will lure some booth babes into the festivities. :D

Also, the secret handshake is giving up a gold or silver or black Spider-Man to the guy wearing the bright yellow shirt. :whistling:

It is actually the end of the world if you don't go. But don't worry, it'll be worth it. I'm sure TBT will lure some booth babes into the festivities. :D

Also, the secret handshake is giving up a gold or silver or black Spider-Man to the guy wearing the bright yellow shirt. :whistling:

Not if Tim turns all giggly and starts babbling like he just reached puberty to a "certain" booth babe. Also, don't get him to tell you about his fox hunt tattoo :mellow:

mental note......pack yellow shirt

Not if Tim turns all giggly and starts babbling like he just reached puberty to a "certain" booth babe.

No, I've seen it happen a few times in public and at pubs... he does that to every girl he thinks is attractive...half the girls at dublin square can't understand a word he says!

But I guess pimps don't need "words"...

Not if Tim turns all giggly and starts babbling like he just reached puberty to a "certain" booth babe.

No, I've seen it happen a few times in public and at pubs... he does that to every girl he thinks is attractive...half the girls at dublin square can't understand a word he says!

But I guess pimps don't need "words"...

*SIGHS* You know you're the top pimp when young punks like these have to try to take cheap shots at ya :timbo::P

Nervous... I actually seem to remember that it was you that the strange little old man was trying to show his 'foxhole' to... Foxhole will never and I mean NEVER have the same meaning ever again!

Cloneme... It's an accent thing honest ;) and as you say if only half of them couldn't understand me that means I had the attention of 50% of them, play the odds my boy play the odds ;)

Timbo... It wasn't TBT's fault... There was one girl at the show last year who I know was the devil trying to break him and I swear she was pure pimpstealing evil dressed up as a very cute little redhead...

T.

Don't you guys know it's hard out there for a pimp? :timbo:

Don’t forget about this panel where we can all bug Chuck:

Sunday 1:30-2:30 Diamond Select Toys: Minimates—Minimates aren’t just for superheroes any more! Discuss this exciting toy line with Chuck Terceira (Diamond Select Toys), Donna Soldano (Art Asylum), and master painter Eddie Wires as they reveal upcoming Minimates, answer your questions, and show why Minimates are the #1 block-figure in the world! Room 2

How come the description in the programming guide is different for the minimates fan group meeting? Is "jerkface" a taboo word? :P Oh yeah, and Cloneme sounds like a rock star. :D

all the people going are such luck bastards!! :lol: (jk)

i guess i ll just have to catch up on the multiverse after i return from my "trip to the west"(no i am not going to CA)

Don�t forget about this panel where we can all bug Chuck:

Sunday 1:30-2:30 Diamond Select Toys: Minimates�Minimates aren�t just for superheroes any more! Discuss this exciting toy line with Chuck Terceira (Diamond Select Toys), Donna Soldano (Art Asylum), and master painter Eddie Wires as they reveal upcoming Minimates, answer your questions, and show why Minimates are the #1 block-figure in the world! Room 2

How come the description in the programming guide is different for the minimates fan group meeting? Is "jerkface" a taboo word? :P Oh yeah, and Cloneme sounds like a rock star. :D

Cloneme sounds like a rockstar 'cause Cloneme is a rockstar.... oh they fixed it!

12:30-1:30 Minimates Fan Group Meeting— The Multiverse does exist! Members of the Minimates Multiverse and Minimates fans in general come together to hang out and discuss the "block figure" sensation that is DST's Minimates! Put a name to the face, show off your custom Minimates, or just talk about upcoming waves with Shanester (board moderator and Jerkface), Nervous Rex (Minimates customizer), TBT! (Minimates historian and resident alien), and maybe even have your own run-in with the elusive CloneMe (Minimates customizer extraordinaire). Room 24A

Ok folks seeing as we are on the one week countdown... I thought it would be fun to dig out some pix from last year and remind people of the minimate related stuff going on...

