UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Templates

Hey guys I have been using the templates at the link below

http://minimatefactory.com/blog/new-minimate-decal-template/

to start sketching out some mates that I ultimately want to make and have on my shelf.

So the templates are cool and their scaled to actual size for a base minimate body, So i Printed it out and Ive been tracing it in my notebook and sketching new characters from there. This has been cool for regular sized characters, but it would be nice to have some alternatives. So I need help with 2 things:

1. Does anyone have these scaled larger so I can print them on a page and do more detailed sketches

2. And does anyone have a basic template, small or large, for a bulked up base character? Like a Hulk body with a regular blank head (no hair)

This way I can do better detailed sketches, and I can do bigger characters in my notebook

I thought of looking up some concept art and clearing it out, but I dont have any photo editing software at this time.

If anyone can help maybe I can draw a mate up for you as a thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't offer any help in regards to the bulked up mate, aside form the fact that the face/head should be the same size as a regular mate.

In terms of more detailed sketches wouldn't it just be a case of printing the existing template a bit bigger? When I design decals and bits I just measure the chest blocks/head height. For round bits like arms wrap them in a bit of masking tape, mark where they overlap, remove and measure that. I then create a image that size in photoshop.

I know you said you dont have the software for that, but I think gimp is free to download.

Sorry if that hasn't helped at all.

• 2 weeks later...