UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dynamic Duo Customizing Contest

luke314pi

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the entries have started!

I was going through some old papers, and I found a Gruesome Ghosts Minimates Sticker Kit and Skeleton Minimates Sticker Kit. These are both long since retired from the store. Just for kicks I have included them in with Prize Pack #1. :)

Surprised myself by getting these done. So I present, the entire reason we have characters to read and love, collect and customize....I give you:

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby!!

StanandJack.jpg

Stan

StanLee.jpg

Jack

JackKirby.jpg

They are mostly quick customs, little bit of paint and one decal (which I'm still getting used to making.....) but they have been customs I've wanted to make for a while now and this seemed to be the perfect reason.....the best Dynamic Duo of them all!

Hey, I actually got my entry done! Here's Calvin and Hobbes:

post-1943-0-11026400-1354117160_thumb.jppost-1943-0-11347700-1354211689_thumb.jppost-1943-0-24783500-1354211798_thumb.jp

I'd been planning to do these guys for a while, ever since I saw the Daxter figure from the Playstation line, but it took Luke's contest to motivate me to get 'em done. I'll post these guys later in my customs thread and have more to say.

EDIT: added photos of the boys on their own. Also, I wrote 'em up on my blog; you'll also find the decals I used there.

Edited by hellpop

Hey, I actually got my entry done! Here's Calvin and Hobbes:

post-1943-0-11026400-1354117160_thumb.jp

I'd been planning to do these guys for a while, ever since I saw the Daxter figure from the Playstation line, but it took Luke's contest to motivate me to get 'em done. I'll post these guys later in my customs thread and have more to say.

VERY COOL!!

Thanks guys! Lurch, I think it was while we were trading PMs discussing a swap that I first started thinking about C&H 'mates, so I'm glad you saw them. I just wish Calvin wasn't so big; I'm REALLY hoping we get some smaller character parts out of the Walking Dead at some point.