UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Super-Duper New, Never-Seen-Before, This-Changes Everything, Break-The-Internet Avengers

Lobsterman

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/miles-morales-joins-the-all-new-all-different-aven/1100-151811/

Kind of an interesting lineup. I'm not entirely convinced that's Tony in the suit, though. With the FalCap and Thor-Lady identities apparently sticking, and Miles, Kamala, and Sam thrown in, the theme seems to be "modern takes on classic heroes." Maybe Tony stays Superior and that's Pepper? (Also, maybe a little soon to give Tony a pass on being a total dick for the last six months).

Also, lots of kids to babysit; is this team going to be able to take on big threats?

Edited by Lobsterman

Is this a sneak preview of what Marvel Studios is considering once certain contracts expire? Because let's face it; after the pre-determined number of films in a multi-pic agreement, actors can get pretty expensive.

And is that She-Hulk they're charging?

I don't mind this line-up. It looks more like the Avengers to me than a lot of Avengers books in the last 10 years. Also, if Waid truly is going to be the regular writer, I can definitely see myself getting behind this. And I'm guessing that's Radioactive Man they're all charging at.

Edited by Glantern

I get that there is a shortage of diversity in comics (that seems to be rapidly changing), but did they need to change some of the oldest and most beloved characters? They should rename them the All New, All Different, Politically Correct Avengers. Thor is now a chick?! SMH. Just my opinion.

This team is AWESOME looking

And yes the team is a good reflection of the world they are protecting, sorry not sorry.

My thinking is that may be an Ironman from a different universe since we see Miles as the teams Spiderman, but I think its too early to tell, either way if this is the Avengers team coming out of Secret Wars, I will be very happy.

For the most part, these ARE Marvels Mightiest Heroes currently, Though I do think She Hulk and Captain Marvel would be cool inclusions

The team is "all-new."

There's nothing new about Thor being a chick or Spidey not being Peter Parker or someone else being Captain America. That's ancient history.

Ms. Marvel is still a girl, you've still got your Iron Man and your Vision and your Nova. Unless that's Pepper Potts in the armor and then it's Rescue but, you know, also not new.

The team is "all-new."

There's nothing new about Thor being a chick or Spidey not being Peter Parker or someone else being Captain America. That's ancient history.

Ms. Marvel is still a girl, you've still got your Iron Man and your Vision and your Nova. Unless that's Pepper Potts in the armor and then it's Rescue but, you know, also not new.

Yeah, I get it, but I think this is the reason they did all that. New characters are a good thing and given time, they could prove very popular with the target audience.

I have gotten over it, I just don't like it. I quit buying Marvel comics and won't buy anything else featuring these characters.

Im wondering who the creative team on this book will be, the Artist for that cover is Jerome Opena but that doesnt mean he will be the artist for the book as this is just the FCBD promo issue

Hickman is taking a hiatus from marvel and after his epic run of almost 3 Avengers books, I could see why he'd want a break

Remender has been a favorite of the Marvel heads lately but to be honest Im not the biggest fan of his Marvel work, Axis was shit and though hes redeeming himself with All-New Cap, im scared to see what he'd do to the awesome characterization of Kamala, Miles and Thor

Bendis did just sign another exclusive contract with Marvel...but please god no.

Warren Ellis has said that his Marvel project has already been selected for the year, but something tells me this is a longer term thing.

right now, Jason Aaron seems like the logical choice, G Willow Wilson is doing A-force (which hopefully will extend past secret wars) and Aaron's battleworld title ends, he will have no Thor title to continue, not to mention his work on Wolverine and the X-men and Original Sin was awesome.

Im wondering who the creative team on this book will be, the Artist for that cover is Jerome Opena but that doesnt mean he will be the artist for the book as this is just the FCBD promo issue

Hickman is taking a hiatus from marvel and after his epic run of almost 3 Avengers books, I could see why he'd want a break

Remender has been a favorite of the Marvel heads lately but to be honest Im not the biggest fan of his Marvel work, Axis was shit and though hes redeeming himself with All-New Cap, im scared to see what he'd do to the awesome characterization of Kamala, Miles and Thor

Bendis did just sign another exclusive contract with Marvel...but please god no.

Warren Ellis has said that his Marvel project has already been selected for the year, but something tells me this is a longer term thing.

right now, Jason Aaron seems like the logical choice, G Willow Wilson is doing A-force (which hopefully will extend past secret wars) and Aaron's battleworld title ends, he will have no Thor title to continue, not to mention his work on Wolverine and the X-men and Original Sin was awesome.

Waid was rumored to take this book.

I'm just glad it will be nice to read a Avengers book where things happen again, after 3 years of false starts and Morrison-lite nonsense.