UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC LEGOs

boyd

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I just built the Brainiac Attack set (76040).

As usual, Lego figures out a way to make something look like it's supposed to when you're done building it.

I like that Superman and Supergirl come with an switchable angry or determined face. J'onn's cape includes the smaller upwards collar piece - nice attention to detail.

The Brainiac ship looks good, although it would not get a good safety rating with the upper part of the skull face causing an obstructed view for the pilot (unless the pilot was a cybernetic12th level intellect, so I guess it's OK).

Not a bad price a $24.99 at Target.

Yeah, that was a fun one. It's nice to get a villain-specific set. My dream DC Lego set is still Blue Beetle's Bug, but I'm not really holding my breath.

me too man, i'd be all over that! Blue Beetle is in my top 5 hero costumes of all time!

I'd love to buy a super friends style hall of justice modular building as well .... and maybe legion of doom HQ

Mine is Oa.

Yours might be more attainable.

Honestly after the heavily Green Lantern centered Lego Batman 2, Oa may not be impossible. Or at least the Central Battery. Throw in a White Lantern Superman, John Stewart, a Guardian, Atrocitus, and a large figure of Sinestro Corps or Black Lantern Anti-Monitor you'd have a good set on the level of the Gorilla Grodd set. Or make the Monitor the set like they did with Luthor's power armor.

I bet we get an Oa set at some point. Unless you mean a Death Star-sized set of the whole planet. That might be too much to expect. The GL ship with Hal and Sinestro is pretty cool.

I'd be kinda surprised if we don't get a modular Hall of Justice. Price might be a bit much ($200 plus if the Simpsons is any indication) but I'd definitely get one. Pack it with Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman and Robin....

I really just want something that'll give us base bodies in each Lantern corps. Sinestro Batman is within my reach right now with Sinestro but if we got a Larfleeze at some point we'd be able to make Orange Luthor.

Hall of Justice would be excellent, I bet it'd be at least 250+. I don't get how some sets are way way more than others, it's not always by brick count.

Or the Watch Tower and if you could hook that up to the power functions and make it spin.

Cost of license definitely has to play a part, as the Simpsons modular buildings are priced about $50 higher then the regular modulars, despite having significantly less bricks. Blind bags are higher too. I don't even want to think about the prices for the big Star Wars sets.

I'd probably pay up to $300 for the HAll of Justice. I sold off all of my modulars about 2 yrs ago (had the 1st four sets) which cleared up all kinds of room, so a nice HOJ would fit perfectly in my (and my son's lego room) He has the green lantern and black manta sets, and i'm going with bootlegs for the rest of the figures for now.

I still need to sell a body part or two so I can afford the Death Star (and the Ewok Village), but for Oa, I just meant something like the Central Battery and some surrounding building and/or flora.

Like the DCC 3.75" set they showed:

sdccdcboothmain.jpg

Still really wish we'd gotten the rest of those figures at least. :(

• 1 year later...