UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Join the Staff at Minimates Central

Lurch77

Luke and I need some help on Minimates Central; life's been so crazy that we haven't had the time to do as many reviews as we would like. So here's your chance to join the team and win some cash.

===============================================================

2 Grand Prizes: $25 Luke's Toy Store Gift Certificate & you get to join the team as a reviewer on Minimates Central

KUc2YyX.jpg

Alternate Prize: $10 Luke's Toy Store Gift Certificate

Green-Coupon.jpg

Rules:
1.) For your entry you will post a review of a minimate set/figure that has not already been reviewed on Minimates Central. Your review can be a written review with pictures or a video review will work too. By submitting a review you are giving permission for it to be posted to Minimates Central.
2.) There are a few sets that I already have pics or planned for reviews so those are already called (I'll have a list below). Each person will need to call what set/figure they are going to do before so we don't double up (I'll keep a running list of those below as well)
3.) Please submit your entry in this thread.
4.) This must be a new review from the start of this post. This doesn't mean that your pictures must be new, but they do have to be your own pictures. If you have more questions about this please ask.
5.) Only one entry per person.
6.) You can make changes to your entry up to the deadline of this contest.
7.) Remember safety first and that we are a family friendly site.
8.) MinimateMultiverse takes no responsibility or liability for any broken laws, damage or general mayhem caused in the process of creating your entry.
9.) Any entries that do not post either due to timing or technical issues are not the responsibility of MinimateMultiverse.
10.) MinimateMultiverse has the right to change the contest or rules at any time. This includes but is not limited to the completion date and prizes.

Dates:
Entries will be accepted between now and midnight 11:59 PM PST May 4, 2015.
Winners will be posted afterwards.

Voting:
Luke and I will be picking the two winners to become full time reviewers on MMC. There is also an alternate prize of a $10 gift certificate.

Sets already called:

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can reviews written for MMC be posted on other sites after going up on MMC, or would you prefer they stay MMC-exclusive? I'd love to participate in writing reviews, but since my website's schtick is reviewing every figure in my collection, I wouldn't want certain figures to be absent from my site.

I'm gonna make a call for Thor and Maleketh if you please. Thank you.

And I think I would like to become a reviewer. Though if you don't mind, I'd like to ask what would be asked of me as a MMC Reviewer. I don't often buy minimates unless they're Marvel movie minimates. Sometimes I pick up the odd set here and there, but it's not a constant collecting hobby. What would you want out of a full time critic?

Best of luck to those who enter - I really had a blast doing it for so long, but was lucky in that it was the early years when there wasn't so much product! Later on I was really lucky to get some superb reviewers, who all came from the Multiverse (so I knew they were all great guys too) so hopefully the same can happen for Luke with this contest.

Danny and Rad were responsible for bringing many collectors into the fold here. Let me speak on behalf of one of those (myself) by saying thanks for all that you did in those earlier days to help demonstrate why these little bastards are so terrific!

Edited by karamazov80

2 a month? yeesh I can't say I actually buy that many minimates. Unless I part and parcel out the ones I actually do buy. Which would be a disservice to the people who are looking at these asking if they want to get them.
Alright, I can't say I want to be a MMC critic. I'll still do this review and if you guys like what you see and want more, tell me and I'll do more.

However... Do these reviews have to all be new reviews? If my peices could be new reviews alongside various specials (Such as "A Look Back" comparing older versions of minimates to the latest incarnation and other such malarkey) then I could totally bang out two pieces a month.

Totally not expecting brand new sets all the time (have you seen my reviews lately? How far back are my sets?). Basically any set/figure that has not already been reviewed on the site yet is fair game at all times.

Reviews along with specials would work.

You can post your review in this thread or post a link to your review.

A contest for reviewing Minimates? That's right up my alley!

I'd like to shoot for becoming a reviewer. Are we allowed to call for a set that has yet to be released? I ask because I'd like to do Marvel wave 61's Coat Hawkeye and Sub-Ultron set, and it's supposed to hit 4/8, so it's still within the contest's time frame.