post-7-1184864787_thumb.jpg

post-7-1184865023_thumb.jpg

An ongoing tradition... Nervous and Leia 2005 & 2006 - can you believe I had to talk him into taking the first one of these?

post-7-1184866705_thumb.jpg

Another Leia picture, another MMMV shirt, :) there is def a theme here :) ( and I have pix of at least 2 more members with various versions of Leia ;)

post-7-1184865118_thumb.jpg

Just to prove we don't all get our pic taken with beautiful women here's another member with snoopy, maybe this year there'll be a snoopy in slave leia costume? - it will happen eventually...

post-7-1184865513_thumb.jpg

Beer and minimates, that's the real secret ;) the unofficial minimate pub meetup. despite the fact 4 of 5 of those guys are members... where are the shirts???

I have a bunch more pix of members doing daft stuff but dont want this post to get any bigger.

OK folks so a quick recap on whats going on minimate related... be sure to show up and make yourself Know ;)

Friday

12:30-1:30 Minimates Fan Group Meeting - The Multiverse does exist!

Members of the Minimates Multiverse and Minimates fans in general come together to hang out and discuss the "block figure" sensation that is DST's Minimates! Put a name to the face, show off your custom Minimates, or just talk about upcoming waves with Shanester (board moderator and Jerkface), Nervous Rex (Minimates customizer), TBT! (Minimates historian and resident alien), and maybe even have your own run-in with the elusive CloneMe (Minimates customizer extraordinaire). Room 24A

6:00- til someone gets us thrown out. - Unoffical MMMV pub meetup,

Last years was a lot of fun and it was good to chat in the relaxed atmosphere of the pub. over 21's only folks for obvious reasons. PM me for where we're going to meetup as I'm still deciding.

Sunday

1:30-2:30 Diamond Select Toys: Minimatesâ€â€Minimates aren’t just for superheroes any more! Discuss this exciting toy line with Chuck Terceira (Diamond Select Toys), Donna Soldano (Art Asylum), and master painter Eddie Wires as they reveal upcoming Minimates, answer your questions, and show why Minimates are the #1 block-figure in the world! Room 2

And dont forget the hunt!

Hope the above gets those who are going to be going all fired up... See you at the show boys ( and girls?)

T.

p.s. the pic below is an odd one that was attached but isnt supposed to be there, the quirks of the board are evil :|

post-7-1184865387_thumb.jpg

I am so jazzed about SDCC. I can barely contain my excitement. I don't think I'll be able to beat traffic from LA and make it to preview night, but I'll try.

I'm finding some great seminars. Here is one I definitely plan to attend (in addition to the Minimate ones!)

Thursday

2:00-3:30 Resin Casting and Silicone Moldmaking— Jeff Broz has presented five previous Comic-Con seminars about plastics and casting. Sam Girgis has loved spaceship design since the Apollo missions. Whether you want to produce a garage kit model or reproduce a missing part for your vintage toy collection, this year's seminar will cover material choices and advances into more complex silicone mold design and casting techniques that should offer secrets to the novice and the working Joes in the trenches for short run 3D duplication, and for garage kits or industrial design. The panelists will also discuss the newest 3D printers and ways to build your virtual models. Look for their website at jdbgrphx.com or Matrix Enterprises. Room 30CDE

Categories: Action Figures, Toys and Collectibles | Art and Illustration | Seminars & Workshops

I NEED A 3-D PRINTER! Talk about taking Minimates to the next level ...

Man I want to be there this year, but I'm stuck over the pond :(

I really want those zombies, but can't afford the shipping right now, and the Rooster Teeth people (guys who make RedvsBlue) are there too. It's well annoying. :angry:

How about we have a contest? The first board member to come up and identifies me will get a big, fat kiss from Jaycen. :P

Erm.... you just put a 10ft exclusion zone around yourself as we try to pretend to not know who you are nick... erm I mean stranger :)

oh and does the "prize" cover the 'medical' needed to ensure we don't get anything infectious from Jaycen? :D

T.